Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top fighter and i can safely say one of the best i have seen.

A True ATG

Comment

• That's a shame
      I would've loved to have seen him dismantle Stevenson
      He would've taken that left hand away and made him look extremely basic

Oh well, enjoy retirement. I feel I didn't get too really gain any attachment as a fan towards him. A few more fights would've really done him wonders. But he had a great career in the timeframe he had

Comment

• Great career but my god he was boring, cant say I will miss watching him fight

Comment

• Always thought Ward was a little too intelligent for boxing

Comment

• I hope he sticks to his retirement. It took him a few tune up fights to get back on top the last time. He doesn't have that kind of time at his age.

I haven't always been a fan but he made me fan with his championship inner drive. A lot of people don't like him because he beat some of their favorite fighters. Rather than admit he was simply better they naturally took the salty position. He'll go down as a really good fighter but his career was too short for him to be considered truly great. He is a HOF boxer and will make it first time.
            Last edited by HarvardBlue; 09-21-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Props to an amazing career, his achievements were incredible unifying belts in 2 divisions, undefeated, some BIG scalps. He's obviously rich, go out on top well done!

Comment

• and nothing of value was lost. maybe he had an attack of conscious and realized his career was fraudulent and built on cheating nonstop.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamBoVee View Post
                  Always thought Ward was a little too intelligent for boxing
                  Maybe CTE was a concern?

Comment

• HOF fighter for sure. I feel like his career didn't live up to his potential/skill level but it's his decision and I respect that. I would have liked to see him have a few more big fights but the guys he wanted to fight (GGG, Stevenson) didn't want to fight him. He didn't have the best fights but that's how it goes sometimes when you're so much better than the opposition. He was extremely skilled and was a true champion with a lot of determination. Best of luck to him in his future and next career. Very nice guy too who's very respectful and real. Thanks S.O.G.!

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      I hope he sticks to his retirement. It took him a few tune up fights to get back on top the last time. He doesn't have that kind of time at his age. .

I haven't always been a fan but he made me fan with his championship inner drive. A lot of people don't like him because he beat some of their favorite fighters. Rather than admit he was simply better they naturally took the salty position. He'll go down as a really good fighter but his career was too short for him to be considered truly great. He is a HOF boxer and will make it first time.
                      a lot of people don't like him because he's clearly cheating. a lot of people who do like him ignore this blatant cheating. that is what you should be saying. inner drive=do anything illegal to win? yeah its so salty to call out guys who clinch nonstop, jump into their oppoenents head first without even throwing punches, and low blow them over nd over.

Comment

Working...
                      X