Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Will Be Working Hard To Squash Rigondeaux!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    You do know that Rigo admitted to turning the fight down at 126?
    over money, they didn't offer him enough money and that's why it didn't happen. stop pushing the lie that he just didn't want the fight, but at 130 they all of a sudden have the money... interesting

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      over money, they didn't offer him enough money and that's why it didn't happen. stop pushing the lie that he just didn't want the fight, but at 130 they all of a sudden have the money... interesting
      It's not a lie and I'm not sure the money is all that different. Maybe the money is bigger now because Loma's a bigger name now? Is that possible? I think it is. He's won a 2nd title in exciting fashion, dominated Walters and been showcased on ESPN since the fight was turned down at 126.

Loma offered him $500k plus $500k if he wins at 126. Great offer if your 100% sure you would win don't you think?

Comment

It's not a lie and I'm not sure the money is all that different. Maybe the money is bigger now because Loma's a bigger name now? Is that possible? I think it is. He's won a 2nd title in exciting fashion, dominated Walters and been showcased on ESPN since the fight was turned down at 126.

Loma offered him $500k plus $500k if he wins at 126. Great offer if your 100% sure you would win don't you think?
        and they offered salido how much for the rematch around the same time they were negotiating with rigo????

Comment

I feel like putting decent money that Lom does not KO Rigo. Both guys punch stats will be reduced because of their elite skills and like I have said, I see a draw or majority decision either way but I dont see any way Lom stops Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by jinkazama555 View Post
            you forgot how rigo refused to fight loma @126 or wtf? yeah you gonna say about 'lowballing'. well if you think that $500K (+$500K more if rigo wins) = lowballing rigo, then why rigo is fighting for less than $200K? he received what? 180K for his last fight? )

why all this BS now?

loma didn't ask for this fight, he's preparing to go to 135 and fight mikey and linares. rigo was begging for this fight because he wants big cheque before retirement.

why would he sacrifice his body and move back to 126 only to make some haters happy? that's stupid. he's not dragging anyone from lighter weightclasses. marriage was last minute replacement because salido withdrawn.

just keep it real when you criticize somebody. stop BS
            Highly unlikely he wants any part of Mickey, but I'll let u keep dreaming. He's a highly skilled fighter, but I'd like to see him challenged as I do my favorite fighters.

Don't like all the concessions Rigo gave up for this fight but if Rigo thinks he can handle it who am I to say different.

Seems as if Rigo is banking on the "Skills pay the bills" mind set, but if we look at it we've seen weight nullify skill. Salido vs Loma was a great example of that.

Another good example is Chavez jr vs Martinez. And even though Martinez was much more skilled and won almost every round easily, he still almost got KOed at the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              and they offered salido how much for the rematch around the same time they were negotiating with rigo????
              A little more, because A) He brings in Mexican fans and B) He had a bit more leverage

Rigo turned the fight down once hoping somebody else would pay him they didn't, Loma's stock kept rising and he saw $$ signs and decided to step up.

No excuses December 9th.

Comment

A little more, because A) He brings in Mexican fans and B) He had a bit more leverage

Rigo turned the fight down once hoping somebody else would pay him they didn't, Loma's stock kept rising and he saw $$ signs and decided to step up.

No excuses December 9th.
                no excuses at all, rigo took the fight, but they could have given him that money at 126, that's my only point. may the best man win im just happy to see 2 of the greatest talkents of our time in one ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post

Seems as if Rigo is banking on the "Skills pay the bills" mind set, but if we look at it we've seen weight nullify skill. Salido vs Loma was a great example of that.
                  My take on this part is that weight only plays a role when one fighter is brawling, mauling, and leaning on another smaller fighter. These two fighters in this case will rely entirely on their skills set and the difference will be 1) Defense, and 2) The ability to adjust. They will each reduce at least some effectiveness of the other guy because of those skills and then it comes down to if one fighter is losing, can he make an adjustment that then other is not able to re-adjust to...a true chess match.
                  Last edited by richardt; 10-12-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    My take on this part is that weight only plays a role when one fighter is brawling, mauling, and leaning on another smaller fighter. These two fighters in this case will rely entirely on their skills set and the difference will be 1) Defense, and 2) The ability to adjust. They will each reduce at least some effectiveness of the other guy because of those skills and then it comes down to if one fighter is losing, can he make an adjustment that then other is not able to re-adjust to...a true chess match.
                    U have a good point, but if my memory serves me correctly, I don't remember Salido doing too much "leaning on" Loma .

It seemed as if he beat Loma by mere power differential due to the weight, which made Loma very tentative in regards to letting his hands go.

Comment

If either one of these guys is able to dominate the other- I will be somewhat shocked and massively impressed.

Loma will have the size and if he can solve Rigo's distance-puzzles he might be able to employ some bullying tactics... But there is a lot of speed to deal with from Rigo here. I expect both guys to outmatch the other in different areas. Loma should generally do better on the inside; assuming Rigo is as sharp and fast as I expect to see- he'll likely land the better counters at distance.

If Loma isn't too far behind Rigo on hand and foot speed, then he'll take the win. But if Rigo keeps a significant speed advantage, he is going to have a lot of room to work.

Can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X