Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great are you when the fighter moving up gives you lose or your hardest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    It depends is the fighter allowed to weigh in at 154? or must be drained to 152 for it to count?
    OH ****

Comment

I love Hagler. Moving up when you don't need to is for stupid boxers. Mayweather never fought in a weight class he didn't belong in except 154 and even then he wouldn't fight Canelo at 154 but drained him with a 152 catchweight. Mayweather didn't move steadily up from 130 to 147 for an extra challenge. He outgrew those weight classes one by one and only moved up when he he grew into the next weight class. He couldn't even make the 144 pound catch weight for Marquez so it's not like he is this brave 130 pound boxer who fights at 147 for an extra challenge. He was a full sized welterweight when he fought there. He was a full sized 140 pound boxer when he fought there and so on. Hagler was a small middleweight who often weighed in as light as 156. He could have easily fought at 154 if he had wanted to. I think he might have fought in the same day weigh in days which would make him smaller yet. He was one of the greatest middleweights in history. He defended his title 4 times a year instead of only twice a year like Floyd. He fought every top middleweight who deserved a title shot and avoided nobody. I am sorry you think so little of Hagler but that's your choice. I think Hagler was a fearless middleweight champion who gave every top challenger a shot at his title and defended his title very often. That's all I ask of a champion to call him great..

Comment

im not a fan too ,i never understood his legendary status

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          I never was a Hagler fan because i dont think he challenged himself...his biggest wins were against little guys and Duran even went the distance with him in a close fight!!the real special fighters are the ones who HAVE to move UP to fight A REAL CHALLENGE!! the bigger man SHOULD DOMINATE THE SMALLER GUY EASILY!!!..special talent usually produces special results
          So by ur logic Ali and every other heavyweight was not special.

Comment

I don't think NOT moving up = Not challenging yourself. I don't know if this is a shot at GGG in way but sometimes fighters don't need to move up for greatness. I do agree though that moving up if your division isn't that good is a positive thing.

Comment

Yes nelos greatness needs questioning when lil Floyd gave him his hardest fight.
              Nelo wasn't great back then. He was pfp no30 after barely beating trout.

So not a very good win for floyd

Comment

Is this Larry trying to indirectly express his contempt for Golovkin by attacking Hagler? If it is I've got to say it's looking like a bit of an epic fail so far.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-25-2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Many were picking nelo to beat GGG. So nelo was a really great win for GGG.
                  GGG is arguably the best middleweight of all time.

Comment

You seem to make a lot of stupid threads Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                      You seem to make a lot of stupid threads Larry.
                      Don't let da man divide us, you doin what they want brotha

Comment

Working...
                      X