Garcia & Bradley had greater runs at 140 than Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Neither is Crawford’s
    exactly..so this thread is pointless as he is only focusing on 140..i guess we are really agreeing with each other??

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      is it his amazing resume of past prime fighters?
      except all were champs and p4p fighters..so!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        exactly..so this thread is pointless as he is only focusing on 140..i guess we are really agreeing with each other??
        Now you got me larry
        It’s a stupid thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Now you got me larry
          It’s a stupid thread

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            It's not pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              Not marketable?!?! Have you seen how he sells out fights in Omaha!!!
              I live in Omaha and I actually went to Gamboa fight so I know he is marketed well here but not Nationally. There are more people who know who Deontay Wilder is and who Keith Thurman is than people who know who Crawford is

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                I live in Omaha and I actually went to Gamboa fight so I know he is marketed well here but not Nationally. There are more people who know who Deontay Wilder is and who Keith Thurman is than people who know who Crawford is
                I was joking. How It's impressive that he sells out like that, but then again with no professional teams you guys love what you can get. But if he keeps koing guys like he is he will pass Thurman in no time

Comment

1. Bradley 2. Crawford 3. DSG

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    So Crawford unified all the trinkets at 140 and now people have him P4P #1 or close, but facts are his run of opponents weren't that great. Diaz and Postol were good but not great opponents. The rest are whatever. Molina, Lundy, and even Udango (who somehow captured two belts) are just ok wins. His reign at the division is similar to GGG before he fought Jacobs and Canelo. Just a bunch of decent wins in spectacular fashion, but nobody elite.

Garcia dominated highly regarded Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan, two fights where he was the major underdog in. That alone is more than Crawford has done his entire career. Bradley beat undefeated guys like Peterson and Alexander with ease and also has scalps like Miguel Vasquez, Witter, and Holt.

So where's all the Crawford hype coming from? Does unifying all the trinkets at a division, against ok competition no less, mean that much today?
                    For what it's worth Garcia was also very, very lucky to get the nod vs. Herrera and if your going to talk up Mattheyse then you've got to give Crawford respect for the Postol win. Postol dominated Lucas and Garcia was avoiding him like the plague and Bud pitched a near shut out vs. Postol.

He also needed a second fight to really seperate himself from an old washed up Morales and didn't exactly dominate Judah.

Crawford lost maybe 2 rounds at 140 and won all four belts. He looked the part also.

Comparing his run to Bradley's. Haven't really thought about it but I do see Bud as a more impressive fighter than Tim ever was and the Alexander win to me whilst good loses some points because of constant and deliberate headbutts.

In short; Bud came to 140 as a pit stop and he cleaned out the division by winning 4 titles and the Ring title and took part in two unification matches. He lost 2-3 rounds at most and did this all in 2 years. That's impressive for a pit stop.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      So Crawford unified all the trinkets at 140 and now people have him P4P #1 or close, but facts are his run of opponents weren't that great. Diaz and Postol were good but not great opponents. The rest are whatever. Molina, Lundy, and even Udango (who somehow captured two belts) are just ok wins. His reign at the division is similar to GGG before he fought Jacobs and Canelo. Just a bunch of decent wins in spectacular fashion, but nobody elite.

Garcia dominated highly regarded Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan, two fights where he was the major underdog in. That alone is more than Crawford has done his entire career. Bradley beat undefeated guys like Peterson and Alexander with ease and also has scalps like Miguel Vasquez, Witter, and Holt.

So where's all the Crawford hype coming from? Does unifying all the trinkets at a division, against ok competition no less, mean that much today?
                      Absolutely not comparable to GGG. Crawford faced allot of awkward styles and fast handed guys, and guys who were the absolute best in his division like Burns in his home country. Ran through them all. Showed allot of skills, and has some decent names on his resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X