Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Vs GGG Rematch: What can they do differently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Vs GGG Rematch: What can they do differently?

In my opinion, I think GGG wins a rematch & has an easier time doing so. I'm not sure if he can win by TKO/KO as Canelo has a very solid chin.

A rematch would play out similar to the first fight except the following:

1. GGG will start faster from Round 1 & won't give up the first 2-3 rounds. He looked a little stiff & very nervous (perhaps the event got to him). He knows he can walk through Canelos best shots to both the head & body. Can't say the same about Canelo as GGG never hit him with full power.

2. GGG will cut off the ring better instead of following Canelo.

3. GGG will adjust his straight right to a hook. He kept missing by a 1/4 inch each time when he threw the straight. Abel will train prepare him for this next time.

4. GGG needs to work Canelos body. He knows he can take the punch, so it is okay to expose the head to land a thunderous body shot.

5. Canelo can't do much differently other than stay in the centre of the ring instead of the ropes. He might be able to outland GGG in the centre because of his speed and defense, but he will tire quicker and can't maintain an onslaught for more than 20 seconds.

EASY WIN FOR GGG. GINGER BOY IS GOING DOWN!

For the record, I scored the fight 116-112 for GGG. I watched it a second time and scored it 115-113 for GGG. Golovkin won rounds 4-9 without question. Canelo Rounds 1,2 and 12. 3, 10 and 11 are debatable.
    Last edited by Shinkyokushin92; 09-18-2017, 01:22 AM.

Canelo can't do anything different other than maybe have cleaner counter shots. He's not gonna be more aggressive, he's not gonna expend MORE energy than he did in the first fight

GGG will be more aggressive, no doubt about it

Comment

GGG need to go downstairs a bit more, mix up his punches. Still keep his jab but work the body. Canelo need to keep off the ropes not because he was getting damage or anything but because it was giving some people the impression that he was in trouble. But if you look properly he looked comfortable on the ropes because apart from one and a half punches landing in a flurry of 6:7 punches he was actually ok.

Comment

I will tell you right now there will be no rematch. After rewatching the fight Canelo was completely overwhelmed by the insane relentless pressure cuppled with the size and power by Golovkin. I don't see how Golovkin can do anything different without taking the full brunt of his power. Even if he could come forward with overhand rights and a relentless body attack in the rematch, I don't see it being beneficial, where Golovkin will take his worst and inflict even more debilitating damage.

It's like the whole thing with George Foreman. Golovkin is just to big and powerful with a stylistic nightmare for Canelo just like Foreman was for Ken Norton. Canelo honestly is a mediocre offensive fighter when it comes to bigger guys. He naturally is used to setting traps against smaller opposition. Too many straight punches and fighting on the back foot. I want to see him prioritize a sledge hammer overhand right as his bread and butter if he is ever to have a chance against the Golovkin we saw last night. But again Golovkins power is no joke, that telephone pole jab nullified and will going forward, what he can do as far as inside work in the rematch. I wish Canelo would use his heavy weight and stature to his advantage

Comment

canelo doesn't have to do anything differently except work on his stamina and he wins the rematch easily. little g can't do anything differently cause he's reached his full potential. he's simply not as good as canelo. the only reason he even had success was because canelo gased. little g didn't go to the body because he was afraid of the counter shots. and it will be no different in the rematch. canelo will dominate the rematch because that's how it always goes. the boxer does better and wins a clear decision. just like ward-kovalev 2 and floyd-castillo 2.

Comment

3g can work the body better and not be so enamored with the overhand right
            canelo can stop moving backwards and commit to his combos more

if they both do these changes, canelo wins.

Comment

GGG needed to work the body more and I disagree with the Op. I had the first 4 rounds even. I gave GGG the 1st and 4th round. While Canelo won 2 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                GGG need to go downstairs a bit more, mix up his punches. Still keep his jab but work the body. Canelo need to keep off the ropes not because he was getting damage or anything but because it was giving some people the impression that he was in trouble. But if you look properly he looked comfortable on the ropes because apart from one and a half punches landing in a flurry of 6:7 punches he was actually ok.
                he didn't look comfortable on the ropes, that was just the only place he was allowed to throw punches. he felt more comfortable throwing punches off the ropes than trying to punch and move. canelo cannot punch and move at the same time like, for example, danny jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  Canelo can't do anything different other than maybe have cleaner counter shots. He's not gonna be more aggressive, he's not gonna expend MORE energy than he did in the first fight

GGG will be more aggressive, no doubt about it
                  I'm one of those that thinks Canelo expends a ton of needless energy with his loose, hands down, explosive slick defensive style like Floyd. Golovkin looked stoick and technically efficient, seemed very conservative. Canelo didnt have a second to rest with running on the backfoot slipping, throwing and moving from Golovkins relentless pressure where Golovkin had an easier less strenuous time just walking upright in a position of strength.
                  In my book, Cotto vs Canelo taught me a lot. Canelo may have a lot of potential against opponents he could probably run over or at least stop.. but if he didn't do it then, with a vastly undersized and reformed low work rate boxer puncher, he's not going to do it with anyone else, especially Golovkin, who presents a sizeable risk. You can almost boil this down to Canelo not facing adversity to the degree he hasnt had to go balls to the wall or survival mode to win in a way not suited for his narrowly succesful defensive style

Comment

Canelo dosen't have the power to hurt ggg and the stamina to fight all 3 minutes of each round. GGG needs to go in trying to outbox canelo and not look for the ko. Work behind the jab all 3 minutes. Every time he jabbed canelo he put him in the ropes and canelo felt the jab. Easy win for ggg if he does that. Please no more kell brook moments.

Comment

Working...
                    X