Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG fans should be happy as hell now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah. Rigo vs Loma winner in my book. But others have an argument.

Comment

i have not had golovkin in my top 3 for a while. he's past his best, man. i udnerstand that your biases won't allow you to see that .

terrence crawford is a much, much better fighter than a 35 year old, fading golovkin. so is lomachenko. i'd shade lomachenko as being the top p4p right now, but it's between those two.

i didn't give ward the degree of credit others gave him after the second kovalev fight. i thought lomachenko was still a better p4p fighter. crawford, too, after the indongo shutout. you're not asking what they've accomplished in their careers. many of ward's best wins were half a decade ago now. you ask, who is the best fighter right now, and if all fighters were the same size, who would you favor in their next fight. and i'd favor lomachenko and crawford over ward based on ability.

yeah, he'd have won agains kovalev without the low blows and probably even stopped kovalev, but FFS that fight ended on a series of low blows and kovalev should hve been given time to recover, and it was not a clean win in the least. and you know it!

Comment

I had Ward as a soft P4P #1. Golovkin had a chance to take it IMO with a dominant performance. He didn't so Ward would have finished the year as P4P #1. Now with this retirement, I'm sort of leaning to well no one. There is no number one IMO right now. If I had to put someone, maybe Crawford with Golovkin second.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Kovalev is not a great fighter, nor a talented special guy like Bud, Loma or Rigo, or Garcia.

So being semi retired for 4 years and beating him after 20 close rounds doesn't catapult you on the top of the P4P list.
          yeah yeah yeah, we get it... they are only good or fighters are ducking them until they lose, then its a new argument and excuse. serg is good bro these guys can fight

Comment

Bumlovkin was exposed in the Canelo fight

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i have not had golovkin in my top 3 for a while. he's past his best, man. i udnerstand that your biases won't allow you to see that .

terrence crawford is a much, much better fighter than a 35 year old, fading golovkin. so is lomachenko. i'd shade lomachenko as being the top p4p right now, but it's between those two.

i didn't give ward the degree of credit others gave him after the second kovalev fight. i thought lomachenko was still a better p4p fighter. crawford, too, after the indongo shutout. you're not asking what they've accomplished in their careers. many of ward's best wins were half a decade ago now. you ask, who is the best fighter right now, and if all fighters were the same size, who would you favor in their next fight. and i'd favor lomachenko and crawford over ward based on ability.

yeah, he'd have won agains kovalev without the low blows and probably even stopped kovalev, but FFS that fight ended on a series of low blows and kovalev should hve been given time to recover, and it was not a clean win in the least. and you know it!
              had kov not been faking low blows earlier in the fight and clearly looking for a way out of the fight and actually defending himself and not hunched over in a defeated position maybe the ref would have showed mercy. the last one was low but he was finished before that and it landed low because of his illegal positioning. he even turned his back which is a big no no.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                With Ward retiring GGG will now be p4p#1...
                You can take the tinfoil hat off, it's ok

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Bumlovkin was exposed in the Canelo fight
                  If he's a bum why couldn't canelo beat him?

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
                    hes not a bum hes just not this atg hof greatest middleweight of all time hes been hyped to be and anytime we stated that we were called racist. hes past his best so we will never know exactly how good he was. hes good what what he does and is tough as nails but limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
                      Question is why couldn't Bumlovkin beat a smaller man ?

Comment

Working...
                      X