Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Parker: Hearn Will Negotiate Terms Over Next Few Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No complaints. He is fighting a champion. Wilder Whyte as co main event. Then fight each other next. **** would be MASSIVE

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
      Why should it be 60/40?? If it is Joshua who produces 80% of the revenue then why should Parker get 40% of the profits? I don't understand that logic.

If you were in a business with someone and you both had 'business owner' on your cards but it was you who was bringing in 80% of the sales how would you feel about your business partner saying they want 40% of the profits? I wouldn't like that very much at all.
      Because its take two to generate 100% and people pay to see two guys fight not one if they perceive a challenge the more they buy, and they both are undefeated world champions in a unification bout, 20% is too lowball for any undefeated fighter defending his title, why not make it winner gets 80% the loser 20% and I bet Hearn changes his tune.

Its ridicules insulting offers like this as to why fights are not made, they can also throw offers like this when they don't really want the fight.

Comment

Wilder called out Parker numerous times. Parker, rather shamelessly, ducked him. Wilder called out AJ and AJ could not be anymore blatant in his refusal to fight him.

There are two top hws. Wilder and AJ. Wilder has held a belt much longer and looks like he is improving, while AJ looks like his years of ped use is starting to wear off. AJ says he will fight Wilder on AJ's own terms. Which is apparently not at all, at least not in the next year.

It seems AJ's fanboys have deemed it necessary for Wilder to make Hearn more money by fighting Whyte before he should be allowed to unify the titles. That is ridiculous. And second, Wilder already said he would do just that, if it was in the contract that he would get AJ next. And then AJ says, he is going to make demands for the fight and not budge on them and Hearn is saying he is starting to talk to Parker. Hearn literally cried for Wilder to fight Whyte and then he could UNIFY belts, and then when Wilder agreed Hearn and AJ just acted like they never said that and go back to talking about anyone not named Wilder.

I always thought AJ would beat Wilder, but I don't know the last time I saw a champ so blatantly duck another champ. He doesn't even have any excuse, just not now, I want it to be on my terms, and my terms are not at all. This is sad and pathetic. Joshua was supposed to be the savior of the heavyweight division, bring back some real excitement to the division. Now we are just seeing some of the worst ducking in the history of boxing. And there have been a lot. But this is certainly near the top. AJ's fear is starting to make me think Wilder might be able to beat him, if he can ever get AJ to get into the ring with him.

No one but AJ's fanboys who only want to see AJ win an easy fight want to see AJ-Parker. No one but Eddie Hearn wants to see Wilder-Whyte. Everyone except AJ, Hearn, and AJ's fans who have no confidence in their man want to see Wilder-Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          No one but AJ's fanboys who only want to see AJ win an easy fight want to see AJ-Parker..
          I've no doubt you're honest when you say you don't want to see it, but you're quite wrong to assume others share your viewpoint.

With a chance to unite another version of the world title against an undefeated opponent, this fight, properly promoted, would be very big in the UK and beyond.

Comment

This is an interesting fight. Parker is crude but he keeps coming forward. Joshua may have stamina issues and he's going to have to fight every minute while Parker's in there. Parker's got a solid chin too, so can Joshua keep that 100% KO rate?

Later in the year Joshua faces Wilder for all the belts.

Comment

Wilder called out Parker numerous times. Parker, rather shamelessly, ducked him. Wilder called out AJ and AJ could not be anymore blatant in his refusal to fight him.

There are two top hws. Wilder and AJ. Wilder has held a belt much longer and looks like he is improving, while AJ looks like his years of ped use is starting to wear off. AJ says he will fight Wilder on AJ's own terms. Which is apparently not at all, at least not in the next year.

It seems AJ's fanboys have deemed it necessary for Wilder to make Hearn more money by fighting Whyte before he should be allowed to unify the titles. That is ridiculous. And second, Wilder already said he would do just that, if it was in the contract that he would get AJ next. And then AJ says, he is going to make demands for the fight and not budge on them and Hearn is saying he is starting to talk to Parker. Hearn literally cried for Wilder to fight Whyte and then he could UNIFY belts, and then when Wilder agreed Hearn and AJ just acted like they never said that and go back to talking about anyone not named Wilder.

