Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder vs Stiverne purses (Stiverne won't get the step-aside money)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    You pointed out nothing. Wilder has beat nobody and isn't a draw. He refuses to build his image in the UK, turning down $4.5 mil to make $1.5 instead. He's also making ridiculous demands like the Joshua fight in the US. His mouth is saying he wants the Joshua fight, his actions say he doesn't.
    Dude already pointed out as you did.That you know s hite go back and read post You made MY POINT already lmao

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
      What you described retains the current organizational structure of the sport, and this potentially dilutes the talent pool threefold (compared to a single governing body). On the plus side, it provides an opportunity for each weight class to determine a true world champion. Why can't the Big 3 just ignore the WBO, etc, and proceed with the unification fights? Does Top Rank and (now) ESPN have that much jam to stop something like that?
      Had the WBC, WBA and IBF executed their plan without the involvement of the WBO, the sport would be going from four world titles to two world titles. Now, the WBO would own 100% of half of the world titles while the WBC, WBA and IBF would each own 33% of the other world title.

So the WBO's power would grow from 25% to 50%. Would have been an absolute disaster for the WBC, WBA and IBF. Even if logically we can sit here and agree that the joint "undisputed world champion" of the WBC/WBA/IBF would be the real champion, Arum and Warren would still be working pretty much exclusively with the WBO and before long fans, media, networks, etc would simply be referring to the two world champions as if they are equal, just as they currently refer to the four world champions as if they are equal, even though the WBO is light years behind the other three.

The only way the single undisputed world champion idea could have ever worked would have been if all four groups teamed up. 3 of the 4 were willing, 1 wasn't. So like always, it comes down to Bob Arum. He's the #1 reason we have four titles to begin with and he's the #1 reason the plan to have one world champion fell apart.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Had the WBC, WBA and IBF executed their plan without the involvement of the WBO, the sport would be going from four world titles to two world titles. Now, the WBO would own 100% of half of the world titles while the WBC, WBA and IBF would each own 33% of the other world title.

So the WBO's power would grow from 25% to 50%. Would have been an absolute disaster for the WBC, WBA and IBF. Even if logically we can sit here and agree that the joint "undisputed world champion" of the WBC/WBA/IBF would be the real champion, Arum and Warren would still be working pretty much exclusively with the WBO and before long fans, media, networks, etc would simply be referring to the two world champions as if they are equal, just as they currently refer to the four world champions as if they are equal, even though the WBO is light years behind the other three.
        If Arum and Warren isolate themselves within WBO-sanctioned fights, then necessarily wouldn't your merged organization control about 75% of the talent pool? and thus be able to more frequently mandate far better fights? i.e. offer a better product to promoters and broadcasters. I realize the four ranking lists are not mutually exclusive but wouldn't it serve the sport better to increase transparency, and as a byproduct, highlight the dysfunction at in-house WBO politics by cooperating among yourselves to stage the best fights possible now?

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          Had to take this fight and you fricken know it..Sick of this FAKE NEWS BS.Why the hell do people have to be so 1 sided.Its either canelo or ggg wilder or Joshua ward or kov.One guys great other a bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          If he fights Breazeale next and rebuffs the Whyte fight he's got an issue, I think he concerned about being stiffed on the cards in he UK and rightly so, their has been some disgusting judge on Hearn cards.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            If Arum and Warren isolate themselves within WBO-sanctioned fights, then necessarily wouldn't your merged organization control about 75% of the talent pool? and thus be able to more frequently mandate far better fights? i.e. offer a better product to promoters and broadcasters. I realize the four ranking lists are not mutually exclusive but wouldn't it serve the sport better to increase transparency, and as a byproduct, highlight the dysfunction at in-house WBO politics by cooperating among yourselves to stage the best fights possible now?
            Networks want world title fights. Fighters want world title fights. Arum & Warren would still be going from controlling 25% of the world titles to controlling 50% of the world titles. A merged WBC/WBA/IBF world title would be the greatest thing that ever happened to the WBO.

That is why the idea was dead without WBO participation.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              If he fights Breazeale next and rebuffs the Whyte fight he's got an issue, I think he concerned about being stiffed on the cards in he UK and rightly so, their has been some disgusting judge on Hearn cards.
              Whyte is not any better then Breazeale.Matter a fact I think that would be great fight(or close).Breazeale has beat a few top 15-20 guys that izo kid was good just did not have stamina(maybe heart)to beat him.Breazeale has shown a lot of heart at least and does have some skill too.Whyte has prob 2 top 15-20 guys(Hell,Chisora which could have been draw easy.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Networks want world title fights. Fighters want world title fights. Arum & Warren would still be going from controlling 25% of the world titles to controlling 50% of the world titles. A merged WBC/WBA/IBF world title would be the greatest thing that ever happened to the WBO.

That is why the idea was dead without WBO participation.
                These greedy bastards will NEVER agree to split pie. I just think as fans evertime you see a writer name the IBO you right in and tell what you think and that maybe you will start giving other sites "hits" if they don't stop.Really if half of the posters on here could do that it would make a difference.We will prob never get rid of these 4 crooks but WE CAN NOT LET IT GET TO 5.Protest the IBO.

Comment

These greedy bastards will NEVER agree to split pie. I just think as fans evertime you see a writer name the IBO you right in and tell what you think and that maybe you will start giving other sites "hits" if they don't stop.Really if half of the posters on here could do that it would make a difference.We will prob never get rid of these 4 crooks but WE CAN NOT LET IT GET TO 5.Protest the IBO.
                  Well this site isn't going to stop recognizing the IBO as long as the IBO is paying them for recognition.

Comment

Whyte is not any better then Breazeale.Matter a fact I think that would be great fight(or close).Breazeale has beat a few top 15-20 guys that izo kid was good just did not have stamina(maybe heart)to beat him.Breazeale has shown a lot of heart at least and does have some skill too.Whyte has prob 2 top 15-20 guys(Hell,Chisora which could have been draw easy.
                    I'm no calling for either fight, they're both terrible IMO I just give him a pass fighting for 4m then fulfilling a mandatory obligation thereafter.

Comment

do joshua and hearn realize the wbc is the best belt and worth 50 million dollars?

Comment

Working...
                      X