Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Stops a Game Carlos Takam in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lmao. I could see why you're betting on it from the perspective of its boxing and anything can happen and the odds are great, but i'll be surprised if this goes past 6 or so. Joshua by tko

Comment

I wish people would stop talking about Wlad's age. Wlad's a great athlete that has taken care of himself his entire career. Yes, he was 41 but he still got a better physique than 99% of the HW boxers 10-15 years younger than him. I bet his stamina is better than most fighters too.

BTW...AJ should dominate and win by KO but if you look at the odds I can see why some would be tempted to put some money on Takam.
      Last edited by VatoMulatto; 10-28-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I think Joshua is too rangy for Takam. Joshua sucks in the pocket where Takam excels, so if he's smart he'll stay at range and just tag him all night long to a knockout. Not a stoppage, a knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          You had me until the last paragraph. If Joshua can't beat this guy then how the heck does he stand a chance against Wilder?
          Wilder has not fought any one of Takam's ability IMO. Wilder would NEVER fight this guy unless he was a mandatory. He got outboxed by Spzilka until the ko FFS. Takam would beat WIlder as well IMO.

2 unbeaten and untested (apart from AJ, albeit against a fading WK) champions.

Like I said, I rate Takam highly and will stand by my prediction. Joshua has not faced an opponent like this and will come unstuck, I will say the same thing if bumsquad was facing him.

Both overhyped without being the finished article. Guys like Takam will show there worth, not Stiverne.

Joshua only has one credible opponent who would have won if not for being a coward and wasn't willing to close the show.

Joshua is NOT elite and neither is WIlder. The guy is horrible technically.

Comment

I put a small amount on Helenius and Takam just to make watching more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              Wilder has not fought any one of Takam's ability IMO. Wilder would NEVER fight this guy unless he was a mandatory. He got outboxed by Spzilka until the ko FFS. Takam would beat WIlder as well IMO.

Like I said, I rate Takam highly and will stand by my prediction. Joshua has not faced an opponent like this and will come unstuck, I will say the same thing if bumsquad was facing him.

Both overhyped without being the finished article. Guys like Takam will show there worth, not Stiverne.

Joshua only has one credible opponent who would have won if not for being a coward and wasn't willing to close the show.

Ok I get it. You're not a fan of either one. I don't agree they're horrible technically but I hear that from the British commentators about Joshua. Its almost like they're hoping he loses. Either way, Takam is a good fighter but I would be shocked if he beat Joshua.

Gerald Washington was also outboxing Wilder but it doesn't matter because he still got stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post

So if the 2 top title holders in the HW division aren't Elite . Who is ?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  I put a small amount on Helenius and Takam just to make watching more interesting.
                  You may as well triple your odds by making them both KO props, zero chance helenius or takam get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Whyte isn't really that good. I think it's going to be a competitve fight. Helenius definitely has a shot in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      I think Joshua is too rangy for Takam. Joshua sucks in the pocket where Takam excels, so if he's smart he'll stay at range and just tag him all night long to a knockout. Not a stoppage, a knockout.
                      Show me the fight where Joshua used his incredible jab and boxed on the backfoot.......oh, there is none.

Parker can box on the backfoot and Povetkin is an elite mid-range and inside fighter.

Joshua has shown nothing that makes me confident he can beat Takam, and that is why I made my prediction.

If Joshua beats Takam on the inside and shows me something I haven't seen before, fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X