Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Golovkin was the master of cutting off the ring? He didn't utilize that ski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legs go first for everyone.

If GGG can't get range and close distance using a double and tripe jab when Canelo runs he will not cat5ch him.
    Cutting off the ring doesn't work with a boxer who could move lateral with precision.

That said Canelo must double his work rate and be even quicker on the move. Theres a reason he didn't step to GGG and continue in! He can say he didn't feel him but if he didn't why move away so much?

I believe Canelo can win but he needs to out work GGG.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      I watched the fight a second time, I still left with a void of true winner. But that's besides the point,

Anywho what happened to Golovkin's elite ring cutting ability? Cause I didn't see it on display on Saturday night. He was just following Canelo around the ring. Sometimes even recklessly getting tagged with big punches.

Thoughts?
      I had said before the fight if Canelo's counters were effective he was going to slow down triple G. As you see G had to think his way in and could not freely start swinging. This what happens when top fighters face each other.

Comment

Or throw a body punches mr. Granite chin

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Legs go first for everyone.

If GGG can't get range and close distance using a double and tripe jab when Canelo runs he will not cat5ch him.
          Cutting off the ring doesn't work with a boxer who could move lateral with precision.

That said Canelo must double his work rate and be even quicker on the move. Theres a reason he didn't step to GGG and continue in! He can say he didn't feel him but if he didn't why move away so much?

I believe Canelo can win but he needs to out work GGG.

Ray
          I doubt it with his stamina issues...but then again GGG didnt take advantage either

Comment

I agree, he was piss poor at cutting off the ring. He's usually money when his opponent is against the ropes/corner, but he was horrible at that as well. I watched the Canelo fight a few times, I don't think it was because of lack of skill or because Canelo showed him anything new. He was just very tentative at it, didn't apply enough pressure either.

Honestly, to me it looked like he was afraid to get hit. I'm not sure what the cause of that is. Maybe his chin isn't as great as he makes it out to be and he's protecting it? Maybe he got injured in either Brook or Jacobs fight and is hiding it? Most likely cause is that he's fed into Jacobs being a huge puncher and Canelo being a gruesome counter puncher that he gave them a bit too much respect. I'm excited to see the rematch because if this was the case and he knows what he's dealing with, I expect to see the old Golovkin, who will be more settled and calm, who will not just run around the ring, who will be methodical and patient.

There are a lot of permutations at which fighter makes which adjustments. Hell, Canelo may have bulked up even more and may come into the ring, plant his feet at the center and become the aggressor instead of Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              What about the jab that supposed to be like a power punch?

What about his amazing power?

This is what happens when you step up in class. You don't look as good as when you were steamrolling bums.
              Now we know why canelo didnt get a knockout either. He wasnt fighting a guy from 2 divisions lower or guys with no chin. Pretty crazy to think that anyone who steps up in class will have a tougher time.

Comment

Redballs couldnt keep Borat in the middle of the ring

Comment

i swear cutting off the ring always gets brought up on here!

Comment

Wasn't Canelo going from rope to rope to rope?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      Wasn't Canelo going from rope to rope to rope?
                      Which means Golovkin wasn't cutting off the ring. Canelo was going clockwise the entire fight. Golovkin never cut him off.

Comment

Working...
                      X