No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Mayweather Knew What GGG Does To Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Your comments say it all. You don't know what the **** you're talking about. Comparing Golovkin to Maidana.
    I didn't say they are exactly the same, said the pressure can be compared. We've had people in the same thread saying if Canelo did this then Mayweather can do that. The comparison of Golovkin and Maidana is like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
      I didn't say they are exactly the same, said the pressure can be compared. We've had people in the same thread saying if Canelo did this then Mayweather can do that. The comparison of Golovkin and Maidana is like that.
      No it isn't because Canelo actually fought similarly to what Mayweather does in the Golovkin fight, even though he's levels below. Golovkin fights nothing like Maidana, the pressure is nothing alike. Someone that wants to get inside, push, lean and rough the opponent up is way more pressure than someone that wants to stand at mid range and get their shots off.

Comment

130lb - 149lb vs 160lbs- 170lbs

I would make the fight!!!!

With a hydration clause he can't come in any heavier than 150 lbs day of the fight!

Done deal!

#careerendingbrutality

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Floyd never fought at super middleweight (168) he fought only 3 fights at Jr middleweight (154). lil g is at middleweight (160). lil g & his team ducked Ward, it's on record....Floyd makes easy work of lil g.
          Your right, my bad. That's what I meant to say. That he fought a few times at junior middleweight. But Floyd is really a welterweight. But that clown g string was calling him out. He should of grown some nutts and fought Andre Ward.
          G string is ****ing pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            No it isn't because Canelo actually fought similarly to what Mayweather does in the Golovkin fight, even though he's levels below. Golovkin fights nothing like Maidana, the pressure is nothing alike. Someone that wants to get inside, push, lean and rough the opponent up is way more pressure than someone that wants to stand at mid range and get their shots off.
            True except Canelo weighs over 170 pounds maybe 175 pounds, is very powerful and throws some of the best combinations at middleweight, that it is a factor as well. If it wasn't for that Golovkin would have been even more aggressive. What you said about Maidana and Golovkin is right, but Golovkin would still fight at a high pace. If they were the same size I wouldn't be here debating this, but the size makes a difference in this fight I think anyway.

Comment

I like Golovkin, but Golovkin and his camp needs to worry about fighters his size or "slightly" smaller (Canelo) who are growing into full MW's. Floyd never broke 151 while Golovkin is a natural MW who could probably do Super MW. The fight was never going to happen for Floyd who could have probably stayed at 140 if not for the big money fighters at Welter/Super Welter.

5'9, 153+ McGregor looked bigger than Floyd when the fought.
              5'9, 160 Canelo is bigger than Floyd
              5'10, 160 Golovkin is bigger than them both.

Floyd had already moved up from 130 in his adult career. He wasn't struggling to make Welter. Golovkin is more of a 160lber who could possibly make the SMW jump.

It was never going to happen.
              Last edited by TyrantT316; 09-25-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

The FIomos on this site think Floyd would beat Joshua too. I bet that there would be a substantial group of FIomos who would actually go to Vegas and bet on Floyd beating Joshua right now...

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  And if lil g couldn't land punches on Nelo what makes you think he could touch Floyd? Exactly, he can't!
                  he did land on Nelo but he was able to absorb it well, I think Nelo was 175 that night and if it lands on a Little Floyd, its sleeping time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Floyd doesn't have to hurt Golovkin.

How many clean, dead-on shots was Golovkin able to land on Alvarez was fighting off of his defense?

No idea how good his legs really were in the Conor fight, but if they were even as good as the Berto fight, Golovkin doesn't land a single meaningful punch on a defensive Floyd Mayweather.
                    There is no question that Floyd would hit Golovkin, but if the punch of the 175 Canelo has no effect on GGG, what effect would the 150lbs Floyd do?

One meaningful punch from GGG would hurt or dazed Mayweather, there is a reason most of GGG's opponent sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      The FIomos on this site think Floyd would beat Joshua too. I bet that there would be a substantial group of FIomos who would actually go to Vegas and bet on Floyd beating Joshua right now...
                      I think Floyd's next fight will be against Tiger Woods or whoever is the world's best badminton player.

Comment

Working...
                      X