Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy retirement champ....well earned

Comment

Hope it's not true. I would love to see him against Bellew or even winner of Parker-Fury to challenge for the HW title.

However, how many fighters can claim they retired as p2p no 1... Respect to the man!
      Didn't enjoy his fighting style, but nobody can deny his boxing skills and his talent. ATG SMW for sure!

Comment

Respect. Retired on top.

Comment

hes a great commentator so looking forward to hearing him doing that more

Comment

He's on ESPN right now

Comment

Well, huh.......

Comment

Stephen A Smith is an ignoramus

Comment

What. The. ****. Is this confirmed!?!?

Comment

Fighters are independent contractors. They work hard for decades in the ring and in the gym. Once they've accomplished goals, it's up to them to decide how they want to spend the declining years of their careers.

Much respect to Ward. Whether you like him or not, he fought VERY good competition and ended up undefeated. He ends his career having fought the man everyone said he feared and was avoiding. Won a controversial decision and in an immediate rematch stopped him. There's not much more you can ask.

Anything from here would just be more critics trying to push him to a defeat or beating as he's not getting any younger. While I would like to see him fight Adonis Stevenson, Adonis has messed his career up so much that Ward and Kovalev already proved themselves as the best LHW's while Stevenson has been happy holding onto his lineal reputation. Ward doesn't NEED Stevenson. Also Ward talked about Heavyweight. I am sure him and his wife have spent time with the thought and maybe decided moving up just because you're pressured to might not be in his best interest.

As a man of the same faith as Ward, I don't believe Boxing runs his life. He's taking control of his life, I am sure has done well with his money, has other ambitions and focuses in his life and knows Boxing is a sport that can welcome you win with open arms, push you a lot, give you a lot, drain you and spit you out if you don't take control of yourself and your career.

I'm glad he's making this decision.

Comment

I don't believe thats it.

Comment

Working...
                      X