Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it odd that McGregor was able to win more rounds against TBE than Pacquiao did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it odd that McGregor was able to win more rounds against TBE than Pacquiao did?

Looking back at this fight, I find it odd how McGregor put up a more valiant effort against Mayweather than Pacquiao did. I find that very interesting.

Pacquiao won only 2, maybe 3 rounds at most while McGregor clearly won at least 4 rounds. How does an MMA fighter in his pro debut win more rounds than the #2 best pound for pound fighter in the world at the time?

In all seriousness, I think it was staged. Floyd let Conor get his offence in. It was probably agreed as long as Conor didn't legit go for the knockout. In the end Floyd, who is a POS in everything he does, didn't stick to his end of the bargain and went for the stoppage once Conor was tired. His pal Robert Byrd was all too eager to jump in. Conor is rich and got his offense in so he isn't really THAT bothered. He can claim the stoppage was early.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
      In all seriousness, I think it was staged. Floyd let Conor get his offence in. It was probably agreed as long as Conor didn't legit go for the knockout. In the end Floyd, who is a POS in everything he does, didn't stick to his end of the bargain and went for the stoppage once Conor was tired. His pal Robert Byrd was all too eager to jump in. Conor is rich and got his offense in so he isn't really THAT bothered. He can claim the stoppage was early.
      Interesting. We must have watched two completely different fights. I saw Conor get absolutely devastated and tossed around like a rag doll by a much, much smaller man. Robert Byrd did nothing wrong, in fact he did Conor a favor.

Conor can now live happily with the payday he received from getting whipped by Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
        Interesting. We must have watched two completely different fights. I saw Conor get absolutely devastated and tossed around like a rag doll by a much, much smaller man. Robert Byrd did nothing wrong, in fact he did Conor a favor.

Conor can now live happily with the payday he received from getting whipped by Floyd.
        I saw that too, minus the "devastated" part. I saw a man with terrible stamina and very limited defensive skills getting outclassed. He was absolutely exhausted and his legs had gone to jelly. Floyd was knocking him back but in such a big fight, could have atleast waited until Conor was knocked down before stopping it.

Comment

I saw that too, minus the "devastated" part. I saw a man with terrible stamina and very limited defensive skills getting outclassed. He was absolutely exhausted and his legs had gone to jelly. Floyd was knocking him back but in such a big fight, could have atleast waited until Conor was knocked down before stopping it.
          He still put up a valiant effort, though. Especially in the first couple of rounds. He came out strong and perhaps gassed himself out.

I wonder how a fight between McGregor and Pacquiao would go.

Comment

Now Manny Pacquiao is off the PEDs he's even smaller than Floyd. I imagine he'd still have got the stoppage though, in quicker time than Floyd.

Comment

Now Manny Pacquiao is off the PEDs he's even smaller than Floyd. I imagine he'd still have got the stoppage though, in quicker time than Floyd.
              PED's LoL. Still having nightmares of the Ricky Hatton KO?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                He was clearly on PEDs in those early years. His coach Freddie Roach even alluded to it by saying he never knew what was in those "mystery shakes that Ariza gave him".

I don't blame him though, a lot of top fighters are on the juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  No, I was never a Ricky Hatton fan. I was bashing Hatton on here before you even knew what Boxing is. Only a moron would continue to deny Manny Pacquiao's PED use.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                    He was clearly on PEDs in those early years. His coach Freddie Roach even alluded to it by saying he never knew what was in those "mystery shakes that Ariza gave him".

I don't blame him though, a lot of top fighters are on the juice.
                    If you think Drinking steroids wouldn't kill a man you should check it out. Steroids are not taken orally nor is any form of PED's (Not completely sure.)

Comment

Working...
                    X