Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Why Do I Need 'Lower Standard' Whyte To Land Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    There really is no excuse for Hearn asking Wilder to fight Whyte first. The "popularity" argument collapses because AJ's fought his share of unknowns.

UFC: where the best fight the best today Boxing: where the best fight the best "eventually"

I love how the guys who try to justify the delay because of commercial reasons and letting the fight gain momentum call themselves boxing fans, but don't know they're indirectly causing the demise of the sport by defending these charlatans
    Yeah I agree. So many ‘fans’ go on and on about revenue and who deserves who and who doesn’t and when the time is right and when it isn’t...whatever man. If there is a fight that needs to happen we should all clamour for it. Some of us are right now and some of us aren’t. We know the reasons. True fans vs fanboys. Simple as that.

EDIT: (For arguments sake) I’ve stated many times on here that I am a big fan of Anthony Joshua and followed his career with great interest...But his approach to the Wilder situation, along with Hearn and certain AJ fans is just indefensible. Like I keep saying, I’m a big fan, but let’s be real here, we know which of these two sides is the one that seems more hesitant in their approach to this situation. I do feel though, that it is more Hearn and his pulling of the strings more than Joshua himself, but by the same token, you have to then wonder why AJ isn’t begging him for it.
    Last edited by SthPaw; 11-07-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      its called building a fight you dumb ****. whyte should be a relatively easy fight for a nice payday and makes the joshua fight even bigger.
      Building a fight yeah right if that's the case why won't Eddie guarantee Joshua after???

Comment

Peasants like Dillian Shyte cant even beat Deontay's sparring partners like Johann Duhaupas that destroyed Robert Helenius.

Imagine what A.J's fans would of said if Deontay had that type of performance vs. Robert Helenius?! oh yeah I know, they told me that King-Dung Ortiz stunk the joint up vs. Malik Scott and David Allen and thats the reason Eddie Hearn never gave him a shot at Joshua despite the fact Eddie was promoting Ortiz in the UK, hehe.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 11-07-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Even wilders admitting his previous opponents were rubbish. Whyte would be a step up from all of them and he's very average. Just beat Whyte and then AJ will knock you out in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Wilder is quickly becoming the one of the dumbest boxers of recent memory for me ,right next to Ortiz !

Hearn even speaking to him live yesterday along with Finkle told them he doesnt have to take the Whyte fight to get a Joshua one but the two fights arent going to be negotiated together but why not take a huge pay day and get even more money in the meantime until Joshua deal is negotiated .

This knuckle head then went on a pointless rant yelling over Hearn at some point when Hearn told him hes not being avoided by anyone least of all Joshua !

A true moron of the highest order after hearing him talk with no media around him and he proved that to me ,Hearn and Co. must be thinking how dumb team Wilder is bc no one even had an answer for him as too who makes the decisions behind Wilder ? .

Why can’t they be negotiated together???? Oscar let GGG fight Chavez jr even though the GGG fight was finalized. Why can’t Hearn Guarantee Joshua if Wilder beats Whyte. Wilder is tired of the BS and wants a meaty challenge.. the last 2 time he’s tried to fight 2 top 5 guys that everyone said he was afraid of, his opposition tested dirty and he get flak for it.

Comment

I just can't believe how quickly this "duck" talk has exploded - after Wilder sparked out a fat and inactive Stiverne!?

Matchroom and Sky Sports had Wilder ringside as the star guest for the AJ-Wlad fight... lol would they really do that is Joshua is running scared!?

AJ-Parker in a co-main event with Wilder-Whyte makes SO much business sense for everyone involved that it's crazy it's not just a no-brainer... it perfectly builds AJ-Wilder, introduces Wilder to all the casual Brit fans and if everything goes to plan ends with the AJ-Wilder fight being even bigger and for all the belts. The only thing stopping that is Team Wilder's egos, but they don't sell tickets or PPVs, hence this media blitz off AJ's name now to try build some sort of leverage...

Comment

Whyte is "lowering himself," Brazeale is "stepping up."

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  Why can’t they be negotiated together???? Oscar let GGG fight Chavez jr even though the GGG fight was finalized. Why can’t Hearn Guarantee Joshua if Wilder beats Whyte. Wilder is tired of the BS and wants a meaty challenge.. the last 2 time he’s tried to fight 2 top 5 guys that everyone said he was afraid of, his opposition tested dirty and he get flak for it.
                  Leverage and Hearn knowing Wilder is not worth what he will be asking to begin with . You dont guarantee anything when a fighter like Joshua pulls in 90%of the viewers and Wilder does not .

Wilder knows the Joshua fight would happen this year ,hes looking for a challenge 39 fights later and not one top 10 guy since 2015 ? You are aware Whyte is a top 3 WBC ranked guy and Povetkin and Ortiz dont make up the entire HW roster right ?

If Wilder dont want Whyte im sure there are plenty of guys far easier to fight before the Joshua fight happens .
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-07-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

WILDER has fought his bum of the month fighters just like Marciano and Loiuse did. What i like is he has been chasing FURY and JOSHUA for big fights and should keep the pressure on them. We can no longer hate on WILDER because of these facts.

Comment

This fight doesn't need a build up its the biggest fight in the Heavyweight division at this point and A Juicin J is scared to fight someone who can match his range and power. They are both chinny and all it takes is 1 punch in the HW division so this fight needs to happen ASAP but Hearn and Joshua dont want it. I hear all the brits on here saying oh he needs to build a name and this and that but Wilders been champion longer than Joshua has just because Joshua got the Klitschko fight he thinks he has a right to call the shots but lets be real he fought a 41 year old Wlad who hadn't fought in 1 and a 1/2 years and was coming off a loss and he still struggled.

So yeah if Wilder lands the same straight right hand that Wlad landed its over for AJ and he and hearn know it

Comment

Working...
                      X