Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Black Boxers Have A Genetic Advantage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
    100% believe this..

I was definitely exaggerating.. building the infrastructure to support the massive new talent pool alone would take decades (amateur academies, college programs, etc) let alone actually seeing the results on the "pitch."

My favorite sports are bball and boxing, so I sometimes day dream about how athletes in one sport would do another. Actually... that's a pretty good thread idea..
    Yeah, and i'd imagine the average kid there who is pretty decent at basketball is probably much more talented at it than our best players for the most part. It's just really down to culture. Most kids here in the UK are kicking a ball from the time they're like 3 or 4 years old, but ask your average kid here to throw a basketball through the hoop and they will be pretty bad at it.

Obviously there's plenty of exceptions though. the USA soccer team are actually not that bad at all, they play well as a team despite never producing any world class individual players, but then i think team spirit is one of America's strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
      OP wasn't really race baiting but made a salient point about how slavery has lead to blacks' superior athletic abilities. Logically, it made sense. If it had been reversed and whites were bred and put through a similar bottlenecking event, I can imagine they would be dominating too. And if you think the only difference between Lebron James and Tom Brady is the amount of melanin in their skin, I would suggest you do some research on the internet.
      Salient?! Salient. Okay. I take you at your word.
      Use logic. Please. It works.
      When you are informed (i.e. “research on the internet”), comparing Tom Brady to LeBron makes little sense for the point you’re trying to make. I do understand that it makes sense to a moron. I’m certain of that.
      But I could make the same rhetorical move and ask you to compare LeBron to Andre the Giant. Humans of all skin colors have been enslaved throughout human history. Did Cambodians have it better or worse under pol pot than did Africans shipped to the Carribean?
      Instead of continuing to cling to racial categorizations—and therefore racist—how do you not see this? Try.
      In return, I’ve tried to understand your argument; I find it silly, but I do understand it. In fact, I used to hold it.
      Read Malcolm X toward the end of his life. He came to understand that identifying a person by his race, makes as much sense as categorizing them by height or eye color or whatever. “Black” was such an arbitrary categorization. And it was imposed by its white oppressors. He discovered this by observing human suffering all over the world on his travels.

So, why the hot fuss?
      These racist labels need to be met with opposition by someone on here, as opposed to the same, old “blacks, no whites, no blacks, uh-uh, etc...”.
      You can be unintentionally racist. It’s okay. It doesn’t make you a bad person.
      Don’t be an idiot though, and double-down on the wrong side of history after hearing a logical argument against the very premise of this thread (blacks vs whites, a tale as old as time).
      You came to OTs rescue, within 2 minutes of my post. I know that race triggers you. It’s pretty obvious. You can join us on the other side whenever you want. This whole cultural shift will be a lot easier when otherwise smart people will quit trying to be right when they’re not. This is not an ideological disagreement. It’s a biological one. Have you seen Ethiopians? They’re black? Right? Are Nicaraguans black? Some are darker than many blacks over here. But wait. Is ***** black? His mom was as white as ive seen. I’m confused. It’s just so hard gobbling up all this race bait. It’s hard to keep up.
      Don’t compare human suffering. That’s a first principle.
      And go travel around Scandinavian countries, and deep into ****** to find massive “white” men to give you a nice & fair comparison to your king James. In fact, I’ll save you the brain power. Google image Vitali Klitschko next to LeBron in your head. That shows you an immediate flaw in your reasoning.
      It’s by no means the beginning of my best refutation to whatever (again, unintentionally racist) nonsense you’re about to spout.

And this comes from a mere STEM hobbyist.
      Anyway, as you were.
      Last edited by nveleven; 10-07-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

slavery? no, black people had to evolve a certain way to survive the climates of Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          The average kid on the street in the UK, probably around 13-14 years old is way better than the college players we met in USA.
          It's funny you say that because England is winless in two tries against the US in the World Cup. US won in 1950 and drew in 2010. What does that say about English soccer?

Comment

Lol blk people don’t like to work.

