Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do the soviet bloc boxers usually have better jabs than American boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kova ggg not great inside fighters so need the jab

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
      Me too. Obviously the old boxers were legends and there's a lot that can be learned from them, but the sport moved on.

I think this nostalgia in boxing community really hurts the sport as it prevents people from appreciating what we have right now.

I also think that part of the reason for this romanticism of the past champions is because internet didn't exist back then and those old greats didn't have that many haters and detractors posting negative opinions about them everyday. These days pretty much any elite boxer gets underrated by the legion of online haters, people on the internet are generally very negative and rarely give any credit to anyone. Any ATG from the 90s until today has a ton of haters who constantly post negative things... Floyd, Klitschko's, RJJ, Pacquiao, Marquez, Ward, Hopkins... You name them. They all have much more haters in the so-called hardcore boxing community than the guys from the 60s and 70s.
      of course, the newer generation of boxers can learn from past era boxers the same way new scientists can learn from past scientists. However, the athletes in virtually every sport, not just in boxing have advanced and evolved from before. Meaning, that the boxers today have advantages over past era boxers which past era boxers didn't have in terms of tactics, athleticism, strategies and etc. due to further developments of the sport in many departments.

It's a shame and this applies to not just boxing but other sports and other fields as well. People don't usually live in the present moment. Instead, they dwell on the past too much. They only appreciate something after it's no longer around anymore. As they say: absence makes the heart grow fonder. Hence, Wladimir Klitschko I believe will be more appreciated after a few more years post his retirement. This also applied in the past too. Fans didn't appreciate boxers of their time as much as past boxers, until the boxers they were watching during their time also retired for a few years. Again, this is caused by the general inability to live in the present moment of the civilians today. Perhaps it takes time to appreciate new things because it takes time to understand those new things sufficiently enough? or it could be because of lack of open mindedness This is why it is important to learn how to appreciate what is present before it's too late and regrets start. pouring over. Narrow Mindedness is the worst in my opinion because those individuals aren't even willing to accept something to be of a specific quality, even if it is. Whilst lack of understanding can be fixed.

Anyway, the main point is that very few individuals who are nostalgic over past boxers or things compared to the modern boxers / things are actually objective in their conclusions. It's usually based more on emotion rather than rationality or objectivity. So the level of objectivity has to be usually questioned!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
        In what way? What do you mean? Have you got anything specific to state in response to this thread?
        Yeah. You haven't really thought this process out. We have to see if you have an agenda or if you're truly serious because boxing has had many good jabbers thoughout boxing history that you've forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          Yeah. You haven't really thought this process out. We have to see if you have an agenda or if you're truly serious because boxing has had many good jabbers thoughout boxing history that you've forgotten about.
          I have thought this out and I am familiar with most American boxers. None of them jab with anywhere near the effectiveness of Wladimir Klitschko's jabs. No American boxer in history that I know of has a jab that is anywhere near as good as Wladimir Klitschko's.

My point still stands!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            I have thought this out and I am familiar with most American boxers. None of them jab with anywhere near the effectiveness of Wladimir Klitschko's jabs. No American boxer in history that I know of has a jab that is anywhere near as good as Wladimir Klitschko's.

My point still stands!
            Lmao. Wlad? Best jab ever? You can't be serious lol. Wlads jab failed him in his biggest fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              Lmao. Wlad? Best jab ever? You can't be serious lol. Wlads jab failed him in his biggest fights.
              Yes, it is! check the stats for number of jabs landed in heavyweight boxing or in any weight division. Check the stats for the percentage of jabs landed and for any other valuable criteria. Wladimir Klitschko likely comes out somewhere near or on the top of the list statistically.

What 'biggest fights'? Wladimir Klitschko has some of the most unparalleled achievements in heavyweight boxing history and some are unparalleled by the standard of any weight division. His success and records in 'big fights' at heavyweight boxing is unparalleled. The jab has been the main reason for that.

Comment

Working...
              X