Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people seriously believe Floyd Mayweather Jr could beat Gennady Golovkin at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally don't think so, am a massive Mayweather fan but there is a limit to what you can do in terms of weight. He wouldn't be able to keep anyone from 160 off him. He might get through the mediocre ones but he wouldn't be able to do that to GGG or any of the bigger ones like Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      This was what you said quote " This thread has nothing to do with hypothetical / fantasy "

Floyd at 160 is exactly that .
      TS kinda walked into that one......No offence TS.

Comment

Floyds best was 135 when GGG can beat guys up to CW come see me, he cant beat top guys from one division higher and his biggest wins are guys from WW, if GGG was the same size as Floyd he gets schooled that's the bottom line its a pure size thing nothing else, GGG hasn't beaten anyone and for all the hype of atg etc he is a let down, l have no doubt Ward would have beat the sht of GGG, no doubt at all.
        He KO'd Bute before Froch did, Bute who's last fight was at light heavy. He also beat Dirrell.

Since when was Jacobs a WW? He should also have a legit win over Canelo, so much for not beating anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          He KO'd Bute before Froch did, Bute who's last fight was at light heavy. He also beat Dirrell.

Since when was Jacobs a WW? He should also have a legit win over Canelo, so much for not beating anyone.
          Canelo and Brook were WWs and his biggest names and he only beat one of them, Jacobs vs Mora shows what GGG beat, looking at the hype G is over rated I know why they wanted nothing to do with Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            For this thread, this bout is taking place at 160 pounds. So there isn't any rehydration clauses for either guy. Gennady Golovkin has to make 160 pounds on fight night though. Whilst both could weigh whatever they want on fight night for this bout.
            Floyd don't think he can beat GGG that's the main thing.
            He would love GGG on his vresume but it would only result in loss

Comment

Canelo and Brook were WWs and his biggest names and he only beat one of them, Jacobs vs Mora shows what GGG beat, looking at the hype G is over rated I know why they wanted nothing to do with Ward.
              Canelo is not a WW, your talking rubbish. Yeah he beat both but was robbed against one of them. Jacobs KO'd Mora twice, your not even bringing good examples to back up your hate.

Bute got Ko'd and Direll got beat, 2 guys bigger than GGG. Jacobs came in massive against GGG as well and he got dropped and beat.

I would take you more seriously if you actually put some good points across, all your doing is hating on GGG like so many other people on here like to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                GG can't beat Floyd because he doesn't own enough skill. If Floyd were given time to bulk up to 160 he'd beat GG's ass.
                Green K

Comment

This was what you said quote " This thread has nothing to do with hypothetical / fantasy "

Floyd at 160 is exactly that .
                  No, it isn't to do with any hypothetical fantasy. Now who considers this bout to be a hypothetical / fanatical bout and who doesn't? I consider it to be a hypothetical / fanatical. However, those who think that Floyd Mayweather Jr can beat Golovkin at 160 pounds (and there are many here who do) are the ones who consider this bout to be a 'REAL' match up.

If you don't think Floyd can fight GGG at 160 pounds and if you think it is only a hypothetical fantasy match up, then this thread isn't for you because you're not one of those individuals (like me) that deem it as a real possible match up. This thread is for those who do think it is a real possible match up

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                    If and buts are hypothetical. I could just as easily and justifiably claim that if Golovkin was given enough time to bulk up to heavyweight, he could beat Mike Tyson. Of course, that is just pure speculation. Objectively, we go by facts and not speculation.

Based on facts, Floyd Mayweather Jr has no feats and record at 160 pounds. Therefore, he hasn't proven himself to be a more 'skilled' boxer at 160 pounds. Otherwise, he would've already fought there and would've already produced a better legacy and record at 160 pounds than Gennady Golovkin. Floyd Mayweather Jr's feats and accomplishments below 160 pounds are for the most part, irrelevant for this match up because it is taking place at 160 pounds.
                    GG couldn't beat Tyson if he bulked up to 1000 lbs. And there is no such thing as being more skilled at 160. Floyd is more skilled a 1000 times over GG at any weight. Floyd's age is the only reason I even suggested that he should bulk up if he were to fight GG or any MW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      GG couldn't beat Tyson if he bulked up to 1000 lbs. And there is no such thing as being more skilled at 160. Floyd is more skilled a 1000 times over GG at any weight. Floyd's age is the only reason I even suggested that he should bulk up if he were to fight GG or any MW.
                      'Skill' is subjective. Can you actually prove that he is more skilled in an objective manner? Otherwise, it just remains a subjective claim that is unsubstantiated.

Record is objective. Golovkin has a far superior record at 160 pounds than Floyd Mayweather jr. Therefore, he is the more impressive 160 pound boxer. Therefore, he is more likely to win.

You could refer to certain attributes such as speed, reflexes, power and so forth so on. However, a boxer doesn't necessarily carry those same abilities from a lower weight division to a heavier weight division. Considering that speed is one of Mayweather's strengths, there is no guarantee that he would carry his speed to 160 pounds with the extra mass and be as effective as a result.

That's why weight divisions exist. Success in one division doesn't automatically mean success in a different weight division. This is why David Haye, despite being the best cruiserweight in the world during his time failed to beat Wladimir Klitschko and beecome the number 1 heavyweight in the world. Why? Because he did not carry all his attributes with the same effect to heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X