Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a close fight, but some of you guys on here are ridiculous with your scores.

People fall in love with aggression way too much. Yes, Golovkin was aggressive and coming forward most of the fight, but was he effective? Not really. Look at how Canelo was rolling with Golovkin's punches. The weaving, the head movement, and not only that, but he countered solid when he needed to. Golovkin didn't even land solid on Canelo until the 4th round.

GGG couldn't keep Canelo on the ropes for long at all and when he did, he didn't land anything significant. Canelo was able to reposition himself and land counters constantly. Golovkin won in the jabbing department, but Canelos body punches, counter punches, and quick 4, 5, and 6 punch combinations stole the show.

All that said, Canelo's activity in the middle rounds dropped off a lot, so all that Golovkin really had to do at that point was land one or two solid punches and he had the round. Canelo was focusing on defense too much in the middle rounds.

If Golovkin went to the body more, he would've won. For the life of me I don't know why he didn't do that when Canelo was moving his head so effectively the whole time.

Still a close fight. I personally scored it 115 - 113 for Canelo, but I can see a draw and have no problem with that. That scorecard of 118 - 110 was bull**** though.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
      Fact, Mayweather won fights by making his opponents miss and countering all night. Yes he backed up but opponents couldn't land. Canelo moved and still got tagged. Big difference.
      And your point is?
      The guy said NO one wins going backwards, which is False.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        LOOOOOL

come on man, the smart ******s know that the jig is up

those silly Golov-myths have been busted

Golovkin cannot make 154, he would have to cut off one of his legs..... he simply would not be the same fighter at JMW, folks were nuts for thinking that

all that talk about beating Mayweather at 154, was just silly

and I don't think he could beat Lara either, because of the weight/style

that is why he totally refused to negotiate on weight with the lil old faded 153lb SUPERSTAR, Miguel Cotto

and the " nobody at 160 lasts 12 with Golovkin " myth..... is well-and-truly busted..... no question about that

and as for the Froch/Ward myths at 168... Team Golovkin should never mention either of those guys ever again.....

Froch would break Golovkin and Ward would embarrass him
        Come on man. Your body work gonna have these Golovkin worshippers pissing blood.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
          It was a close fight, but some of you guys on here are ridiculous with your scores.

People fall in love with aggression way too much. Yes, Golovkin was aggressive and coming forward most of the fight, but was he effective? Not really. Look at how Canelo was rolling with Golovkin's punches. The weaving, the head movement, and not only that, but he countered solid when he needed to. Golovkin didn't even land solid on Canelo until the 4th round.

GGG couldn't keep Canelo on the ropes for long at all and when he did, he didn't land anything significant. Canelo was able to reposition himself and land counters constantly. Golovkin won in the jabbing department, but Canelos body punches, counter punches, and quick 4, 5, and 6 punch combinations stole the show.

All that said, Canelo's activity in the middle rounds dropped off a lot, so all that Golovkin really had to do at that point was land one or two solid punches and he had the round. Canelo was focusing on defense too much in the middle rounds.

If Golovkin went to the body more, he would've won. For the life of me I don't know why he didn't do that when Canelo was moving his head so effectively the whole time.

Still a close fight. I personally scored it 115 - 113 for Canelo, but I can see a draw and have no problem with that. That scorecard of 118 - 110 was bull**** though.

great point man !!

scoring for the guy going forward is the most childishly ******ed "*********" ever made to boxing

it is ******ity personified, as-is any rule that favors/excludes any particular style

honestly, how fkn ****** can people get

scoring for the guy going forward was implemented by TV networks so that fat lazy yanks could watch a bar-room brawl without having to move their fat ass off the sofa

no knowledgeable boxing fan should be that ******

that is Jim ****-**** Lampley territory right there

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            great point man !!

scoring for the guy going forward is the most childishly ******ed "*********" ever made to boxing

it is ******ity personified, as-is any rule that favors/excludes any particular style

honestly, how fkn ****** can people get

scoring for the guy going forward was implemented by TV networks so that fat lazy yanks could watch a bar-room brawl without having to move their fat ass off the sofa

no knowledgeable boxing fan should be that ******

that is Jim ****-**** Lampley territory right there

What was the fight where Lampley was yelling **** **** over and over again and he sounded like an idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              Lmao if GGG wants a real Mexican fight he should've took the Ward fight who would've fought him like he fought Kov in the second one!

