Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Faced a Better Opponent at 15 Years Old then GGG Ever Faced Untill 2017!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    First off, Cotto defended the 160 lb title so the weight they came in is irrelevant.
    He's never weighed in at 160, he's not a true middle weight the same way Brook wasn't a true middle weight. Cotto started his career off at 140, 160 was his 4th division, that's 1 too many, he was at his best from 147-154.

You're ignoring the context of the situation to perform your mental gymnastics.

Next, Jacobs is a lot better than you give him credit for and lol @ saying he went life and death with GGG. He got dropped and lost a UD.
    114-113,
    115-112 x2

I'd say that's going life and death, ggg barely beat Jacobs. A unanimous decision doesn't mean domination.

Lastly, you can say it was just 'my opinion' that Canelo lost to GGG all you want but the media, fans at the fight and punch stats all say otherwise. And the punch stats were way off. GGG landed about twice as many punches as Canelo really.
    Yeah because the majority is always right lol. The fight was a draw, it's your opinion ggg won, just like it's my opinion is that Canelo won. The bottom line is ggg has 0 wins over A level fighters.

So tell me, where does Daniel Jacobs rank in boxing? Surely he has to be close to the top 10 if the #1 fighter barely got past him.
    Last edited by Cutthroat; 09-23-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Martin Murray vs Canelo Alvarez stylistically, in my opinion this fight is a very competitive fight. Martin Murray actually fought Gennady Golovkin head on!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        We are happy that he won and would leave it at that. But if someone comes along and trashes him for some ridiculous reasons like the thread starter is doing then we well defend him all over again. Mayweather should be left out of it as you say. Everybody knew he would KO Brook before the fight even started. It was just a stay busy fight because Eubank and Saunders chickened out. GGG beat good full sized middleweights like Lemieux, Murray and Jacobs so his supporters don't need the Brook KO to make their case.
        Like I said Golovkin beat him pretty clear. You and I disagree that he beat Jacobs. I watched the fight recently and I'm even more confident that Jacobs got jobbed. About as bad as Golovkin got jobbed against Canelo. I know you'll come back at me with punch stat numbers but Golovkin supposedly landed 75 more jabs for than Jacobs. I only saw one round where he landed significantly more jabs. The rest were fairly even and Jacobs landed more power shots.

With that being said as a Golovkin fan you should be happy. I wouldn't call myself a Jacobs fan but I believe he won.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          He's never weighed in at 160, he's not a true middle weight the same way Brook wasn't a true middle weight. Cotto started his career off at 140, 160 was his 4th division, that's 1 too many, he was at his best from 147-154.

You're ignoring the context of the situation to perform your mental gymnastics.

114-113,
          115-112 x2

I'd say that's going life and death, ggg barely beat Jacobs. A unanimous decision doesn't mean domination.

Yeah because the majority is always right lol. The fight was a draw, it's your opinion ggg won, just like it's my opinion is that Canelo won. The bottom line is ggg has 0 wins over A level fighters.

So tell me, where does Daniel Jacobs rank in boxing? Surely he has to be close to the top 10 if the #1 fighter barely got past him.
          Mental gymnastics? Wtf is that? You said he never fought at MW. It was a lie, which I explosed. Nothing else to that one really.

Next, you have a very misconstrued theory of what life and death means. It means a fight like ....wait, why am I doing this.....you know wtf it means....by your criteria Canelo vs. Floyd was life and death.....SMH...ridiculous.

GGG was never in a position to have a chance to lose vs. Jacobs, was never losing the fight and was never hurt or in trouble. Jacobs did better than many expected but that's about it.

And yes, the majority is right when that majority includes almost every credible expert in the fkn sport like Steven A., Rafael, Lederman, Kellerman, Atlas and Iole! Canelo's fans boo'd for a reason you know. He has zero case that he won that fight other than one judge who had an off night and another judge who should be fired for taking bribes.

So again, Canelo LOST. Period. Making this whole thread pointless.

Besides, during his last 11 MW fights, GGG has faced 8 top 10 fighters in the division including the next best twice in Jacobs and Canelo. People also forget that he tried to fight Lee, Korobov, Saunders and Eubank Jr. too!

So get real with the lack of name wins and BS about deserving the draw vs. Canelo because you know full well those are wishful thinking, hating lies.

~Thread Over~

Comment

Load of rubbish and even so, it's irrelevant.

A 35 year old "declining" GGG who has apparently never faced anyone, dominated a 27 year old prime Canelo. Canelo is a digrace.

