Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Rejects Golden Boy's Linares Offer, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Rejects Golden Boy's Linares Offer, Explains Why

WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia (37-0, 30 KOs) explained that a better economic offer to return on January 27th was what made him reject a proposal from Golden Boy Promotions to stage a unification with WBA champion Jorge Linares. As BoxingScene.com reported last week, Garcia met with Golden Boy President Eric Gomez in an attempt to reach an agreement for the Linares fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hmmm. Don't mind this as long as it's a unification bout with Easter. Then can fight Linares in Summer. However, if it's anything else, it will suck.

Comment

Easter Jr. is nice, but Omar Figueroa Jr. would be special! I'm just sayin'! I wonder if Garcia vs. Easter would be paired with Lipinets vs. Broner?

Comment

Surprised he wouldn't go for the easier fight first. He probably feels like he beats them all easily regardless of order.

I'm not complaining, as long as he fights them all. His words suggest he's getting $1.5 million for his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Easter Jr. is nice, but Omar Figueroa Jr. would be special! I'm just sayin'! I wonder if Garcia vs. Easter would be paired with Lipinets vs. Broner?
          Probably the likely outcome

Comment

Why does Mikey get a pass? He beat two bums @135 and a bum @140 in his three comeback fights & people wanted to put in the top 5 p4p! Then he calls out Cotto @154, Thurman @147, Garcia @147, Loma @135, Linares @135, etc. I think Mikey is a good fighter but it seems like the call outs was just for show! I don't think Mikey is serious about fighting none of the guys he's been calling out but instead wants people to believe he'll fight anyone.

Comment

Mikey is a smart Cat and I'm glad for everything he's doing.. I like the Easter fight as I feel it's more competitive than the Linares bout,, I believe Easter has bigger cojones and will lead to a Toe-2-Toe battle/possibly a WAR. I gota roll with the Garcia camp with Mikey holding his hand up when it's all said and done

Comment

Mikey is a smart Cat and I'm glad for everything he's doing.. I like the Easter fight as I feel it's more competitive than the Linares bout,, I believe Easter has bigger cojones than Broner that will lead to a Toe-2-Toe battle/ possibly a WAR. I gota roll with the Garcia camp with Mikey holding his hand up when it's all said and done

Comment

Mikey beats both Linares and bunny so... why not just go for the most money available? War Mikey!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    No because Garcia-Easter is a main event and Broner is not gonna fight on an Easter undercard lol.
                    Plus Lipinets-Broner is targeted for May theu article said this Garcia-Easter is for Jan 27 (if it's Easter.)

Comment

Working...
                    X