Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Makes Pro Debut, Stops Ian Lewison in Eight Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    funny how tunes have changed. before the fight people were saying 'oh maybe its too soon for lewison, very risky' then joyce wins every round, stops him and you guys still hate on him
    Not sure if Iīm one of these "haters", I just donīt think Joyce is good enough to be top 20. Nothing against the guy. But on the subject of HW prospects, any thoughts on Oleksandr Teslenko? Young, green and untested but his speed and skills seem legit to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Not sure if Iīm one of these "haters", I just donīt think Joyce is good enough to be top 20. Nothing against the guy. But on the subject of HW prospects, any thoughts on Oleksandr Teslenko? Young, green and untested but his speed and skills seem legit to me.
      fair enough. to be honest ive never heard of teslenko lol, might youtube him later.

Comment

fair enough. to be honest ive never heard of teslenko lol, might youtube him later.
        Donīt worry, the way heīs been matched up Iīd say not even his promoter knows who he is. Heīs not huge at 6ī4 and 215 but he comes from Ukraine (never a bad sign..) and went 224 - 23 as an amateur.

Comment

funny how tunes have changed. before the fight people were saying 'oh maybe its too soon for lewison, very risky' then joyce wins every round, stops him and you guys still hate on him
          I was saying the exact same thing before this fight as i've never rated Joyce as someone i think would do well in the Pro's and saw nothing last night to make me think differently.

Fighting Lewison 4 years ago would have been a good debut fight but this fat out of shape inactive version of him is just trash and not a notable win. His boxrec ranking of 273rd in the world is spot on too.

Joyce will do well up to a certain level if matched well but once he starts facing some of the Top 50 guys, he'll be found out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            I was saying the exact same thing before this fight as i've never rated Joyce as someone i think would do well in the Pro's and saw nothing last night to make me think differently.

Fighting Lewison 4 years ago would have been a good debut fight but this fat out of shape inactive version of him is just trash and not a notable win. His boxrec ranking of 273rd in the world is spot on too.

Joyce will do well up to a certain level if matched well but once he starts facing some of the Top 50 guys, he'll be found out.
            i dont see why he cant get to world level. what great heavyweights are there out there? joshua looks good. wilders apparantly second best but his technique is horrible and spzlika and molina gave him real problems. povetkins alright but old and small. Then who else is there really? Ortiz is rumoured to be 48. I dont think it takes a lot to be a top 10 heavyweight. that kid in your avatar looks good though

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Now thatīs just rude, even I punch harder than Hughie. I think Joyce will be an entertaining Euro level fighter, nothing more. Simply too slow for world level, his WSB fight vs Usyk wasnīt even competitive.
              Yeah Joyce lost that 5-0 to Usyk, infact he lost every second of those 5 rds.

Joyce has always been a nice neat amateur boxer which worked well in that world but he's way too stiff and slow and doesn't have that extra something that the best Heavyweight Pro's have.

If you look at Triple D, sure his opposition has been weak as expected in his first 5 fights as a 19/20 year old boxer but i knew the moment i saw him in his debut he has potential to go all the way.

What was the reason? he's a very fluid boxer and his actions are very natural and done with speed and accuracy. You can also tell he's thinking about the work he's doing and then executes it. The fact he can go to the head and body seamlessly is also a huge plus too and something you rarely see from such young heavyweights.

2018 is when Triple D's opposition will start picking up and he's obviously got more then enough time to be developed and get better.

Comment

i dont see why he cant get to world level. what great heavyweights are there out there? joshua looks good. wilders apparantly second best but his technique is horrible and spzlika and molina gave him real problems. povetkins alright but old and small. Then who else is there really? Ortiz is rumoured to be 48. I dont think it takes a lot to be a top 10 heavyweight. that kid in your avatar looks good though
                I think Joyce could become British, Commonwealth and European champion...whats wrong with that? He would have a nice career if he picked up those belts along with an Olympic Silver medal.

I don't like judging any one after just one fight in the Pro's and maybe i'll be proved wrong and be pleasantly surprised.

For me...he just lacks Oomph! Just never thought he'd be suited as a Pro. I've always thought the same way about the American Silver Medalist Shakur Stevenson and nothing i've seen from Shakur so far has made me think differently.

Well lets look at Boxrec Top 50 and some of those Heavyweight's between 50 to 20:

50) Adrian Granat
                49) Bogdan Dinu
                48) David Price
                45) Bryant Jennings
                41) Gerald Washington
                39) Otto Wallin
                37) Trevor Bryan
                35) Agit Kabayel
                34) Amir Mansour
                33) Oscar Rivas
                32) Sergey Kuzmin
                29) Jun Long Zhang
                28) Hughie Fury
                25) Alexander Ustinov
                23) Alexander Dimitrenko
                21) Dereck Chisora

Not as easy as it looks and some real killers there!

Oh and Luis Ortiz isn't 48 lol he might be 40 at the most but no more. Don't listen to Amir Mansour, he can be known to exaggerate things greatly! He's a great guy and some one i tried to match up with against Tyson Fury a few years ago but Team Fury and Hennessy weren't interested due to how dangerous Mansour is.
                Last edited by Boxnation fan; 10-21-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• He has exactly the same potential as David Price ☺

Comment

• He looked abit all over the show to me, and very un-grounded on his feet at times! I think his style needs calming down because he sure does expend a lot of unnecessary energy!

Comment

• I thought he did a good job. About as good as they'd of hoped.
                      Much better than going in there and KO'ing a guy with more losses than wins inside of 2 rounds.

I know they want to fast track him, and time isn't on his side, but i wouldn't rush him too much. He's going to need work.
                      That said there could be some good domestic clashes to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X