Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: With Andre Ward Retired, Who is The #1 P4P Fighter in The World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma will be #1 Dec 10.

Comment

"Despite unbeaten record, some saw him as a vulnerable who began to show his decline against Kell Brook, Daniel Jacobs and Canelo."

Let me see if I'm reading this right. This so called "decline" you speak of began once Gennady started fighting top level opposition?

That's quite a coincidence.

Comment

1. CRAWFORD

Then just go from there!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
          "Despite unbeaten record, some saw him as a vulnerable who began to show his decline against Kell Brook, Daniel Jacobs and Canelo."

Let me see if I'm reading this right. This so called "decline" you speak of began once Gennady started fighting top level opposition?

That's quite a coincidence.
          Canelo started showing signs of decline against Mayweather Trout and Lara, but he got better once the standard of his opposition was lower. But now Canelo has showed signs of decline again.

Comment

Re: p4p ranking

'the concept of pound for pound is purely fictional'

Re Golovkin:

'A victory would have made his #1 spot clear cut. But that’s not what happened'

Anyone spot the obvious inconsistency here ? You have a P4P ranking that is purely subjective and fictional, yet it effectively ties itself to Byrd's scorecard (and Trella's 7th), seemingly losing the ability to look past the official scores and judge the list on what they really believe they saw.

ie press row (the same people who actually come up with the P4P list) apply subjectivity in almost unanimously judging Golovkin the winner, yet somehow lose that subjectivity when it comes to determining the completely subjective P4P list.

Comment

GGG, Crawford, Canelo, Loma, Rigo all in the mix.
              Especially since some of those guys are/were fighting each other. A win for either guy in the GGG/Canelo fight would of helped clear things up somewhat.

I don't think there's a clear no1 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Terence Crawford.
                Jhonny or me... I'll accidently on purpose hit a fool in his chest. & break his back

Only *******s & 3G towel bishes can throw purse punches and bish battle for the privilege to drain these nuts

Comment

My top 10 in no order are kova, inoue, rigo, spence, canelo, ggg, loma, mikey, crawford, jacobs

Main criteria is their skill level and how unbeatable they are

Sounds crazy but inoue probably heads my list at this point. I jus cant see anyone beatin him. Hes insanely good athletically and skill wise. Has a really good boxing iq as well

Comment

GGG pound 4 pound no way. Dude needs to move up in weight. Who has he beaten at 160 that is elite? I can only remember Jacobs.Mayweather, Jones, Ward, Chocolatito, all aforementioned greats dare to be great. GGG does not qualify to be P4P.
                    Last edited by Slimjoe; 09-23-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

P4p I had a couple guys ahead of him I had Ward 4 but IMO not an all-time great and all-time great... his biggest fights were against a almost one-dimensional guy with Kovalev.. no way he would have beaten guys like Mike Spinks, Bob Foster several of those tough guys from the mid-70s as well as some of the past greats like Archie Moore Ezzard Charles and I could go on... even at 160 he would never have beaten Carlos monzon or the greatest Sugar Ray Robinson.. my opinion..

Comment

Working...
                      X