Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG's Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mayweather fight will never happen. Mayweather turned down GGG's challenge years ago when GGG offered to fight him at 154 for Mayweather's belts. Mayweather wouldn't go above 152 to fight Canelo years ago. Mayweather's last two risk free fights were against Berto and Conor. Mayweather treasures his 0 and he won't risk it against GGG. No way in hell will Mayweather return to try to school GGG. You are the one who is naive for believing he will. Mayweather looked like garbage against Conor. If he didn't fight better than that he wouldn't last a round with either Canelo or GGG. He was slow and sloppy and came from behind to beat an MMA guy FFS. Mayweather was great. At 40 years old he is no longer great and it showed. GGG has a good legacy now and if he beats Canelo it will be better. Leave Mayweather out of it because he will NEVER share a ring with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Hatton was prime and elite

Judah was prime and elite

Corrales was prime and elite

Manny was younger then Floyd and still p4p

Canelo was 13 years younger and p4p

im wondering why you are asking me this because i said GGG is not elite..HE ISNT!!! he has 0 p4p fighters on his resume 0 hall of fame fighters on his resume..sorry but why are we even discussing Floyd?
      you still dancing huh...i said prime, elite all-time great fighters...

manny would have been your guy but he was way past prime so no he don't count...

hatton, corrales, and judah....judah? you gotta be shi**in me...show me where these guys rank on an alltime p4p list...canelo is an all-time great?

answer the question STRAIGHT...

give me 1 guy floyd beat that is a prime elite all-time great fighter...

let me help you out...

pernell has a slightly past prime jcc who never lost
      sugar has hearns...
      duran has sugar...
      roy has toney and hopkins...
      bernard has tito
      hell even oscar has a slightly past prime pernell whitaker who had never been sparked out before...

who is floyd's guy?

I'm waiting...
      Last edited by djtmal; 10-03-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
        But every fighter's career will still be looked at and remembered a certain way, and I'm just wondering how Golovkin will be seen if he defeats Canelo, Mayweather, and maybe even Andre Ward back to back in his next three fights.
        They will but do we personally care if we got paid after putting in a week's worth of half @zz effort in the office? It's really no different and it mirrors other sports. You see guys putting in major work and land a huge contract and two years later you are like wtf is up with him, he fell off hard. Money and comfort are things that change the way we look and do things.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          What it really means is that he would be weight drained at 154 and only the paychecks of a fight with Floyd would justify the risk of a lose. Something that he has said in numerous interviews. That Floyd is a special case and he would be willing to drop weight for him.
          He was saying in reality that he didn't want the fight.

No way he was getting a "one off" with Floyd with so many more lucrative, better name fights out there.

He could have forced the issue with one fight at 154 against a legit number 1. And they would have obviously taken the fight with Gennady because he'd be money for them- Lara was screaming for a fight for years.

He beats Lara at 154 and how could Floyd conceivably stop the media from talking about a showdown?

Like I said, it was all lip service. Golovkin was never serious about that fight. All he had to do is actually follow his 154-168 hype, just that once.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            you still dancing huh...i said prime, elite all-time great fighters...

manny would have been your guy but he was way past prime so no he don't count...

hatton, corrales, and judah....judah? you gotta be shi**in me...show me where these guys rank on an alltime p4p list...canelo is an all-time great?

answer the question STRAIGHT...

give me 1 guy floyd beat that is a prime elite all-time great fighter...

let me help you out...

pernell has a slightly past prime jcc who never lost
            sugar has hearns...
            duran has sugar...
            roy has toney and hopkins...
            bernard has tito
            hell even oscar has a slightly past prime pernell whitaker who had never been sparked out before...

who is floyd's guy?

