Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelly Finkel in 2015 - "Wilder Will Not Be Rushed To Klitschko"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you hold two of the major belts theres not excuse to be taking it easy and asking for more time to develop! In 2015 Deontay just became champion and circumstances ( like always with Wilder ) canceled any potential clash with Wladimir -- nice try, Deontay never ducked anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Hearn has demanded Wilder fight Whyte, and won't even give him an AJ guarantee. I'm not going to be kind about this anymore; anyone who doesn't find that suspect is a delusional fanboy, or just a straight idiot when it comes to boxing. PERIOD.

I'm fine with people liking AJ. I really don't like or dislike him. It's what his promoter is doing that is wrong. Same with Oscar in the Canelo situation but no one here has the balls to be honest about it because they think criticizing Hearn is criticizing Joshua. That's some simple-minded bullshyt.
      In the podcast he said the fights were mutually exclusive and that he (Wilder) could Whyte or AJ. I havent seen him demanding that Wilder has to fight Whyte (although he is clearly pushing for it).

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Straw man.

Whats the rush?

Yes like everyone else I want the fight, but I want it when BOTH guys are at the top of their game, not just one of them. That doesn't mean I think Wilder wins the fight today, I just think Wilder has a way better chance than he would if Joshua got more experience under his belt.
        So Joshua isnt ready?? why make all these other excuses up, just say that

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          So Joshua isnt ready?? why make all these other excuses up, just say that
          What excuses?

There are no excuses - you guys are making these up from your imagination. In terms of the thread I am highlighting the double standards from the point of view that people think Joshua should fight him tomorrow.

'he isn't ready' is not accurate either. If they fight next year, which is more or less the first opportunity they have had, that means he feels he is ready.

If you are asking me what I think - I feel he is ready to compete and maybe win, the fight is a 50/50 with a slight edge to Joshua if it happens next or the fight after, I think if he waited 18 months 3 fights you would see a much more complete Joshua and then Deontay's chances are much slimmer.

You guys want to see it now because, yes it is an exciting fight, but you know Wilder's best chance is to take him now.

Comment

Big difference here is that AJ is pulling down $15-$20M purses no matter who he fights. Wilder, is making $1.4M on a good day.

AJ is fighting better opposition with just 20 fights to his record. Takam would have given Wilder his toughest fight to date. Wilder never wanted Klitschko or Fury. He's turned down Whyte for a career high $5M payday because he doesn't want to risk a loss before getting to AJ, a fight that he can cash out on. If he loses between now and then, there's no AJ fight for him.

Bottom line...Wilder needs AJ more than AJ needs Wilder.

Comment

I have been on here since 2005, i follow boxing without any nationality crap, two days ago i said this exact same thing to another american poster on here (Gambler) that in 9/10 years you cannot put the blame on Wlad,Haye,Adamek, Fast eddie etc just to name a few HW fighter who were around the time when Wilder was a challenger, up and comer, and when he finally became a champion, I even said that Povetkin fight was pushed back for many reasons.

So am glad this thread was bumped to show that i was right, now Wilder's team chose to move him along slowly and when they feel he is now ready they want the other champions in the division to dance to his moves, the others did more for their careers in less time than Wilder did in his 9/10 years as a pro. So if those two want to wait another 18 months for that fight with Wilder to happen then we would all be hypocrites to criticise them.

Unless you were on record criticising Wilder when his manager made those statement in that other thread...You know the "Don't y'all wanna see the best fight the best".

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                Off topic but what kind of man is called Shelly? I genuinely thought it was a woman until I heard him speak on the podcast.
                It's short for Sheldon and it's similar to Artie or Jimmy.

Comment

WTF is this?

What does this have to with us wanting the Joshua vs Wilder fight in 2018?!!

Do you not remember that Wilder broke his hand from beating the literal crap from the champ at the time in Stiverne for 12 rounds?

He needed a tune up to test his hand out and then got 2 voluntary mandatory fights which all New champs get!

By the time his hand was fully healed, Klitschko lost to Tyson Fury!

Fuk what these mouth piece promoters and managers talk...lets look at the real!

If your disparaging Wilder's co-manager for saying he feels Wilder needs more advancement before fighting Klitschko then how do you feel when Hearn, Team Joshua and even Joshua out his own mouth say and have said that Wilder is too much, Joshua needs to learn more, and the fight needs to happen in 3 years?!

You idiot you're basically making a rhetorical thread!

LOL, tell I can tell you rather live on your knees by the way you suck off Edward Hearn and Joshua!

Comment

LOL at folks that try to bring up what Hearn said about Joshua needing time to develop as an excuse for "ducking" Wilder.

Hearn laid it all out for the public in that Boxing Voice conference call.

Y'all are comparing Joshua who won a world title less than three years after their debut and 16 pro fights in to someone that needed 33 pro fights in nearly seven years to be ready for a world title...then after that his co-manager says that "he's just a baby winning the title"...

I don't know how some of y'all view it, but from my side it looks like Wilder is the one being protected.

Shoot, Hearn said straight up that if y'all ready to talk terms for the Joshua-Wilder fight, he's open to it.

Comment

great thread. people defending this too wilder had 33 fights and was 30 years old for christs sake lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X