No announcement yet.

Just Remember...Media Thought Kova Won The 1st Time Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Remember...Media Thought Kova Won The 1st Time Too

If Adelaide is wrong, so are the drunken paperboys.

Look, all of you crying about the media need to understand that many of them aren't objective observers either.

And some of them on the night of the fight make real good friends with the beer dude.

Lastly, a lot of them sit together so you wind up with this biased, drunken, mass group-think that bears little resemblance to what is actually going on.

It happens all the time, and often in fights with polarizing fighters.

Here is what no one is talking about.

We are sitting here raking Adelaide Byrd over the coals cuz frankly she deserves it, scoring a close fight 118-110.

Yet, while a lot of folks are pointing to the overwhelming number of media who thought Golovkin won, no one is saying "boo" about the RIDICULOUS SCORECARDS MOST OF THEM HAD.

Neither guy won 9 rounds- at most you might give 8 and even that is a stretch.

In other words, anyone saying unequivocally that one guy DEFINITELY won 8 or more rounds just might be full of shyt.

Now, go look at the press row scores. I won't post them because they make me sick.

They reveal that many in press row are just as incompetent- or corrupt?- as Adelaide was.

Just thought I'd point this out to some of you.

You're welcome...

there were signs of Ward figuring out Kov's offense in the first fight as he dominated the latter part of the fight.

in this fight it was the other way around. GGG figured out Canelo after 3 rounds. GGG got stronger as the fight went on and Canelo never found a solution to GGG's jab and footwork.
    Last edited by HeadShots; 09-19-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Its debatable whats the problem with Byrd, but I think we all agree there is a problem.

I don't really get the people who don't agree with the draw or closeness of this fight or the Ward vs Kovalev I fight so yea definitely some similarities there. If Ward vs Kovalev woulda been a draw or a Kovalev win I'd understand it cuz the fight was tight.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        there were signs of Ward figuring out Kov's offense in the first fight as he dominated the latter part of the fight.

in this fight it was the other way around. GGG figured out Canelo after 3 rounds. GGG got stronger as the fight went on and Canelo never found a solution to GGG's jab and footwork.
        If he figured Canelo out, how come he missed almost 500 punches?

And how come some of Canelo's best rounds were the 11th and 12th?

We are talking about the hypocrisy of those who condemned Adelaide Byrd's absurd card while having laughable cards of their own.

7-5 either way or a draw is the only non-controversial way to see the fight.

Yet, folks are pointing to media scorecards of 118-110 GGG, 117-111 GGG etc as if those aren't just as idiotic.

Comment

One big echo chamber.

They ride a guy to the very end and if he's involved in a close fight, they cry "robbery" and act like babies. It's always the same story. Not a big deal except how they easily influence others.

Comment

HBO especially shytty lederman effected the narrative of that fight as well scoring it a blowout on his scorecard. That bias card in a close fight helped shape all the robbery talk in ward/Kovalev 1 for whic was stupid. Lederman wide card for kovalev rematch again had a wide card before Kovalev was knocked out by ward. He was off big time from the judges in the first fight and the second. And was again off the judges scores on sat and very bias to the eastern euru fighter. Take away byrd card and both judges had it razor tight one a draw the other by slight margin for GGG.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-19-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Ward rarely landed in that fight, and was showboating while getting outboxed. He landed popshot body blows once in a while, as Kov was putting on a show. The fight looked one sided, but when I watch it back, and nitpick every single thing Ward did, I have him KIND of edging out a victory. But watching it live, it was one sided

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Its debatable whats the problem with Byrd, but I think we all agree there is a problem.

I don't really get the people who don't agree with the draw or closeness of this fight or the Ward vs Kovalev I fight so yea definitely some similarities there. If Ward vs Kovalev woulda been a draw or a Kovalev win I'd understand it cuz the fight was tight.
                Boxin is subjective sport ,we have our favorites and biases ,as IMDAZED said ppl pick 1 guy and ride with to the end ,if its full 12 round is robbery end of story and thats reality here.

IMO theres nothing wrong ,there will be another "Byrd" if we ban her ,cuse boxing is subjective as i said ,only KO solve it and sometimes even KO is not clear result ,(Ward-Kovalev 2 controversy)

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  If Adelaide is wrong, so are the drunken paperboys.

Look, all of you crying about the media need to understand that many of them aren't objective observers either.

And some of them on the night of the fight make real good friends with the beer dude.

Lastly, a lot of them sit together so you wind up with this biased, drunken, mass group-think that bears little resemblance to what is actually going on.

It happens all the time, and often in fights with polarizing fighters.

Here is what no one is talking about.

We are sitting here raking Adelaide Byrd over the coals cuz frankly she deserves it, scoring a close fight 118-110.

Yet, while a lot of folks are pointing to the overwhelming number of media who thought Golovkin won, no one is saying "boo" about the RIDICULOUS SCORECARDS MOST OF THEM HAD.

Neither guy won 9 rounds- at most you might give 8 and even that is a stretch.

In other words, anyone saying unequivocally that one guy DEFINITELY won 8 or more rounds just might be full of shyt.

Now, go look at the press row scores. I won't post them because they make me sick.

They reveal that many in press row are just as incompetent- or corrupt?- as Adelaide was.

Just thought I'd point this out to some of you.

You're welcome...
                  I completely agree. I don't understand how some people had GGG winning 8 rounds to 4 and even 9 rounds to 3. What the **** were they watching? Lol.

7-5 either way or 6-6 is the only way to score this fight.

Comment

Canelo won the last 3 rds and Canelo can only get better. All canelo has to do is work on his stamina and pull at least 1 more rd out of his ass and its a clear UD for Canelo. GGG is declining, by May next year he will be another year older.

Comment

Working...
                    X