Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Peterson Expected to Be Announced on Saturday for 1/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a nice safe fight for Spence. Lamont is a solid boxer but he can’t crack an egg especially at 147.

Comment

Spence by KO in 5. I think he is all wrong for Peterson.

Comment

Outside of Danny, Thurman, and Porter who exactly do people want Spence to fight? (I'm sure they all said no)

Peterson is top 10 at WW and would beat anybody but Spence, Crawford, and the guys mentioned above at 147.

It's a good fight before Spence does away with Thurman.

Comment

Peterson can't say no especially after fighting only once in 2 years.

Comment

Not sure if I really see a point to this fight....Spence gets the easy KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Outside of Danny, Thurman, and Porter who exactly do people want Spence to fight? (I'm sure they all said no)

Peterson is top 10 at WW and would beat anybody but Spence, Crawford, and the guys mentioned above at 147.

It's a good fight before Spence does away with Thurman.
              nah Peterson has been on haymons shelf too long. He's too rusty. He won't win more than 1 round

Comment

Wow, I feel bad for Peterson

Comment

Good fight. Could be the start of a FOTY campaign for Spence if he gets Thurman later in the year.

Comment

This makes me very scared to see who Thurman is fighting next lol made more sense for that fight to happen when Peterson picked up the WBA title.

Spence-Peterson isn’t the worst match up that could be made though. Outside of Thurman, Garcia and Porter he’s one of the better options out there and he did give Garcia all he could handle. Unification with Thurman definitely needs to happen next though. No pointless rematches in between for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Lame. Peterson went life and death with Felix Diaz, who Crawford dominated. Peterson has lost every top level fight he's been in since being popped for testosterone. He's not a relevant top level boxer. I don't understand why anyone still pretends he is. Let him actually beat someone on Diaz level clearly, or let him at least drop someone on that level. At least Luis Collazo was able to hurt Thurman, and he's no longer a relevant boxer at the top level either, because he also has gone years and years without beating a top guy.

But Peterson, he doesnt even hurt guys on that level, or drop them. Which makes him the most perfect, safest opponent for promoters. He never dominates fights or wins 8+ clear rounds, so they know worst case scenario, it will be an even fight and they can give it to their A-side, and he never drops or KO's anyone either, so promoters know their A-side has little risk in the fight of getting hit with one shot.

In other words, all the suspense from the fight is gone. No suspense that Peterson could hurt Spence, and no suspense that he could win 7-8+ rounds vs Spence. So, what's the point? Im not saying I never want to see Peterson box again, but Im saying he needs to improve his skills and power to the point where he can actually win even 1 out of 5 top level fights. Even then, there would be some suspense, but this version of Peterson has been going 0 out of every top level fight, so it's boring.
                      Thurman is the only belt holder that Spence can fight. He'll never get any of the top rank guys so that's out of the equation. Garcia just ducked Porter, no way he gonna fight Spence, and Porter is lined up to fight Granados.

So as far as stay busy fights go, this is actually a very decent fight.

We all know that this fight is just for Errol to stay busy until Thurman returns to full fitness, he needs this kind of work to stay sharp, and it's way better than just sitting on the shelf the whole time. His fans need to see him in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X