Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: I'm Surprised Mikey Garcia Passed on Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    The problem was the 50/50 split GB was offering. That's 50/50 split regardless of the money and the network. Do you really believe Linares deserves 50/50 against Mikey when nobody showed up to see Linares last fight at the Forum? Obviously GB is going to do whats best for them and try to keep more of the money than Linares deserves.
    Keep in mind though since Mikey has returned. He's been the Co Main Event twice and Broner was the A side and Mikey was the B. I hate saying that but Broner is way more popular than Mikey.

So how do we really know how well Mikey can sell when he has yet to be the lead star?

Comment

Surprised how? someone offer more money to hand out a beating like he would do with JL!
      any updates on who he fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        Keep in mind though since Mikey has returned. He's been the Co Main Event twice and Broner was the A side and Mikey was the B. I hate saying that but Broner is way more popular than Mikey.

So how do we really know how well Mikey can sell when he has yet to be the lead star?
        He would sell out the Stub Hub, the Forum and sell well at Staples. He has a lot of fans in California and a lot of his fans traveled to see him fight in NY and Vegas for his last 2 fights. Linares last fight at the Forum didn't even sell. Linares isn't as big as Mikey, big reason GB has him fighting in the UK a lot. Keep in mind Linares was paid 250k for his last fight but all of sudden GB thinks he deserves 50/50?

Comment

Working...
        X