Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would go down as the greater boxer between Canelo Alvarez and Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of boggled my mind when i thought about it, Pacquiao has put on more impressive performances over his career imo, I think prime pacquio is a more naturally gifted fighter but then when i think about it i don't think any version of many beats canelo at 152/154.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      Tough question as Manny will always be hugely popular this carries a lot of weight. By the time Canelo's done I expect his resume to be just as good or better (He could fight for another 8 years plus). If Manny continues fighting past his prime and embarrassing himself I could definitely see his stock going down, although he'll always be popular. If they fought right now I think Canelo KO's him.
      YDKSAB and stop talking blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        /thread

Close thread please

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
          After both retire from their boxing careers, who do you think would go down as the greater boxer between the two?
          Too early to ask this question, wait till they retire.

Comment

If Canelo suddenly blows up 1 division every other fight & starts knocking out the top light heavy weightd you can start comparing him to Manny.

People forget how small Manny is and how High above his natural weight class he fights

Comment

Come on. I hate Manny but even I can't see any way Canelo will be seen as better than Manny.

Maybe if he unifies and defeats all the top guys at 160, 168 and 175 then maybe he is seen as equal to Manny.

Manny is consensus one of the top 25-30 boxers ever (in every reasonable and credible rankings).

Canelo is not even the top p4p fighter since Floyd retired.

Comment

Right now it's obviously Pac. But Canelo is still young & in his prime while Pac wrecks his legacy ducking young lions and losing to cherries like Jeff Horn

Comment

So is this pre or post PED using Pac with his Ariza shakes?

When Canelo starts doing PEDs and begins to mow down everyone, then let the comparisons begin.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    Pacquiao destroyed top opposition

Canelo gets close decisions or outright robberies vs Good opponents
                    People who voted for Canelo need to check how Pac was ruining fighters like Cotto or Margarito in his prime, that was brutal

While Canelo struggling to get clear dominant victories against lesser fighters like Lara

Comment

Funny how Pacquiao gets more love and respect from Mexicans than their fellow brotha canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X