Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Dubber View Post
    Imagine 2 boxers going backwards the whole fight and 0 punches thrown... of course you award the aggressor who lands more punches dummy!
    Except Canelo actually threw the more damaging cleaner punches and snapping GGG's head back and even made GGG clinch after getting hit with a right hook to the body!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Scoring criteria isn't just connected punches son!

It's about effective aggression, clean punches, defense and ring generalship!

Canelo is the counter puncher who fights off the backfoot vs GGG is a pressure power puncher who supposed to cut off the ring!

This was supposed to be easy work for GGG due to Canelo's "cement feet" but as it showed Canelo was 2 steps ahead of him in what he wanted to do!

You name it and Canelo did it!

When Canelo wanted to sit in the pocket and unleash uppercuts and hooks to the body and head... he did it!.

When Canelo wanted to counter off the ropes...he did it!

When he wanted to walk to secure better angles and vary his approach of levels in punching...he did it!

When he wanted GGG to reset his rhythm by circling him or throwing combos....he did it!

Making GGG honest about the bodyshots? He did it!

Those are all apart of ring generalship which got NO credit from media,some fellow boxers and fans of course!

This was no war, this was a boxing match which favored Canelo who's the boxer and the pressure fighter GGG favors the war which it was not!

Folks see what they want to see even when it's not there!

Canelo should've won or a draw is cool but when I hear GGG say Canelo ran that means he was frustrated and did not enforce his will in the squared circle(no pun intended) like he should've!

DisAbeled Sanchez is a joke, I heard no good instructions and was telling GGG the same thing!

GGG should be glad for a draw since it sets him up for another career high pay day and he can retire after being outboxed AGAIN by the smaller man who was making his 160 debut!

GGG one of the biggest hyped up fighters of modern times!

Lol! A hype job that outpunched Canelo, had him on the back foot for most of the match, the only reason he got the draw was because it was Vegas, the most corrupt place for boxing, HBO and De La Hoya's golden goose, allmost all the media, boxers, trainers, comentators, Mexicans, even the people @ the stadium saw Golovkin win and was clearly heard when the scores where given, so by your comment you are saying that you know more than them and have a better judgement than people who actually live doing boxing, give me a break, this was a gift to Canelo to not lose credibility or fan base, he didnt dominate Golovkin or tamed him, he was outworked and wasnt humble to admit the props of his opponent, instead starte crying like the diva he is that he was robed, unlike Golovkin that gave props to Canelo and was a gentleman and a humble person after the match. By your comments you are saying that Canelo is one of the biggest hyped up fighter of modern times because he lost that fight on the eyes of most people and got a draw in front of the judges. People can now realize that the hype job has allways been Canelo who could not dominate or outwork an old 35yr old boxer, regarded by haters as a hype job.

And just so you know, since you have a better eye and know more about boxing than most people, these are some of the comments of people who actually dedicate their lives to boxing:

Former heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis “Here we go again. These scorecards were ridiculous!

Tyrannus Teran “Boxing is the only place you can be robbed without a gun -M.Tyson”

Light welter Champion of the World – Terence Crawford “That judge that had it 118 110 need to be fired asap.”

Al Bernstein “Been told most at press row had 116-112 for GGG. That or 115-113 is good to me.”

Dan Rafael “Round 12: They go the distance in a terrific fight! Rd 12 for Canelo. GGG wins 116-112 on my card.”

Paul Malignaggi “Nah that was politics man. Unfortunately when a fighter generates the money Canelo does lots of people get rich so cash cow gets protected.”

Former heavyweight Champion Rid**** Bowe “Robbed man GGGboxing got robbed boxing need to get there [expletive] together. That’s what’s up. Bowe.”

Douglas Fisher “I scored #CaneloGGG 115-113 for Golovkin. Lot of press row writers had GGG winning 116-112. Very good fight. Byrd’s score stains it, tho.”

Peter the sport Gawd “The Mexican crowd is cheering ggg and booing Canelo, that’s all you need to know.”

Brian Campbell “We have a problem in this sport. It’s not a new problem. It’s still awful.”

J Lepak “What a [expletive] joke that decision was!!! #CaneloGGG.”

Manny Pacquiao “Did they bring these judges over from Australia?”

Dan Rafael “#CaneloGGG is a classic fight ruined by inept judge in a draw.”

Stephen A Smith “I can’t believe this B.S. A f$&@&) Draw. GGG won the damn fight. It was close and a great one, but GGG won 115-113”

Nigel Collins “I don’t always agree with Harold Lederman’s scoring, but IMO he nailed it with his 116-112 score for GGG.”

