Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most blatant case of referee helping out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about...

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      What is the most blatant incident of a referee helping another boxer out?

From the top of my head:

1) Terry O'connor carrying cleverly to the corner lol.
      First one that came into my head - following the "is that the bell to end the round? I wasn't stopping the fight, honest."

Horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        The butthurt LOL

QUITvalev didn't want that work EZ.

2-0 bai
        The last shot that ended the fight was low as hell. Kovalev should've been given 5 minutes to recover.

Comment

andre wards career

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            The last shot that ended the fight was low as hell. Kovalev should've been given 5 minutes to recover.
            all 3 were low, another shot before the right hand was low, anotehr shot in the 7th was low. ward was losing the fight and decided to go dirty i just dont know why weeks allowed him to keep throwign low blows. corruption is the only reasonable option. he should have been dq'd or at best deducted points and kov should hae been given a rest all those times but instead weeks said keep fighting and then stopped it after the low blows? that should have ended his career right there as a ref but in boxing you fail upwards
            Last edited by daggum; 10-06-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Floyd clinches any time Maidana gets inside and Kenny immediately separates them to give Floyd distance and room to run. Maidana has to regain ground and work his way back to the inside chasing Floyd. This went on for the entire fight. Even Bernstein at ringside comments on how Bayless was breaking clinches that hadn't even happened yet. He also penalized Maidana for pushing Floyd down when in fact he did not push him down.

Good video that shows all of Floyd's clinches and Bayless offering protecting. Followed by a thorough synapses by Brian Kenny. Good read. He also mentions the Cortez bias in Hatton/Floyd.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...dvantage-money
              No. Maidana didn't initiate any of those clinches. Not one. right?

How about you stop being biased and check out what Maidana is doing in the video. You will see that Maidana initiated more than enough on his side, and some also looked like mutual clinching.

But I don't expect you to admit that. As was already pointed out, you're one of the most biased posters here. The more you post, the more you expose yourself.

You didn't bring up Klitschko clinching. Nah. You didn't bring up the Maidana / Devon Alexander fight, where there was allegedly over 100 clinches. Nah. And that's the thing. The clinching against Maidana has to do a lot with his style of fighting. When he decides he can't stay on the outside, he has to go in and his wild style initiates a lot of clinches.

Contrast that to the Broner fight. Not many clinches at all, right? If I remember correctly, Broner was even criticized for not knowing how to clinch. In that particular fight, Broner either showed he didn't know how or when to clinch, or showed that he simply didn't want to. Go back and look. When Maidana does move forward and a clinch occurs, it is MAIDANA who initiates the clinch, and we often see Broner pushing him back or clearly agitated with the clinch and trying desperately to get his arms loose. That right there should tell you that Maidana not only forces fighters to clinch, which is smart on their part, but he also initiates a good amount of clinches himself, most likely to prevent the fighter from moving away.
              Last edited by travestyny; 10-06-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                3 things

1 - Sitting on the ropes is considered a KD so there should've been given an 8 count at the very least. Also, the shot being low had to do with QUITvalev sitting and bending over.

2 - I would agree if QUITVALEV wasn't turning his back on Ward and crying to the ref for belt level body shots in the previous rounds. His whole expression stunk "I don't want to be here".

3 - The whole reason CRYvalev was even BENT OVER on the ropes was from THIS RIGHT HAND to the JAW - no belt line involved.

The biggest crime of the fight was the ending because Kovalev was D O N E. The ref did WARD a disservice by not giving the standing 8 count or even some time (up to 5 min) for Kovy to get it together. Now, instead of praising Ward, whiners whine that it was Ward's fault.

Ward beat the bully fair and square and those last body shots had zero to do with the outcome. The legal right to the JAW SEALED it. Ref ruined an incredible victory

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  What is the most blatant incident of a referee helping another boxer out?

From the top of my head:

1) Terry O'connor carrying cleverly to the corner lol.
                  2) Mustache guy allowing briedis to clinch every second of a round and always getting in perez face.
                  3) Mares allowed to lowblow agbeko in every exchange.
                  Gonzalez vs coggi

Comment

3 things

1 - Sitting on the ropes is considered a KD so there should've been given an 8 count at the very least. Also, the shot being low had to do with QUITvalev sitting and bending over.

2 - I would agree if QUITVALEV wasn't turning his back on Ward and crying to the ref for belt level body shots in the previous rounds. His whole expression stunk "I don't want to be here".

3 - The whole reason CRYvalev was even BENT OVER on the ropes was from THIS RIGHT HAND to the JAW - no belt line involved.

The biggest crime of the fight was the ending because Kovalev was D O N E. The ref did WARD a disservice by not giving the standing 8 count or even some time (up to 5 min) for Kovy to get it together. Now, instead of praising Ward, whiners whine that it was Ward's fault.

Ward beat the bully fair and square and those last body shots had zero to do with the outcome. The legal right to the JAW SEALED it. Ref ruined an incredible victory
                    you are so full of sh-it it must be coming out your mouth. kovalev sat on the ropes because of the right hand that happened 30 seconds before and not the 3 low blows that just hit him? why make up such nonsense. that crap might work on cluesless fans who you are talking to on the street but we have seen the fight!

Comment

3 things

1. kovalev sat on the ropes because of clear low blows that hit him. thats not a knockdown...you cant foul a guy and get a knockdown based on his reaction to your fouls.

2. kovalev turned his back after a clear low blow before those shots landed. you of cours missed it because you are a fanboy. just go to 2:45 of this video for proof of the low blow

his expression stunk of "i dont want to be low blowed" but you being the biased piece of crap you are think low blows shold be legal since you are such a cuck

3. he bent over from a punch that hit him 30 seconds before? makes no sense. he got hit with low blows thats why he sat on the ropes. heres more proof they were low.

everything you said was wrong. the last low blows(you called them body shots which shows how biased and off you are even though we have video showing they are low) that stopped the fight had zero outcome on the fight? makes zero sense. cong**** on such a sh-it post. you defend corrupion and cheating because you like a guy so much? you dont even personally benefit at all. it makes you happy seeing someone else cheat and get away with it wtf?if thats not a cuck i dont know what is.
                      Last edited by daggum; 10-06-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X