No announcement yet.

Saving Boxing in the U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Boxing in the U.S.

While listening to the broadcast of the AJ fight and hearing that it was breaking the record for an indoor fight, beating out the Superdome fight between Ali and Spinks it really made me ponder the downfall of boxing in the U.S. and how to fix it. The only way boxing comes back bigtime is to piggyback. The best non PPV ratings recently came when Errol Spence and Bundu fought right after the Olympic BBall game. Promoters need to find a way to get the best fighting the best after major NBA/NFL/MLB games. Can you imagine Thurman vs Spence right after an NFL playoff game. Garcia vs Loma after an NBA playoff game. Charlo vs. Golovkin after the NBA on Christmas day. When a TV network develops a new show they want to be successful the put it on right after the most popular show in their line up

I don't want to be an armchair promoter or anything but they should really follow the blueprint of floyd, he does a lot of self marketing and other things to get his fights to the mainstream

Comment

Boxing has never appealed in the US. The only thing casuals care about is WWE stunts/"Big Drama Show"/Posting Expensive Stuff On Instgram(For Some Reason This Gives You Alot Of Instagram Followers). Casuals don't care about boxing.

Comment

America RECENTLY produced the wealthiest fighter EVER.

Let's see a non American fighter surpass Mayweather THEN start a dumb post like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
          Boxing has never appealed in the US. The only thing casuals care about is WWE stunts/"Big Drama Show"/Posting Expensive Stuff On Instgram(For Some Reason This Gives You Alot Of Instagram Followers). Casuals don't care about boxing.
          Casuals care about boxing when you gift wrap it in bullshi t

Comment

A good fight sells well with no piggyback required as Canelo vs GGG showed. I don't think boxing is dead in the USA and needs any help from other sports. Las Vegas is still the most important boxing city in the world.

Comment

I'd pay good money to watch Bob arum vs manny pacquiao in a ring pac screaming at him "uncle Bob you stole my dollars! I'll box you up with the shaolin hand" random but true plus that would help boxing immensely.

Comment

a great white u.s. boxer with a bad boy personality would put u.s. boxing back on the map. hed be on billboards, commercials, and the country for the most part would get behind him and not trash his every move. this sadly is what has to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                  I don't want to be an armchair promoter or anything but they should really follow the blueprint of floyd, he does a lot of self marketing and other things to get his fights to the mainstream
                  This.

Very few fighters are good at self promotion and promoters in the US should barely be called promoters these days with their fight hyping/selling ability nowadays.

I mean look at Broner and his following despite him sh^tting the bed every time he steps up. There is something to that if you are paying attention and that's him selling himself on social media.

Look at Haney. He's got a following and hasn't fought close to a live opponent yet. That dude is all over YouTube. The world changed and boxing still thinks it's 1972 in the US.

There are more examples of varying success out there.

Comment

haymons killed US boxing. as long as hes a key player, boxing in america wont thrive.

Comment

Working...
                    X