Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs. Ali Will Be Finalized This Week, Confirms Golden Boy Prez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G G G View Post
    Cotto-Margarito 3 was better than this crap. I am Puerto Rican and Cotto went out like a fish. SMFH.
    I been Saying this for the last couple of months!
    now MC was a beast on this last fight! reminded me of a 2009 cotto vs Judah/mosley!!!! A BEAST! best of luck to him! Cotto/Margo III! we the public deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      I don't think finding elite fighters is the problem it's the date. It's less then 2 months away hard to get a big name wrapped up when you working with such a short deadline. Cotto should of just moved the retirement date to 2018. He was banking on getting either Canelo or GGG to fight him in Dec. But that's not happening. Cotto looked really good his last fight showed little to no rust. If he wins and looks good against Ali there will be many big fight options for him in 2018 and I can't see him turning them down.
      I expect GBP trying to get multi fught commitments might be an issue here too. I assume Mikey wasn't the only person they tried that with.

Comment

I'm gonna go with Ali. I know he's been dead a while but I think he still takes it. Fking Cotto always looking for some advantage and picking on the weak.

Comment

Pretty sad way for Cotto to go out.

Comment

coto couldn't find a bummed leg opponent. He tried his best with marquez but couldn't get it. but at least he is still making his opponent move up in weight to fight him. guess since he couldn't get marquez to do both, he had to have his opponent at least do one

Comment

Why bother even fighting? I enjoyed Cotto, but I won't be tuning into this disaster. Definitely would've watched the Mikey Garcia fight though. Also, would've watched Kell Brook for sure. Lots of other JMW's I would've watched. Nobody wanted the Kamegai fight (but allowed it b/c the layoff and his loss)...now this? Ali? Who? There's like 10 more deserving MW's...Lara, Andrade, Charlo, Julian Williams, Liam Smith...

Sadam Ali isn't even a Top 20 WELTERWEIGHT...let alone a JMW. 0% chance I tune in. Hell I won't even read the post-fight summary.

I'd rather watch Rigo spar Lara for an hour lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                coto couldn't find a bummed leg opponent. He tried his best with marquez but couldn't get it. but at least he is still making his opponent move up in weight to fight him. guess since he couldn't get marquez to do both, he had to have his opponent at least do one
                There's a lot of truth in this post.

Comment

Is it wrong to hope Cotto loses this one?

Comment

War Ali! That's all I have to say lol, this is actually much worse than Mayweather vs Berto.

Comment

So they are going to dig up Muhammad Ali?

Comment

Working...
                      X