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
              Use logic. Please. It works.
              When you are informed (“research on the internet”
              Comparing Tom Brady to LeBron makes a lot of sense to a moron. I’m certain of that.
              But I could make the same rhetorical move and ask you to compare LeBron to Andre the Giant. Humans of all skin colors have been enslaved throughout human history. Did Cambodians have it better or worse under pol pot than did Africans shipped to the Carribean?
              Instead of continuing to cling to racial (and therefore racist—how do you not see this? Try. I’m trying to understand your argument. I find it silly. But I do understand it. I used to hold it. Read Malcolm X toward the end of his life. He came to understand that identifying a person by his race, makes as much sense as categorizing them by height or eye color or whatever. “Black” was such an arbitrary categorization. And it was imposed by its white oppressors. He discovered this by observing human suffering all over the world on his travels.

So, why the hot fuss?
              These racist labels need to be met with opposition by someone on here, as opposed to the same, old “blacks, no whites, no blacks, uh-uh, etc...”.
              You can be unintentionally racist. It’s okay. It doesn’t make you a bad person.
              Don’t be an idiot though, and double-down on the wrong side of history after hearing a logical argument against the very premise of this thread (blacks vs whites, a tale as old as time).
              You came to OTs rescue, within 2 minutes of my post. I know that race triggers you. It’s pretty obvious. You can join us on the other side whenever you want. This whole cultural shift will be a lot easier when otherwise smart people will quit trying to be right when they’re not.
              Don’t compare human suffering. That’s a first principle.
              And go travel around Scandinavian countries, and deep into ****** to find massive “white” men to give you a nice & fair comparison to your king James. In fact, I’ll save you the brain power. Google image Vitali Klitschko next to LeBron in your head. That shows you an immediate flaw in your reasoning.
              It’s by no means the beginning of my best refutation to whatever (again, unintentionally racist) nonsense you’re about to spout.

And this comes from a mere STEM hobbyist.
              Anyway, as you were.
              LOL, google "projection"

Is the thread "racist"? Maybe. But, only in the sense that it will inevitably beget racist responses on this forum. But, what OP actually said wasn't very racist at all, but a reality everyone in the US seems to acknowledge but "informed" SJW's. I never once said blacks' athletic accomplishments are tarnished because of slavery. So, what are you on about, dude? Why does the mere mention of race require you to come on here and insult people who weren't even saying anything racist?

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                I'm talking about physical attributes. I ask this because I was listening to Patrice O Neal (RIP) who said ****** were bred for strength and were paired ***ually with physically superior partners. Also, only the fittest survived the journey from Africa. He concludes that's why black athletes tend to dominate sports. This isn't conjecture either, there's a slave owners handbook that gives slaveowners tips on breaking ****** physically and mentally:

https://www.africaresource.com/index...can&Itemid=346

I can't but help think this has resulted in American black boxers being physically superior to their African and European boxer counterparts and most likely why Wilder beats AJ.

Not this dumb **** again.

Eastern Europeans were enslaved longer than American Blacks.

The word 'slave' is derived from the world 'slav'....as in Eastern European slavs.

Comment

Good post. Good points. I don't ever get involved in race threads but I am 32 and have experienced many types of athletes and friends from all ethnicities.

I have found as a general rule, black folks tend to make much better all around athletes. It seems their bodies are built superior in many cases. I'm a white guy and I've never had fun playing basketball with black guys, or racing on foot. Lol

I've always known them to be faster with better endurance. Just my opinion.

Comment

Genetics doesnt have anything to with it. As with most things in life is economics. It's a lot cheaper to get into boxing than most other sports. The one thing boxers of all colors and nationalities have in common is their economic status. They're usually from lower or somewhat middle class families.

Comment

I think black boxers have the attributes they need judging by the success they have always had. I don't know if American boxers have any advantage over over African black boxers. Lots of black boxers from all parts of the world are terrific boxers. The black boxers from Cuba are exceptional. When comparing AJ to Wilder I just go by what I see in the ring and not that Wilder is an American black boxer. I think AJ will win. It would be hard to be any stronger than AJ. He has better, straighter punches than Wilder and good speed and coordination in the ring where it matters if not on the basketball court where it doesn't matter for a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X