Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Stiverne Rematch Ordered By WBC, Luis Ortiz is Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Wilder wants to face Ortiz, and he has any half credible excuse, than the WBC should not do this a mere month before the fight! It's just too disruptive to Wilder's career. There was never a real justification for Stieverne getting another mandatory shot anyway. At least say Wilder can fight Ortiz as a voluntary, forcing him to cancel that fight a mere month out does not make Steiverne happen any faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
      If Wilder wants to face Ortiz, and he has any half credible excuse, than the WBC should not do this a mere month before the fight! It's just too disruptive to Wilder's career. There was never a real justification for Stieverne getting another mandatory shot anyway. At least say Wilder can fight Ortiz as a voluntary, forcing him to cancel that fight a mere month out does not make Steiverne happen any faster.
      Than if he wins Ortiz just won the belt the WBC just just said he can't fight for in the first place.
      Maybe a 10 round non-title fight.

Comment

I've been a massive Wilder detractor for a while, and the criticisms I've had up until this point still stand - Luis Ortiz failing this test does not re-write Wilder's path so far.

But in this case, it is all on Ortiz. What a ****ing idiot. He FINALLY got the big break he was looking for - no more boogeyman, put up or shut up time. And he blew it.

Comment

Wilder vs Stiverne 2 fight won't be different from their first fight.

Comment

Ortiz fkd himself out of the fight, out of the options to save the fight night this isn't the worst option.

Comment

same result...wont bother with this one

Comment

Guess I won't be watching. It won't be any different than the first.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  this was the plan all along. ****ing naive if you think otherwise.
                  it did seem that way until ortiz admitted he didnt disclose what he was taking.

so when is wilder fighting stiverne?

Comment

lol...Not even watching this garbage

Comment

Not surprising. Not sure why they even made us wait on this predictable call once Ortiz came up dirty.

Curious now what sorta punishment Ortiz receives from the WBC and outside of he abc group which I imagine will be lil to none.

Bermane made out like a bandit if he got his step aside money up front. Doubt he did, but you never know.

As a fan I got lil excitement for this rematch, but I suppose for the Wilder narrative getting a chance to KO the one opponent you didn't KO isn't a bad angle for this fight and being able to potentially sell Wilder as the guy who's KO'd every opponent isn't a bad tag going into the Joshua fight when Joshua gots the same tag.

Comment

Working...
                      X