No announcement yet.

The couch potato crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The couch potato crew

Here we are a couple of days after the ggg canelo fight and looking at the forum seems funny, nearly every boxing media outlet and pro boxer who hasn't got an agenda picked ggg as the winner and all I see here is the same old couch potato EXPERTS who have never been in a ring or got up at 5am to do roadwork making thread after thread running down ggg trying to convince everyone canelo won, other funny thing is I bet canelo won't activate the rematch, he has already stated he will not commit to it yet, to all the clowns that think that canelo won, can you please explain to me why I should believe you and what makes your opinion more valid than pro boxers and media pundits that have covered fights for years, keeping in mind that as you have all stated for 2 years that canelo is the A side so that these media outlets should have given him the benefit of the doubt, yet they picked ggg

I bet most of this forum have never actually boxed before

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
      Here we are a couple of days after the ggg canelo fight and looking at the forum seems funny, nearly every boxing media outlet and pro boxer who hasn't got an agenda picked ggg as the winner and all I see here is the same old couch potato EXPERTS who have never been in a ring or got up at 5am to do roadwork making thread after thread running down ggg trying to convince everyone canelo won, other funny thing is I bet canelo won't activate the rematch, he has already stated he will not commit to it yet, to all the clowns that think that canelo won, can you please explain to me why I should believe you and what makes your opinion more valid than pro boxers and media pundits that have covered fights for years, keeping in mind that as you have all stated for 2 years that canelo is the A side so that these media outlets should have given him the benefit of the doubt, yet they picked ggg
      It's disgraceful that you state anyone that scored for Canelo had an agenda. Can you be more specific about what this agenda was/is?

A few of us from NSB scored the fight in our fantasy league. At least 3 of us had Canelo winning. I had him winning 115-113. If you had a draw or GGG 115-113, as some did, that was understandable. I didn't score the fight based on an agenda, I scored the fight the same way I did Kov/ward 1 where I had Kov winning.

There were some close rounds. Some people gave them to GGG, some to Canelo. Why do you chalk this up to an "agenda"?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        Yep, when you ask certain questions about technique they're lost, legends in their own minds

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Just like most bodybuilder fans have never actually properly took to the extent of being a bodybuilder, you don't need to have done something to comment on something as much as I disagree with them they have their right to have an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            It's disgraceful that you state anyone that scored for Canelo had an agenda. Can you be more specific about what this agenda was/is?

A few of us from NSB scored the fight in our fantasy league. At least 3 of us had Canelo winning. I had him winning 115-113. If you had a draw or GGG 115-113, as some did, that was understandable. I didn't score the fight based on an agenda, I scored the fight the same way I did Kov/ward 1 where I had Kov winning.

There were some close rounds. Some people gave them to GGG, some to Canelo. Why do you chalk this up to an "agenda"?
            Be the champion
            Be the aggressor
            Be the one landing more punches
            Be the one controlling the fight

Be the one losing 'close' rounds just because you obviously like Canelo more

Comment

[QUOTE=KKKonorMcGregor;18067499]Just like most bodybuilder fans have never actually properly took to the extent of being a bodybuilder, you don't need to have done something to comment on something as much as I disagree with them they have their right to have an opinion.[/QUOTE. ------------------------- Would you agree that there is a difference between the opinion of an actual boxer compared to a fan that has never sparred, competed, understands the dynamics of boxing, would you considera boxer as a more worth, expert opinion?
              Last edited by Shape up; 09-19-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KKKonorMcGregor View Post
                Be the champion
                Be the aggressor
                Be the one landing more punches
                Be the one controlling the fight

Be the one losing 'close' rounds just because you obviously like Canelo more
                I don't know what being the champ has to do with winning a round. Landing more punches and being the "aggressor", ok.

GGG would land more jabs and Canelo more power punches. The posters that usually criticize the jab and favor the harder punches are now going the other way. Why the change?

Comment

Do you think you were impartial, because in an earlier post you picked canelo by UD and said the judges would favour canelo, so here we are with a draw, the majority(80+%) said ggg won and if the judges did favour canelo that all adds up

Comment

I don't know what being the champ has to do with winning a round. Landing more punches and being the "aggressor", ok.

GGG would land more jabs and Canelo more power punches. The posters that usually criticize the jab and favor the harder punches are now going the other way. Why the change?
                    The difference in power punches was minimal, the difference in jabs was large

Comment

Working...
                    X