Promoter Tom Loeffler‏ “Respect Canelo for finally taking the fight against GGGboxing. The Fans know who the true champion still is #CaneloGGG”.

Dave Coldwell “BULL[expletive]! They robbed him. They screwed GGGboxing 100%. Disgusted 118-110 Canelo? Disgrace. Absolutely gutted.”

Comment

• Aren't you guys tired of hearing about this Mexican style nonsense. As if Canelo was supposed to stand there squared up and swinging away.

Canelo actually performed better than expected. GG has like no creativity in his approach whatsoever.

GG has nobody to blame but himself.

Comment

• Canelo has skills but as far as being like the Mexican greats of yesteryear he's not there at all. He back peddles and is more defensively minded than aggressive. I was expecting him to bring it to Golovkin and exchange but at the halfway point he started going backwards which to me was reminiscent of Mayweather. I don't personally like the style but to each his own. Good for him because he's obviously trying not to get hit but it's not an exciting style in my opinion and he'll have people tuning in to watch him lose rather than win like was the case with Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by methodcal View Post
            So he should stand and trade with a bigger powerful guy. You been knocked out ever or in a serious fist fight. Let me know how that works for you.
            Ive seen this a guy out box a fighter and get called a runner by latino and mexican fight fans, but when one of their own does it. It's cool now. I'm not against the strategy, I am just calling a spade a spade and pointing out hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
              Canelo has skills but as far as being like the Mexican greats of yesteryear he's not there at all. He back peddles and is more defensively minded than aggressive. I was expecting him to bring it to Golovkin and exchange but at the halfway point he started going backwards which to me was reminiscent of Mayweather. I don't personally like the style but to each his own. Good for him because he's obviously trying not to get hit but it's not an exciting style in my opinion and he'll have people tuning in to watch him lose rather than win like was the case with Mayweather.
              And you do realize neither is golovkin right.

Comment

• Mexican style is the practice of "Hit while not getting hit and then be in position to hit again" -- a variation of the old school philosophy "hit and not get hit."

This style brings a lot of pressure and aggressiveness to the opponent, but also requires incredible stamina to pull. You are not suppose to use your face and eat punches for defense, but if you aren't skilled enough and because of their proximity to the opponent, it comes with the territory. And yes, you don't need to be a mexican to use mexican style.

When executed properly, it's very beautiful watch. Salvador Sanchez, Roberto Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez to name a few use it. Notice that they are just there exchanging a punch with you, but it's hard to hit them despite the proximity during the exchange. They know how to cut off the ring well and they don't give you rest. Those are the really skilled ones, but, if you use mexican style with considerably less skill, you are prone to be a punching bag.
                Last edited by spenz; 09-18-2017, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                  Triple G exposed as one dimensional. Doesnt comprehend the concept of cutting off the ring. He follows mindlessly eating punches and looking like a fool trying to land the right hand.
                  What fight were you watching? That one dimensional fighter was knocking Canelo's head back all night with stiff jabs. Canelo was the one who looked one-dimensional in this fight.

Comment

• Gennady Golovkin: "Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!"

Actually real Mexican style fighters have a WAY better connect percentage. GGG missed a shiiii-load of his punches. And MANY of the 'connects' were no where near solid or accurate.

He can grind on Canelo for running, but all GGG did was chase him all night. Never was really able to cut off the ring very well. Canelo should be praised for how good his defense was. He's really getting great with that asset.

And before you grind, I had GGG by a point, and yes Adelaide Byrds 118-110 score was a bad joke. Close fight that definitely will be even better in the rematch IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                      Mayweather won fights, rightly or wrongly, backing up all night long. It isn't about who the aggressor is, it's about who lands the cleaner punches, head and body, and that's it. Judging, even when not corrupt, is so subjective and one can see one fight and someone else sees a different view of who won.
                      Exactly. Be the aggressor all you want, if it's not effective aggression you won't/shouldn't get points for it. Likewise for backing up...if you are back footling all night but you are the man with the success and effectiveness, it shouldn't matter if you are backing up, you deserve the points. Thing is with this, Canelo was backing up but not exactly being effective, he didn't fight a positive fight at all and should have lost in my opinion. He had his moments, sure, but did he win/earn a draw? No. GGG won by a couple of rounds and it seems most people see that too. I feel Canelo wins a rematch though because the more time goes by from now till then means that GGG only gets older and slower while Canelo gets stronger and develops.

Comment

Working...
                      X