I always thought AJ would beat Wilder, but I don't know the last time I saw a champ so blatantly duck another champ. He doesn't even have any excuse, just not now, I want it to be on my terms, and my terms are not at all. This is sad and pathetic. Joshua was supposed to be the savior of the heavyweight division, bring back some real excitement to the division. Now we are just seeing some of the worst ducking in the history of boxing. And there have been a lot. But this is certainly near the top. AJ's fear is starting to make me think Wilder might be able to beat him, if he can ever get AJ to get into the ring with him.

No one but AJ's fanboys who only want to see AJ win an easy fight want to see AJ-Parker. No one but Eddie Hearn wants to see Wilder-Whyte. Everyone except AJ, Hearn, and AJ's fans who have no confidence in their man want to see Wilder-Joshua.
              If anyone is confused about this whole situation, read this.

If you still aren’t sure, read it again.

Comment

Joseph Parker jumped on the radio yesterday afternoon (NZ Time) and spoke about the current situation. At this stage, Hearn & Co are offering around an 80/20 split - so I expect to see something like 70/30 or 65/35 settled upon once they get closer.

Parker said he and his Camp were happy to take a Lucas Browne fight in the interim, and that there are negotiations ongoing, alongside the Joshua negotiations.

Not much mentioned about Wilder, although there have been murmurs about DUCO reaching out to Wilder's camp and there not being much interest in getting a fight together. Which is a great example of why boxers calling out other guys on social media, is just hot air. What matters is teams coming to the table and sorting out the brass tax.

We know Wilder can talk. We know he can punch. But there hasn't been a whole lot of motivation from his Camp to actually get him into a big fight. Talk is cheap.

Comment

Gotta cut you off there buddy. Talk is ****ing cheap. It is very, very easy to get on Twitter or whatever and say "Fight me!". It means nothing. It means less than peoples opinion on here - which is **** all in itself.

What matters is people getting to the negotiating table and signing deals. That doesn't happen often enough.

Anyone with half a brain, and anyone who's eyes are clouded by fanboy-ism, could see right through Wilder's callouts of Parker. EVERY single one of those callouts had asterisks, conditions and caveats. Hell, last time Wilder decided to open his mouth during the whole Fury deal, he wanted a unification fight done on a months notice. Not ****ing likely - use your brain dude. BUT, there's a group of fans out there who will lap that **** up like it's gospel. They can't see it for what it is because they can't think for themselves.

Words. Stop putting so much stock in throwaway words - that's all they are. Otherwise, you're ****ing gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Because its take two to generate 100% and people pay to see two guys fight not one if they perceive a challenge the more they buy, and they both are undefeated world champions in a unification bout, 20% is too lowball for any undefeated fighter defending his title, why not make it winner gets 80% the loser 20% and I bet Hearn changes his tune.

Its ridicules insulting offers like this as to why fights are not made, they can also throw offers like this when they don't really want the fight.
                    Ok, so answer me this question. Anthony Joshua versus Kubrat Pulev sold 75,000 tickets and in a matter of days if not hours. Being that in your words, 'it takes 2 to fight' how many of those 75,000 tickets do you think Pulev as opponent was responsible for?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                      Gotta cut you off there buddy. Talk is ****ing cheap. It is very, very easy to get on Twitter or whatever and say "Fight me!". It means nothing. It means less than peoples opinion on here - which is **** all in itself.

What matters is people getting to the negotiating table and signing deals. That doesn't happen often enough.

Anyone with half a brain, and anyone who's eyes are clouded by fanboy-ism, could see right through Wilder's callouts of Parker. EVERY single one of those callouts had asterisks, conditions and caveats. Hell, last time Wilder decided to open his mouth during the whole Fury deal, he wanted a unification fight done on a months notice. Not ****ing likely - use your brain dude. BUT, there's a group of fans out there who will lap that **** up like it's gospel. They can't see it for what it is because they can't think for themselves.

Words. Stop putting so much stock in throwaway words - that's all they are. Otherwise, you're ****ing gullible.
                      They have no interest in Wilder. Zero, the money simply isn't there. Of course that could well change but for now they see it as too much risk for too little reward when they could make much more facing Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X