Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo Ring Return Targeted For January, Says Manager

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
    Nah ur Wrong, the kid is VERY, VERY TALENTED and flashy, that's why he is so marketable.

some of the few boxers we though could of be an epic match up with loma or crawford...
    I completely disagree. Lomachenko beat him with relative ease at London 2012. He's never had nowhere near the boxing IQ of a Loma or Crawford. Crawford would absolutely murk him. His marketability comes from the fact that he was a Puerto Rican amateur standout and a big ticket seller in NYC. I wish the kid all the best but he's never gonna be anywhere near the level of a Ortiz, Gomez or Trinidad.

Comment

Ive said it before, but Verdejo needs to add variety to his arsenal. Hes last few performances he failed to make adjustments and his opponents figured out his technique. He is a 1 2 puncher, and lacks throwing more than 2 at a time. He doesnt not throw combinations, and tries the same stuff, and his last couple of opponents figured him out.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I completely disagree. Lomachenko beat him with relative ease at London 2012. He's never had nowhere near the boxing IQ of a Loma or Crawford. Crawford would absolutely murk him. His marketability comes from the fact that he was a Puerto Rican amateur standout and a big ticket seller in NYC. I wish the kid all the best but he's never gonna be anywhere near the level of a Ortiz, Gomez or Trinidad.
        did u dee his fight with loma in the ams??? Verdejo only lost by 3 points and he was 17 yrs old that should tell u how talented he really is.

Comment

How old was Verdejo at the time???

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            How old was Verdejo at the time???
            did u dee his fight with loma in the ams??? Verdejo only lost by 3 points and he was 17 yrs old that should tell u how talented he really is.
            He lost pretty clearly at the London game, it was by a wider margin than 3 pts and V-Lom won handily regardless. Verdejo was 19 at the time but that's a fair point he was young and inexperienced. However, that doesn't change the fact that there really isn't anything super special about the kid. I mean just look at his resume, what's his best win Najera? Silva? Flores? And it's not even like he's blowing these guys away either, if he was truly an elite level fighter he'd be making light work of these lower level guys. Look what Berchelt did against Flores compared to what FV did, look what Beltran and Saul Rodriguez did to Najera in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
              He might be the same guy as Omar Figeuroa, Frankie Gomes, Jose Benavidez and probably some other guys.
              nice post I think one of the worst waste of talet in last 10-15 has to ricky Williams man that kid had it all watched him from am days.and worst part he had all those skills[one of fastest set of hands] and also had good chin and heart.one of his last fights he was fought he was way over weight and and had to fight a 154 guy[ricky was 140 in shape]and he took abeatin and lasted the dis and I remember thinkin all this guy cant do is a fukin sit up or two and maybe run once in while.what a waste
              Last edited by john l; 10-23-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I get kinda get susp when this guys look so good and then when they get to level where their is some sort of testing[ped]they seem to lose something.but no prov but anyways I just don't see top 5 kinda talent or maybe even top 10.i think they will be lookin to cash him out soon as poss

Comment

He lost pretty clearly at the London game, it was by a wider margin than 3 pts and V-Lom won handily regardless. Verdejo was 19 at the time but that's a fair point he was young and inexperienced. However, that doesn't change the fact that there really isn't anything super special about the kid. I mean just look at his resume, what's his best win Najera? Silva? Flores? And it's not even like he's blowing these guys away either, if he was truly an elite level fighter he'd be making light work of these lower level guys. Look what Berchelt did against Flores compared to what FV did, look what Beltran and Saul Rodriguez did to Najera in comparison.
                  well is ur opinion but everybody was really high on Verdejo and we considered him a blue chip, lets see what the future holds for him.

Comment

well is ur opinion but everybody was really high on Verdejo and we considered him a blue chip, lets see what the future holds for him.
                    Fair enough bro, we'll agree to disagree. I genuinely hope he gets back on track and gets the chance to prove himself. 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
                    X