Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, who has the better resume - Crawford or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year ago it was Crawford, no debate

Now GGG has added two legit names.. so you could pick GGG now
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-30-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
      I don't think it's that clear. Bud is an amazing fighter and made solid guys like Indongo and Postol look totally useless.

But I just think it's interesting that after years of saying GGG was a hypejob because he faced no-one, it's actually interesting that he may have a better resume than the top dog.

So that means Bud is number 1 because of the eye test - which wasn't the way these guys would ever allow GGG to be judged.

I mean, even something like the Gamboa win - isn't that more or less the same as Kell Brook?
      No because Gamboa had fought at world level at 135 lbs. Brook had no experience at 160 lbs let alone world level experience.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        I have never said CRAWFORD WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD..I LITERALLY NEVER EVEN POST ABOUT HIM

THE RESUMES ARE ABOUT EVEN IMO WITH CRAWFORD BEATING MORE CURRENT CHAMPS THO IN 2 DIVISIONS..MY VOTE GOES TO CRAWFORD
        So, you don't think Crawford is the p4p king? Who is?

If you think their resumes are about even......then surely Crawford is as big a hype-job as you think Golovkin is?

Comment

I think Crawford is great. He has won all his fights by a good amount and has fought everyone he should have fought and beat them all. I think GGG is great. I think he clearly beat Jacobs and Canelo although those fights were reasonable close fights. I give GGG the edge because he has been a pro longer and a champion longer and made more title defenses.

Comment

When all the good things said about GGG and Crawford are true then it isn't really hype. It's just the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              No because Gamboa had fought at world level at 135 lbs. Brook had no experience at 160 lbs let alone world level experience.
              I just checked on Boxrec. Unless I am missing something, he only fought once at lightweight before fighting Bud? And his biggest fights - Salido and Mtagwa - were at featherweight?

Comment

I just checked on Boxrec. Unless I am missing something, he only fought once at lightweight before fighting Bud? And his biggest fights - Salido and Mtagwa - were at featherweight?
                Like I said he had world level experience at 135 lbs unlike Brook at 160 lbs so it's not the same. If Gamboa was still champ at 126 lbs and hadn't fought at 135 when he moved up to fight Crawford then that would be comparable to Brook-GGG
                Last edited by Caught Square; 09-30-2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Like I said he had world level experience at 135 lbs unlike Brook at 160 lbs.
                  C'mon bro. One fight?

Against Darlys Perez?

Gamboa spent his career gets knocked down at FW and SFW. Is he really that much better than Brook?

Comment

C'mon bro. One fight?

Against Darlys Perez?

Gamboa spent his career gets knocked down at FW and SFW. Is he really that much better than Brook?
                    Crawford's win over Gamboa gets dismissed by revisionists but at the time plenty of people thought Gamboa would beat him. Everyone knew what weight it was at before the fight.

Kell Brook was a reigning champion at 147 lbs with no fights at all at 160 lbs, it's clearly not the same lol. Still to this day we don't know how he will fare at 154 lbs.

Comment

People speak of Jacobs like he was something big before he fought GGG. But he wasn't, and if he was knocked out by GGG or dominated, nobody would say that he is better than postol or Diaz.

But that said, maybe GGG fought better competition, but he didn't dominated the way Crawford always does. Whats the point to have Mayweather on your resume if you lost that fight clearly?

Comment

Working...
                      X