No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Driven By Puerto Rican Devastation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    hes not a bum he just fights bums. thats cool why? cause hes old? then retire!
    That’s what he’s doing lol.

Comment

He's so driven that he's fighting a camel driver...

Comment

Miguel Cotto could give two sh/ts about PR, has not lived there in years and charges his own people PPV for soft touch WCB fights.

Tito cared about PR, Cotto could care less.

I am not even from the island and I know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
          I remember Oscar buying a house higher up the hill than Tito Trinidad's house which is basically an insult because its saying Tito was lower class than him in his own country. Tito probably hitting Oscar up for a loan this month and a job next month.
          you have no chill 😂

Comment

this man has done a lot for his people.......but he wasnt trying to be the puerto rican national hero for ****s sake.....Ricans have J-Lo and Marc Anthony for that ****

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
              this man has done a lot for his people.......but he wasnt trying to be the puerto rican national hero for ****s sake.....Ricans have J-Lo and Marc Anthony for that ****
              Exactly. When he was on the way up, fans and the boxing media wanted him to be the next Tito. From a very young age, he had the maturity to say, "Miguel Cotto is not Tito Trinidad. Miguel Cotto is Miguel Cotto." He was always pretty clear in saying that he fights, first and foremost, for his family. That doesn't mean that he lacks affection for (or identification with) the people of Puerto Rico. He's just never tried to be anybody's superhero.

Seems like a lot of boxing fans are just looking for superheroes. That says more about their own lives than it says about the fighters.

Comment

As much as I like Cotto, I don't think he gives a **** about PR.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  hes not a bum he just fights bums. thats cool why? cause hes old? then retire!
                  He will be well paid for little risk, but not as well paid as Mayweather fighting a rank amateur. Cotto's options are to fight a young guy who will put him in a comatose condition or fight a low-risk bum for the same amount of money. Cotto is old but he ain't stupid. Anyway, he says this is his last fight. But who knows? Maybe Roach and Oscar can talk him into making more easy money next year. Maybe he can fight an old Mexican next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X