• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxfan83 View Post
    a draw. 118-110, 114-114, 115-113.
    lol.........

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Dre's but Roy wasn't right when he was in his prime. He ain't out thinking Roy, people forget how cerebral Roy was, the beauty of his traps get lost in his other worldly physical gifts. Mike McCallum said he was the smartest man he every fought, coming for a thinker like him that's a strong statement. His inside game just wouldn't be enough to take the matchup and that's the only place he "might" have an advantage.

None of this is a knock on Dre but really trying to match anyone up to Roy is kinda unfair.
      Last edited by old cat; 09-22-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Is roy wearing a special kevlar reinforced cup with extra padding?

If not then Ward by 6 punch ball combo stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          Kovalev beat Ward on most cards in the first fight. Jones would have ruined him. Jones already fought Ward back when they called him Hopkins. It wasn't close.
          ward and hopkins styles were nothing alike. especially young hopkins.

Comment

Ward would win a decision.

RJJ in his prime had so many glaring faults that his athleticism got him out of trouble.

Wards fundamentals are in a different planet too rjj.

Comment

Originally posted by amuroray View Post
              Ward would win a decision.

RJJ in his prime had so many glaring faults that his athleticism got him out of trouble.

Wards fundamentals are in a different planet too rjj.
              ball punching, leaping into your opponent head first, and wrestling are boxing fundamentals???

Comment

Roy was too athletic and fast. Ward would need to get close and work on the inside. Roy wouldn't let him. It would be an easy decision for Jones Jr.

Comment

i cant pick anybody in history over a prime roy.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                    I would say Montell was close. Also both Toney and Hopkins are very crafty. I'm not sure that Ward gets more than 50:50 odds against either of Hop/Toney
                    True, but B-Hop was super green in that fight, and IMO, Ward is physically stronger than B-Hop, and is better at wearing you out int he clinch, and with "arm wrestling". Basically when you tangle arms with your opponent, and with his body shots.

IMO, Ward has the best body punches in boxing, for sure in my book. He doesn't get as much credit for his body work, because he's seen as a "cute" fighter, and a more finesse type, more often than not. But when he needs to turn a fight, ugly, he does it almost better than anyone in boxing today. He's the master at turning a fight ugly, but in such a beautiful, and scientific way.

Comment

Nobody beats a PRIME Roy Pre Antonio Tarver!

Comment

Working...
                      X