• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suup View Post
    I like the source you've provided.
    www.espn.com/boxing on espn deportes.

Comment

Sht.... I forgot about Andre Ward during his time off due to court issues.

I don't like him but he gained my respect during the first Kov fight, getting knocked down and rallying back even though I think he lost.

I'm not happy how his 2nd fight with Kov ended but he was on his way of winning anyway.

Even though I was never a fan of his, I still wished he hadn't retired as I was starting to appreciate him after his Kov wins.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Interesting comment. Considering Ward is supposed to be the 2nd best ever and a huge draw but the great Julio Cesar Chavez SR who once got a draw moving up to welterweight against Pernell Whitaker (in a fight he says he deserved to win) said nobody will remember him.

Chavez' opinion was used as gospel recently, so it's interesting to see how people view this.
        2nd best ever what lol?

JCC Sr is rught. Ward fought dirty and was a bítch most of his career. Making a big deal about moving up ONE DIVISION and fighting an untested guy he knew he could beat.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          ....daaaamn jcc sr don't be so mean....

but hold up...andre ward is the second best ever what?, and a huge draw where?
          Hhsha exactly. People make up "facts" and "statistics" just to refute them.

Comment

Can you put the source of the words that said Chavez?

Comment

In some ways he's probably right. In the future when people talk about this era, Ward will be a footnote, but then people will probably remember just how good he was. He won't be a name that springs to mind when people talk about his era though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                In some ways he's probably right. In the future when people talk about this era, Ward will be a footnote, but then people will probably remember just how good he was. He won't be a name that springs to mind when people talk about his era though.
                he might be the joe calzaghe of this era

Comment

I'll take Who is Andre Ward for 500..

All kidding aside, he is an undefeated champion, and honestly a wasted talent! He could have easily gone after the top 175ers and beat them all and cement his legacy. I kind of agree with JCC SR because he doesn't have too many memorable fights and he didn't dare to be great, which could have been.

Now if he comes back, fights and stops a heavyweight champ, like Roy Jones did, then that would put him up there. Otherwise 10 years from now, he will be "Andre Ward who? Oooh low blow champ!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    no they won't because they will watch his fights and be like "wtf is this shi-t?"

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      2nd best ever what lol?

JCC Sr is rught. Ward fought dirty and was a bítch most of his career. Making a big deal about moving up ONE DIVISION and fighting an untested guy he knew he could beat.
                      he only knew he could beat him because all eh had to do was survive to win and he did that congrats but he obv lost. then in the rematch he was losing again so he staretd throwing nonstop low blows and the ref....well we know what happened. fraudulent career and fighter. from the olympics to his last fight. just nonstop cheating and manipulation to "win"

Comment

Working...
                      X