Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin. Tszyu doesn't have the beard

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Looking at both I think the opposite. I agree with defense though. I think Tszyu was a hell of a lot more accurate and he was better at imposing his will on his opponents. If a middleweight version KT was in there with Canelo, I think he would've stopped Canelo.
      kostya was a 1-2 guy. power in right hand. he had a body attack but not as pronounced as GGG in his prime.

GGG is the age Kostya retired. Remember that. it truly is unfortunate how he got the big fights when he's at the end of his career.

so GGG's last performance is still better than Kostya's last performance against Hatton. Canelo > Hatton.

Comment

Overall, amateur and pro, Golovkin is a better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          kostya was a 1-2 guy. power in right hand. he had a body attack but not as pronounced as GGG in his prime.

GGG is the age Kostya retired. Remember that. it truly is unfortunate how he got the big fights when he's at the end of his career.

so GGG's last performance is still better than Kostya's last performance against Hatton. Canelo > Hatton.
          Styles make fights. I would favor Lara to beat GGg but not a Middleweight version of Tszyu. I would favor Porter to beat Tszyu but a Middleweight version of Porter loses to GGG

Comment

>If everything was equal

I presume a draw then

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              Styles make fights. I would favor Lara to beat GGg but not a Middleweight version of Tszyu. I would favor Porter to beat Tszyu but a Middleweight version of Porter loses to GGG
              lara wouldn't beat ggg.

he'd lose a wide decision if not get stopped. the judges don't like his style either. he offers nothing to trouble ggg. who can pump a jab and out land him every round.

Comment

I dont get why people think Tszyu and GG have similiar styles.

Tszyu is more of a boxer with dynamites for fists. He is a cerebral fighter.

They are nothing alike.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  I dont get why people think Tszyu and GG have similiar styles.

Tszyu is more of a boxer with dynamites for fists. He is a cerebral fighter.

They are nothing alike.
                  GGG proved in the Jacobs fight that he is the same

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                    Gennady no problem. Kostya lost to a journeyman was koed cold. He was also ran over by hatton. Kostya never fully transitioned to the pros. He needed to get a mexican or american coach.
                    Vince Phillips was a good fighter more than a journeyman. I don't know if you're boxrec'ing to form your opinion.

He wasn't the old "name" younger guys beat up on back then.

Ran over by Hatton? That fight was a top 3 in the hugging department. It was an awful ugly fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Vince Phillips was a good fighter more than a journeyman. I don't know if you're boxrec'ing to form your opinion.

He wasn't the old "name" younger guys beat up on back then.

Ran over by Hatton? That fight was a top 3 in the hugging department. It was an awful ugly fight.
                      Lol he is obviously a noob..
                      cant believe somebody would mention Hatton and label philips as a journeyman.

Comment

Working...
                      X