All red-headed Mexicans are bastards in their fathers eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              Like I said Golovkin beat him pretty clear. You and I disagree that he beat Jacobs. I watched the fight recently and I'm even more confident that Jacobs got jobbed. About as bad as Golovkin got jobbed against Canelo. I know you'll come back at me with punch stat numbers but Golovkin supposedly landed 75 more jabs for than Jacobs. I only saw one round where he landed significantly more jabs. The rest were fairly even and Jacobs landed more power shots.

With that being said as a Golovkin fan you should be happy. I wouldn't call myself a Jacobs fan but I believe he won.
              Considering the KD, you would have to have given Jacobs 7 rounds and scored another round 'even' for Jacobs to have won. Sorry buddy, that didn't come close to happening. Not even remotely close.

Comment

Considering the KD, you would have to have given Jacobs 7 rounds and scored another round 'even' for Jacobs to have won. Sorry buddy, that didn't come close to happening. Not even remotely close.
                I actually gave him 8 and one even. In fairness I thought 1, 3, and 8 were close rounds, and if a judge was looking for rounds to give to Golovkin they could have gone to him but I gave those to Jacobs based on what I saw. Round 9 was a round Jacobs was winning and Golovkin came on the last 30-40 seconds so I gave it to Golovkin because the momentum swing was that dramatic. Regardless, Jacobs was far more effective in the fight and put on a much better performance than Canelo. The fight was tough for Jacobs and I give Golovkin a lot of credit for the way he fought (a lot better than he did against Canelo), but he came up short IMO.

Comment

gennady was a prisoner of the sturm’s promotion for a very long time. not everybody is lucky enough to get opportunities early in their career.

gennady arguably wasted a half of his career due to bad choices/luck/background.. only when he was 30 he got some chances... and it took him another 2-3 years to get a half decent opponent in the ring.

you should listen to eddie hearn and his plan for barker to fight gennady a long time ago. gennady’s team agreed to fight basically for free and eddie, knowing little about gennady at the time was over the moon. luckly for barker, his trainer knew what they are dealing with and stopped the negotiations.

gennady did amazingly well considering the path in the early part of his career.

Comment

Mental gymnastics? Wtf is that? You said he never fought at MW. It was a lie, which I explosed. Nothing else to that one really.
                    So tell us what are Amir Khan, Chavez Jr., Cotto, Brook etc. doing at 160 right now? I mean you say they're middleweights, who are they fighting at 160?

According to your logic moving up in weight isn't an achievement anymore. Context doesn't matter, we should ignore every boxer ever that has moved up in weight, it means nothing on fight night.

Next, you have a very misconstrued theory of what life and death means. It means a fight like ....wait, why am I doing this.....you know wtf it means....by your criteria Canelo vs. Floyd was life and death.....SMH...ridiculous.
                    The Mayweather-Canelo score cards were much less controversial, only 1 judge had it a draw, the other 2 a clear win for Mayweather.

GGG was never in a position to have a chance to lose vs. Jacobs, was never losing the fight and was never hurt or in trouble. Jacobs did better than many expected but that's about it.
                    Jacobs was tagging him all night lmao, landing one flush shot after the next, when you compare it to a Nelo-Mayweather performance there is no comparison.

Even with a knock down it was a close fight on the cards. So tell me, where does Daniel Jacobs rank on the P4P list?

And yes, the majority is right when that majority includes almost every credible expert in the fkn sport like Steven A., Rafael, Lederman, Kellerman, Atlas and Iole! Canelo's fans boo'd for a reason you know. He has zero case that he won that fight other than one judge who had an off night and another judge who should be fired for taking bribes.

So again, Canelo LOST. Period. Making this whole thread pointless.

Besides, during his last 11 MW fights, GGG has faced 8 top 10 fighters in the division including the next best twice in Jacobs and Canelo. People also forget that he tried to fight Lee, Korobov, Saunders and Eubank Jr. too!

So get real with the lack of name wins and BS about deserving the draw vs. Canelo because you know full well those are wishful thinking, hating lies.

Draw does not=Win, the mental gymnastics you g tards do lol

He drew with a career welter/jmw. In his last 5 fights he's fought 1 career welter in Brook, 1 career welter/jmw, Canelo, a career jmw in Lemieux, a former cancer patient that got blasted out in 5 by Pirog, and a guy under house arrest. It's a pathetic resume.
                    Last edited by Cutthroat; 09-23-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      gennady was a prisoner of the sturm’s promotion for a very long time. not everybody is lucky enough to get opportunities early in their career.

He would've lost the first time he stepped up. As late as 2011 the guy was going life and death with Ouma who was already around 5 years past his prime.

He failed to separate and show himself to be a world class fighter against Canelo, Jacobs, and also looked bad vs Brook.

He also gets hit way too much, he's taken a lot of punishment his past 3 fights, if these had occurred early in his career he'd probably be chinny by now.

Comment

Working...
                      X