Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Team Canelo fix his stamina issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's had stamina problems as obvious as Canelo's with his lack of activity for long periods in a round & improved them?

I'm not even sure if I believe its possible at some level. I think some of this sh^t is just in your DNA & your ceiling with it is low so it'll always be problematic & not something you can really fix enough that its not in play as a disadvantage.

Comment

I read somewhere that he did add a new strength and conditioning coach for this camp.

But Golovkin doesn't even use a strength a conditioning coach.

Canelo seems to just have naturally poor stamina. It is his biggest weakness because it reduces his punch output and he is a very accurate puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        lean him down a bit & more cardio than weights..
        I thought this man, IDK if he is lifting though. Is he?

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
          I read somewhere that he did add a new strength and conditioning coach for this camp.

Canelo seems to just have naturally poor stamina. It is his biggest weakness because it reduces his punch output and he is a very accurate puncher.
          You shouldnt need 1 in Big Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Who's had stamina problems as obvious as Canelo's with his lack of activity for long periods in a round & improved them?

I'm not even sure if I believe its possible at some level. I think some of this sh^t is just in your DNA & your ceiling with it is low so it'll always be problematic & not something you can really fix enough that its not in play as a disadvantage.
            That would be a good thread question...

To be honest I cant think of anyone off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Difficult to say without knowing his workout regiment. He appeared to pack on muscle for this fight which made him lethargic after less than a minute of activity in each round. He's always had stamina issues, either from draining down to make weight or packing on muscle. He's a naturally thick dude, and if he wants to remain at 160, he needs to commit to staying close to that fighting weight all year round.
              True, itd be nice to know what he does. Ive heard before he picks and chooses what he wants to do and he dont like running. That could be his biggest problem right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                he dont like running. That could be his biggest problem right there.
                That does seem a common trait in guys who don't like running...or swimming at least. I think that was Klitschko & other guys' workaround to running sucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  True, itd be nice to know what he does. Ive heard before he picks and chooses what he wants to do and he dont like running. That could be his biggest problem right there.
                  Even running, a fighter needs to incorporate sprints in their runs, otherwise their bodies aren't being pushed if they simply jog at the same pace for miles at a time. In order to increase stamina a fighter should be sprinting about 100 yards for every 400 yards of jogging, at a minimum.

But I suspect his biggest problem is draining to make weight. That will kill your stamina every time. He walks around at 175 or even 180+.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post

Could it be related to his big muscles?

Comment

Suck Up your Pride and use the CLINCH! Those are little tricks that separate the Great Fighters from the GOOD FIGHTERS! He started Clinching GGG late in the fight which was smart. GGG doesn't fight on the inside at all so in the rematch all he has to do honestly is Stay off the Ropes and Clinch and Turn GGG and disrupt his Offense and Off Season his Power

But NO I don't think he will ever have great Stamina no matter what he does! I'm sure he has tried working on it by working out in High Altitude and all that stuff but still his legs was shaky and stiff in the 9th

Comment

Working...
                      X