No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder vs. Bermane Stiverne did 674K on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Did it? must of had good Ole ground and pound and choking -- wow! that sound gay, just describing what goes on in that sport makes me feel I dont know...*yuck*
    you couldn't be more wrong ...3 titles fight ,all belts changed hands ..2 by KO ..even the 2 under card non title fights were better then wilder/stiverne lol..this is coming from a die hard boxing fan, so carry on being a close minded idiot : )

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      This is why Joshua name is great for you. The moment they attached that name to Wilder his viewership numbers went up, this is how to sell/build a fight.

usually you post stuff on point but this is reaching even for you

Comment

Joshua-Klitschko pulled in 659,000 viewers on Showtime. King Deontay is doing those numbers with shot inactive Bumane Stiverne in a rematch nobody wanted to see. Like you mentioned Dr. Kewl Hair, if we wait on the SKY ratings in the UK ( yes they covered the fight ) Deontay must of done over a million views, WOW!!! King Deontay must be the 'A' side -- do you guys have the SKY numbers by the way?
        You forget to mention that was a day time fight in a time slot that never has a high viewership and you conveniently failed to add in the HBO views that night.

Plus you forget to mention that Wilder Stiverne 1 had MORE THAN DOUBLE the viewership that this rematch had....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Had a live audience 7 times that of Wilder. Has 8x more Twitter followers

if alabama was a country supporting its fighters he would have stadiums filled up as well...

at your twitter comment like that actually matters in boxing

Comment

Those are really good numbers since the UFC card was right across the street at the same time. Even I was trying to switch back and forth between the two.

Comment

Oh still waiting on those SKY numbers from this weekend for Wilder-Stiverne...you guys do us a favor and find them wont you? thanks.
              LOL, be lucky if its 50,000

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                You forget to mention that was a day time fight in a time slot that never has a high viewership and you conveniently failed to add in the HBO views that night.

Plus you forget to mention that Wilder Stiverne 1 had MORE THAN DOUBLE the viewership that this rematch had....
                OK, lets use your logic then : if A.J fought Wladimir in America it would affect their numbers in Europe considering the different timezones.

Also two can play this game we have yet to learn the SKY numbers for Deontay vs. Stiverne II -- that also helps but its a little bit more complicated for Wilder because the Brits get our fights around 3.am but we at least can help their numbers because their mainevents come around 2-5 pm so its not really fair.

So to make it even -- I said lets just look at the Showtime numbers and its an indictment against Joshua, when Deontay can pull the numbers that he and Klitshcko did with a old Bumane COMPETING with that cage fighting PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  LOL, be lucky if its 50,000
                  Well considering you guys get our fights around 3.am I say not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Very true. I remember Lomachenko drawing 880k viewers for Sosa and those figures were laughed at. I remember him drawing 730k for Marriaga also laughed at.

Last time I checked those are two larger numbers than 670k based on simple math and facts.
                    That's great! That means more people will watch Rigo give Loma a schooling compared to heavyweight metrics! Thanks for the recap

Comment

Well considering you guys get our fights around 3.am I say not bad.
                      You wont get reliable numbers tbh, Sky doesnt release much, you can watch it on demand at any time, and fights normally get repeated for a couple of days on one of the Sky channels. No way of really gauging the interest

Comment

Working...
                      X