Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandpa ADMITS Mikey Garcia FEARED Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The risk/reward was too great. That's a big jump for Mikey and I don't see him getting a lot of credit if he beat Cotto.

Comment

The real question is why doesn't Oscar like Mikey?

Comment

Garcia has wasted his career by avoiding tough fights. Even losing 2 years of his prime and what does he have to show for it? Him and Crawford are the same age and look at the difference between them career wise as far as fight purses, p4p ranking, and popularity(ticket sales). Mikey Garcia just made his first million dollar purse vs Adrien Broner while Crawford just made 2 million beating Indongo.
        Last edited by Mister Wolf; 10-14-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          WTF... you guys are desperate clowns. Why would a 135lb fighter be expected to fight a dude that's been at MW?? There's some seriously stupid people on this board.
          this in a nutshell

their new hero loma dont really want that mikey fight....but mikey supposed to fight a guy that won a MW title...lolol....the sadness and desperation would be soooo funny if it werent so sad

canyellow busted up their hero

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            The risk/reward was too great. That's a big jump for Mikey and I don't see him getting a lot of credit if he beat Cotto.
            i think the reward for mikey would have been good...but its risky....cotto is still a good fighter and at one time was very good....cotto has alot of experience and against bigger guys....would be a tough fight for mike....but i think if he beat cotto it would be big for him...just not an easy task

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

Mikey said he didn't like thd deal from GBP in intial videos after he rejected the deal. Grandpa said they LIKED the deal in the ^ . But his Dad voiced concerns about fighting Cotto at 154 and maybe Mikey gets dropped or hurt. Thats why Mikey didn't take the deal.

Mikey deflects saying "If GBP had five names ready for me" then he'd go for it. They got Cotto and Matthysse which are big fights. Nobody is going to give you 5 guaranteed fights dude with a ton of cash up front. This kid acts like he's Floyd Fùcking Mayweather.

I really can't stand the Garcia's anymore. Straight liars!
              Yet you are all on mayweathers nuts and he is the biggest bulls hitter in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

Mikey said he didn't like thd deal from GBP in intial videos after he rejected the deal. Grandpa said they LIKED the deal in the ^ . But his Dad voiced concerns about fighting Cotto at 154 and maybe Mikey gets dropped or hurt. Thats why Mikey didn't take the deal.

Mikey deflects saying "If GBP had five names ready for me" then he'd go for it. They got Cotto and Matthysse which are big fights. Nobody is going to give you 5 guaranteed fights dude with a ton of cash up front. This kid acts like he's Floyd Fùcking Mayweather.

I really can't stand the Garcia's anymore. Straight liars!
                According to the following article,Garcia wanted Cotto only and/or other fighters different from just what Oscar mandated

http://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-gar...-fight--121249

I'd say Matthysse and Linares are also high risk relatively low Rewards and Garcia can get Linares via WBC mandatory which means bigger reward for Garcia who won't have to pay promotional fees
                Last edited by maracho; 10-14-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  WTF... you guys are desperate clowns. Why would a 135lb fighter be expected to fight a dude that's been at MW?? There's some seriously stupid people on this board.
                  The old man Redd Foxx is 100% right here. McNalty get a clue please.

Comment

Mikey isnt obligated to fight a 154 fighter

Comment

Honestly, it is nothing wrong with someone stepping in and saying "Mikey Let Slow Down A Bit" that shows me he has a great team around him! Gotta let your fighter know his limit. Has ZERO to do with Fear, it is about being SMART! Mikey still young and his star is rising once again after a 2 year Layoff trying to get away from Arum. Got a good win vs Broner now back to 135 for Easter and Linares before officially moving up to 140.

I think he will likely fight the winner of Amir Imam vs Jose Ramirez and Regis Prograis vs Victor Postol little WBC Tournament once he moves up. Also Rances Barthelemy and Lipinets will likely be WBA and IBF Champion respectfully once he does move up so you can kinda understand why he is staying on the Haymon Side of Things because as he starts to move up most of the Key Fighters at 140-154 are mostly Haymon Guys. Again, By the time he moves to 140 I think Regis Prograis, Rances Barthelemy and Lipinets will be Champions all with Haymon (Prograis with DiBella) so he made the right Choice not taking that fight and signing with GBP IMO but we shall see
                      Last edited by sicko; 10-14-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X