No announcement yet.

Anyone else lose interest in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I see. Brook and Trout should be on your list too.
    Brook irritates me because he talked too much before he fought anyone. Then I watched him quit against Spence and it rubs me wrong after all that talk to quit like that.

"Sewer" Trout I've only seen against Canelo. I'll go to youtube and check out other fights. I know he just lost one but I dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      Brook irritates me because he talked too much before he fought anyone. Then I watched him quit against Spence and it rubs me wrong after all that talk to quit like that.

"Sewer" Trout I've only seen against Canelo. I'll go to youtube and check out other fights. I know he just lost one but I dont care.
      Trout took on everyone.

Comment

My interest comes and goes.

Sometimes it becomes too much. Boxings a world sport. It's not a league like the NFL or NBA, but it's own wide open sport. That's a lot to take in. It doesn't help matters that with all the belts and 'lineal' champions, the moving between weights, trying to keep track of who called out who and who's signed with this promoter and that's why he can't fight this guy until he signs with that guy, it becomes nearly a full time job to follow this sport it feels like.

I can't follow everything related to the sport. I'll miss a lot. It doesn't help that not too many people follow boxing at all. Maybe 3 or 4 out of the 15 some odd people who I maintain contact with have a genuine interest in boxing to the point where I can have a boxing related conversation with them.

So when my friends want to do something, they don't want to watch boxing and I have a choice to make. Either watch boxing by myself, or hang out with a group of friends who I see maybe a few times a year. I either have to record the whole card, catch a replay if there is one, watch it on youtube if it's available, or I miss it. I'll usually just end up reading about it later.

Comment

I will add that I get excited when there's that big time fight that comes around every once and a while where the world seems to stop for the day to pay attention to boxing.

It's just good for boxing. It reminds people that it's still here. Even if none of them know anything about boxing, just the fact that they talk about it makes me happy.

Comment

I only like combat sports and boxing is my favorite combat sport so I am always interested in good fights between high ranked boxers.

Comment

i dont think i lose interest in any sport.
              just the limit of time that i have, and the moment of athlete rise
              so i have to focus on some sport at that moment
              and becuase of that, here i am on boxing forums follow rungvisai rise
              Last edited by badboyz08; 10-19-2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

College football is far & away my #1 during the season.

Otherwise, boxing tops NBA & NFL for me. I’ve struggled to watch the NBA ever since Kobe retired.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  All the time.
                  I don't stay up late as much atm, granted I've had some health issues but I'm finding more and more I watch live boxing way less.
                  I often take breaks when it starts to grate on me then again I'm the same with music, films and allsorts.
                  Sh^t man if I had stage 4 **** cancer I think I'd still be excited for some fights. In particular this year when it seems like a high % of good fights are being made.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  See I had no idea Tapia Rosado was on until like 10 min ago.

I feel like a casual now. I find myself only posting in the lounge (not a bad thing) but eh.
                  I think the casual base here might be stronger based on the depth most cats can go to...or they are trying too hard to troll so nothing wrong with going more casual for a time if its not catching your interest.

I remember when I was in a serious relationship for a few years, back when I thought thats what you were supposed to do, with some chick who didn't dig boxing all that much (she did go with me when I had ringside seats for a Floyd fight, but I think she just thought she might get shown on HBO) so I got pushed into casual boxing fanness for 3 or so years cuz of the happy not my wife, happy life strategy. Maybe you'll kick yourself out of it eventually.

Personally doe I can't for the life of me grasp how people get so excited for these sports with kicking, throwing & hitting balls around. Like I said I've been casually watching more "other sports" (to me "other sports" are non-combat sports) & while I be entertained by it in the moment the appeal of it is very fleeting for me & can be turned off on a dime. I need something bigger in play & nothing is more real in sports then fighting to KTFO of someone & avoiding being KTFO of by some other guy with the same goal as you. That sh^t is so much bigger than some guy swinging a bat & missing 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    I love that guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X