Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight would people most like to see in 2018?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    That's because most people are emotional, not logical. The person who is the best at a sport is the person who would win.

You could create 17 basketball leagues with various height limits and perhaps there would be a great player in the 5 foot & under division that you could claim is the best "inch for inch" player in the world.

But that doesn't change the fact that the best basketball player period would be playing in the unlimited height league. The other divisions with height limits would simply be a way to monetize and market inferior players.

Read back through this thread and it should be blowing your mind just how stupid people are. Pound for pound exists for a reason, so that you guys can have these fantasies, but it doesn't change who the best actually is. Anthony Joshua would destroy Floyd Mayweather in the sport of boxing, therefore Joshua is better at the sport of boxing.

Of course he's better because he's bigger, and if you want to claim Mayweather is better at his size than Joshua is at his size, that's fine. But that's not an excuse to completely ignore reality and pretend that facts aren't facts. Look how upset people are getting over a very simple and very true statement: The best boxer is the person who is the best at the sport of boxing. It's common sense. Yet many of you are freaking out. It's completely bizarre.
    Well it's not bizzare because what you say can't possibly happen in a sanctioned boxing match. Joshua versus Lomo wouldn't be sanctioned by any credible organization. So I guess your the stupid one.

Comment

... Honestly, Joshua vs Wilder at the Wembley Stadium would be the most spectacular fight...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... Honestly, Joshua vs Wilder at the Wembley Stadium would be the most spectacular fight...
        I am not sure what the fascination with Wembley Stadium is? All of the boxing events that have been staged there, in terms of atmosphere and as a spectacle have been very poor!(The stadium in my opinion is very banal). I am not a architect, but the stadium does not in my opinion suit boxing events! (I believe that the millennium stadium in Wales due to its dimensions/Roof, will suit boxing more!).

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          I am not sure what the fascination with Wembley Stadium is? All of the boxing events that have been staged there, in terms of atmosphere and as a spectacle have been very poor!(The stadium in my opinion is very banal). I am not a architect, but the stadium does not in my opinion suit boxing events! (I believe that the millennium stadium in Wales due to its dimensions/Roof, will suit boxing more!).
          ... I agree, the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff is better than Wembley... ( but they have a tradition there with Wembley...)

Comment

For me it’s wilder Joshua. There hasn’t been a buzz in the HW div for a while

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Well it's not bizzare because what you say can't possibly happen in a sanctioned boxing match. Joshua versus Lomo wouldn't be sanctioned by any credible organization. So I guess your the stupid one.
              It wouldn't be sanctioned because Joshua would kill Lomo in a boxing match.

Because obviously Joshua is a much better boxer than Lomo.

Lomo may be a better boxer "pound for pound," but when you ask which of the two fighters would win, and the answer is Joshua, that means Joshua is better.

The fact that you're struggling with this is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                It wouldn't be sanctioned because Joshua would kill Lomo in a boxing match.

Because obviously Joshua is a much better boxer than Lomo.

Lomo may be a better boxer "pound for pound," but when you ask which of the two fighters would win, and the answer is Joshua, that means Joshua is better.

The fact that you're struggling with this is ridiculous.
                Fine... My view works for me. I really don't care if you have difficulty grasping it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Fine... My view works for me. I really don't care if you have difficulty grasping it.
                  if your view is that the person who would lose badly is better at the thing theyd lose badly at than the person that would destroy them, then you simply dont know what words mean.

might as well say your view works fine for you that a tablecloth is a hippopotamus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Ggg-canelo 2
                    Khan-broner
                    Ortiz-rios
                    Stevenson-Kovolev
                    Thurman-Spence
                    Charlo-Jacobs
                    Santa Cruz-frampton 3
                    Wilder-Joshua
                    Pauli-mcgregor
                    Crawford-manny