Letīs be honest. GGG is washed up, totally past his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    35 years and nearly 400 fights counting amateur and professional

No wonder heīs thinking about retirement, fighting and training so much for so long takes a huge toll in the human body and mind

even if GGG is a special human being, hardest mw puncher ever, greatest mw chin ever, arguably the greatest mw ever h2h, period. he is still a human being.

Heīs been on a steady decline for a while, it was obvious in the Brook fight, and gets more obvious with each new fight

Prime GGG, the one who destroyed Prokza (aka the polish Sergio Martinez) would have brutally koīd both Jacobs and Canelo for sure

but that GGG is gone

GGG can still do great things because he is that good, thatīs the way legendary fighters are. but keep in mind, any future achievements, any new victories by current GGG, they are being accomplished by a shadow of his former self.

Prolska was NEVER on Martinez' level....not saying Martinez was all that.

GG is not legendary
    Legendary fighters do legendary things.

GG hasn't done ANYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Naw, he always had the limitations. Some of you just couldn't see them.

Comment

What you mean when he fough c level competition he was allowing himself to get hit on purpose, but now that A level opponents are hitting him he is washed up. I don't see much difference in decline. He's still a top guy in his weight class but he was or is never a great.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
          LOL. I see no difference in this dude's game. He's just fighting people who can exploit him now. He's been overrated for a while now. He's a good fighter, but not the world destroyer he's made out to be. He fought sub-par competition for years.
          exactly...they tried to make him bigger then he really was..He is good but he isnt great

Comment

He clearly has declined. It's alright saying his level of opposition has gone up, and that is also true but it's very evident that he has slowed down. His punches no longer have the same snap in them and his footwork has slowed down, you can see it in training and fights, that's not down to opposition level. That said, he did beat a prime Canelo. So imagine a prime GGG v a prime Canelo? it wouldn't even be close.

Even so, what fighter really continues knocking guys out like it's nothing when they're facing top level fighters? nobody does, the KO'd become less frequent, history tells us that. So if anyone wants to knock GGG and say he was overhyped because he hasn't been knocking out top fighters, well then that applies to pretty much every fighter including ATG's. Even if he's winning decisions against Jacobs and being robbed v Canelo, it doesn't mean he isn't an excellent fighter.

GGG really is an elite fighter that had been avoided by guys for some time and it's very clear why when a prime Canelo who is supposedly the new face of boxing can't even beat a faded GGG.
            Last edited by TheBigLug; 09-30-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Given that speed and athleticism have never been his strengths, I thought his ability would go well into his mid to late 30's but it looks like i am wrong.

Still, beating the two best boxers in your division, who are a lot younger than yourself is a good achievement if strength alone is his only good attribute, and has terrible defense (as the haters like to say).

His best years are certainly behind him and EVERY opponent moving forward is going to be on their bike with him chasing them around the ring. For this reason, because of his future opponents obvious game plan, i am a less excited about his upcoming fights.

If someone actually wants to fight him instead of run from him, then the excitement is guaranteed.

Comment

he doesnt look 'washed up' to me at all. i thought he looked really good last fight and most people outside of this forum seem to think the same.

Comment

He looked fine to me in his last fight.

Comment

and jesus christ just reading these comments now, what the hell are you guys on about, you'd have thought golovkin just got knocked out or something 'he always had limitations, he was never great' he just (in almost everyones eyes) beat the guy you all said was going to outbox/school him at age of 35 lol. Hes top of many pound for pound lists for that exact reason. so why are your expectations so damn high for this guy? He gotta knock every fighter out in one round or something? every fighter in history has had tough fights, floyd seriousyl struggled against maidana and castillo, was he 'exposed'? Why are you guys so threatened by golovkin?? Theres basically nothing to dislike about him but all you guys do is ***** and moan and whine like a bunch of schoolgirls.

Comment

/thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X