I'm waiting...
            tito wasn't prime for hopkins and if canelo wasn't prime for floyd, hopkins wasnt prime for roy. And your favorite fighter has zero prime atg wins on his resume. At least be consistent while you hate.
            Last edited by Xi_; 10-03-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Hatton was prime and elite

Judah was prime and elite

Corrales was prime and elite

Manny was younger then Floyd and still p4p

Canelo was 13 years younger and p4p

im wondering why you are asking me this because i said GGG is not elite..HE ISNT!!! he has 0 p4p fighters on his resume 0 hall of fame fighters on his resume..sorry but why are we even discussing Floyd?
              All false.

Hatton was neither prime nor elite. He was crap above 140 and got a gift against Collazo. His performances had already gone to ***** by then.

Judah was coming off a loss to Carlos Baldomir. BALDOMIR. Judah wasn't an elite fighter at this stage in his career.

Corrales was good, but that win is massively overrated. He's not the pound for pound behemoth Floyd fans try to say.

So what if Manny was younger. Fighters peak differently. Tyson was younger than Lewis. Pacquaio was washed up - he was killed by Marquez and looked like crap in all the fights after that. If he was p4p it was on name only.

Canelo wasn't a pound for pound player. He'd fought Austin Trout only at that point. Are you suggesting 23 year old Canelo was more proven than GGG is today? (yes, you are).

Floyd's got a good collection overall but nothing that stands out. It's too convenient that all his elite name opponents were all far past it when he fought them. And stop lying that he was a unified champ. He never held more than 2 belts in a division at one time. I already exposed that lie and took you to school on it and you never thanked me for passing on my wisdom and helping teach you boxing knowledge.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 10-03-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                GGG said he'd be willing and able to go to 154 for Mayweather, and that he'd be the only person he'd drop to that weight for.
                You clowns complained that Saul was drained when he dropped just two pounds for Floyd, I dare not think what kind of excuses what spill from your lips if Mayweather schooled GGG at 154.

Comment

lol..like it or not, he's elite now, and he has an elite guy on his resume...

i see you trying to take a total s**t on a guy who is still active, trying to forge a legacy with whats out there...

don't get too high on your floyd horse...that overrated resume can get s***ted on as well...

Comment

I will give his resume that ****s all over GGG's and every other active fighter easily

Pacquiao
                    Mosley
                    Oscar
                    Hatton
                    Corrales
                    Castillo
                    Judah
                    Cotto
                    Canelo
                    Marquez
                    Hernendez

5 weight champ
                    4 weight lineal champ
                    12 time world champ
                    NO VACANT TITLES WON

why the **** would you even try to compare this to GGG?
                    Pac- 5 years past prime
                    Mosley- past prime see how floyd woulda dealt with 09 mosley who killed margherito it wouldnt happen.
                    Hatton- other then a past prime tzu who did he beat?
                    Oscar- again past prime
                    Corrales- was a good win thats 1
                    Castillo- arguably won the first fight floyd won second time round
                    Judah- already chicken danced at the hands of kostya
                    Cotto- again past prime floyd shat his pants from 2006-2010 from Cotto took til 2013 to fight him
                    Canelo- one dimensional 22 year old at the time nowhere near prime or the version ggg fought
                    Marquez- coming up in weight and past prime at the time of the fight
                    Hernandez- not really a worldbeater is he. So how many in prime on form boxers did floyd beat? Ortiz,guerrero,berto,baldomir? Atleast golovkin went over to the uk to fight a prime brook when did mayweather leave the states of fight anywhere he couldnt control every stipulation from gloves to usada etc

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                      tito wasn't prime for hopkins and if canelo wasn't prime for floyd, hopkins wasnt prime for roy. And your favorite fighter has zero prime atg wins on his resume. At least be consistent while you hate.
                      gtfoh...hopkins beat not only a prime tito, but an undefeated one as well who had demolished joppy prior...tito is at least top 50-75 atg...wtf you smoking...

and it don't make a difference whether canelo was prime or not for floyd, atg he most certainly ain't...

if you gonna try to save your boy floyd, at least come with some better s**t than that...

Comment

Working...
                      X