There was several times where Canelo sgood there in front of him and on the ropes but countering GGG cleanly!

This fight has exposed the bad schooling people got on the correct scoring criteria!

All I hear is GGG won due to him throwing more punches, being the aggressor, jabs, and basically willing to take more punishment!

Guess that's new scoring criteria for 2017, you must throw more, take more punches and come forward to win fights! Great!

I really can't believe so many people actually have GGG winning and calling it a robbery!

Canelo was screwed, if he gets KO'd he's a bum who's been protected and if he gets a decison then he bought the judges and now a draw in a very competitive close fight he still gets the stick despite showing more versatility and cleaner punching!

SMFH where Roger Mayweather when you need him!
              Even if Canelo connected some of the cleaner punches, Golovkin conected more, you dont wint fights being the agressor or the one who throws more punches, you win by connecting more punches and Golovkin did land more punches than Canelo, it was a war and to both I give props, I'm still amazed at how does Canelo rehydrates so much, even being a MW match he did look bigger bulkier than Golovkin and I'm not making excuses or anything, just amazed on how he gains weight in that short time, also give props to Canelo resiliency, he CAN take punches, and to the people who say Golovkin is one dimensional I say they need to get their eyes verified, if that where true, Canelo would have walked Golovkin down, Canelo is a great counter puncher and has great head movement and made Golovkin miss some punches, still Golovkin knows how to pick his punches and went there and gave all, connecting more punches and having Canelo on the back foot most of the fight, I did see Golovkin win this fight, it wasnt that difficult to judge it, Golovkin for the most part had a steady agressive pace, Canelo was having success on the first 30 secs to 1 min on most rounds. Great fight, the outcome not so great, is was not a DRAW, it was not a 110-118 fight, it was a we dont want our cash cow Canelo to have anothe L on his record, and if it was scored correctly, I would still give Canelo credit for his great performance, better than all the other MW's, except Jacobs, wich I think they are evenly matched leaning a bit more to Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                i get it now.. "mexican style" is basically blocking punches with your face and hoping for the best. why do mexicans take that as a compliment?

Tiny men who think being punched in the mouth makes them taller or more masculine like real men. It's all they know...

#TallMidgets"peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Ward is a cheating cunt who needs help from corrupt refs and judges to win. The biggest fraud in the history of boxing.

P4P, GGG is 10 times the fighter Ward is and would probably have KO'd him at 168. Ward knew that which is why he never offered to fight Golovkin immediately when GGG needed an opponent.
                  Ward is indeed a cheater, with the low blows, elbows, constant holding and headbuts, plus being an american olympic gold medallist, he is prefered and protected in the USA by the judges and referees allowing those kind of tactics, I do believe that if Ward and Golovkin where in the same MW division, Golovkin would have won, Golovkin es a true boxer and respects the sport, a gentleman in the ring not relying on dirty tactics, also Golovkin does have an iron chin and does not have the stamina issues Kovalev has, also knows how to pick his punches better and does know how to properly cut the ring, but since Ward is bigger in size and weight, it would not be a fair match, haters need to stop using that lame excuse over and over, even if Golovkin or his trainer said that they could go up or down 1 division, he has stayed in the MW division trying to unify, I do think that Golovkin cant go over to the SMW due to his size and weight, he probably can win some fights, but with the top people I dont think he can, all because of that, his size.

Comment

same ****** using ward name again...smh
                    neither duck eachother
                    and u r idiot if abandon chance to fight canelo to fight ward....

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

What was the fight where Lampley was yelling **** **** over and over again and he sounded like an idiot?

it was a Pacquiao fight, Lampley is a pac-tard

Comment

Working...
                      X