Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the current poster boy of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the current poster boy of Boxing?

Who's the face of boxing now?

UFC has McGregor
    WWE has Reigns
    NBA has LeBron
    NFL has Brady

Now that Mayweather has retired. Who's boxing's current poster boy?

Canelo?

Create a poll, give us options.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Canelo?

Create a poll, give us options.
      Poll will only limit people.
      Comment who you think, and elaborate why.

Comment

I would personally say Anthony Joshua.

After the Mayweather era, in which people within boxing loved to hate him, his non casual friendly style, the "Money" persona in which he played the heel role to maximise earnings, etc. I think that Anthony Joshua is the poster boy that not everybody wants, but the one the sport of boxing NEEDS.

Dude is a heavyweight, he's mind mannered, well spoken, articulate. He remains disciplined, has a clean cut image, doesn't use the whole brash, c0cky black guy angle, etc. He may not give controversial sound bytes, and may come across as "bland" to some, but dude is like apple pie - wholesome, and we need a wholesome boxing focal point.
        Last edited by P.K Dionysus; 10-03-2017, 03:57 AM. Reason: Censored "c0cky", lol.

Comment

Joshua at the moment easily. If Terence Crawford had a personality he could be a superstar and the closest thing to the next Mayweather. Canelo not that well known by the casuals. Americans will have to hope that Shakur Stevenson keeps bringing the goods, he has the best chance at super-stardom in the future

Comment

Anthony Joshua easily followed by canelo.

Comment

casuals in america have no idea who AJ is.

probably canelo. hes gotten a ton of exposure.

Comment

America- Canelo
                Most of the rest of the world- AJ

America is the biggest and richest bozing market though, so Canelo is making the most cash. I just think if you showed a picture of the two fighters to everyone on the planet, AJ would be more recognizable

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  America- Canelo
                  Most of the rest of the world- AJ

America is the biggest and richest bozing market though, so Canelo is making the most cash. I just think if you showed a picture of the two fighters to everyone on the planet, AJ would be more recognizable
                  This^^^^^^^

Comment

Right now I would say there isn't one, not really to the extent that Pacquiao and Mayweather where up until recently. I feel as though in another year or so it could be AJ, but again, probably not to that extent.

I feel as though a large part of the boxing world wants it to be Canelo so badly, but he just isn't. It feels forced.

Comment

Working...
                    X