No announcement yet.

Every Major Media Outlet had GGG Winning the Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gareth Davies (UK Telegraph) -----------> 116-112 Canelo

I'm from England and I had Canelo 117 - 111.

Rounds 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Comment

• What makes people mad is obvious corruption passed off as honesty. People do not like being lied to.
      Byrd's score card is the story here--not the draw (or at least not nearly as much).
      Akin to Canelo being up on that corrupt *****, CJ Ross' card at the end of him getting shut out by Mayweather. Mayweather fortunately won a split decision, but the fact that the fix was in (and we've no idea who the briber was, but we can certainly pinpoint the bribed).
      That, I'm guessing anyway, is what most rational fans of the sport are pissed about when this stuff happens.
      I'm a massive GGG fan, but Canelo won me over last night. It was a super intense fight bc even when no action was occurring, I couldn't turn away for a second bc they were both monsters.
      It took Tarver two fights to spark RJJ, Bowe-Holyfield took three, PAC/Marquez took four, etc...
      Point being, it was a fight worth paying for and watching with my buddies, and the rematch is going to need a stellar promotion to be bigger than this event, and so someone is going to need to ghostwrite for Oscar bc Golden Boy is going to drop the ball on this, I think (and yes, I do believe that Oscar bribed Byrd...and CJ (he's a coke head, alcoholic, borderline kook. I do believe he has it in him to dial while intoxicated from time to time (especially if his cash cow is at stake (and he most assuredly was))))
      Last edited by nveleven; 09-17-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        The judges don't gotta discern them in a 12 round fight. Just round by round. And Canelo did that in 7 rounds & landed the harder punches more often in the fight. Never seen GGG getting his head kicked back like he did in this fight. Respect to his chin, but those are scoring blows.
        There is 3 minutes in a round to score the fight, not 1 minute, canelo might have landed more power in 7 rounds, but you also have to take into consideration what happened in the next 2 minutes of the round, ggg was landing and making canelo go backwards, that is effective aggression, those jabs and rights mount up, especially when canelo is obviously looking to take a break but doesn't or isn't given the opportunity, I've been involved with boxing for a very long time and that was a gift to canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          There is 3 minutes in a round to score the fight, not 1 minute, canelo might have landed more power in 7 rounds, but you also have to take into consideration what happened in the next 2 minutes of the round, ggg was landing and making canelo go backwards, that is effective aggression, those jabs and rights mount up, especially when canelo is obviously looking to take a break but doesn't or isn't given the opportunity, I've been involved with boxing for a very long time and that was a gift to canelo
          Sure he was effective in those middle rounds, but he wasn't at all early (I legit thought he was gonna sh^t the bed early he looked so awkward & un-GGG-like) & I thought Canelo out-effective aggressioned him in the last few rounds with his accuracy. My version of effective aggression requires landing punches not just jabs. GGG missed more punches than any fight he's ever had, just shy of 500 punches amazingly.

It was a close fight. I got no f#cking clue why some of you guys can't even admit that while most of you guys got it 7-5 GGG like its the 2nd widest 7-5 fight ever besides Bradley over JMM (another fight I think the Bradley fans are f#cking nuts on by acting like that was some landslide 7-5 Tim fight).

Not really a surprise doe. There are so many extreme boxing fans I'm used to the delusionalness of the average guy on a forum like this that thinks a guy is the #1 ATG fighter ever or a complete bum who should retire cuz no one can simply be the 8th best boxer or live in the grey area around the black & white that is all you guys can see.

Comment

• Boxingscene is a major media outlet (for boxing) and they have it a draw. Fail Thread.

Comment

Well like I said about half the people had it 7-5 either way. About ~90%ish had it 2 rounds or less apart. When half of people got it 7-5 GGG, 6-6 Even & 7-5 Canelo its a close f#cking fight. And when 90% of people got it within 2 rounds is that fight realllllllly this f#cking wide like some of you cats are trying to act like?

I mean I understand that 10-2 Canelo card pissed people off & I don't think I've seen anyone saying it was legit in any seriousness or just outright saying it was a bs card, but just cuz that card was bs don't mean we gotta act like the other 2 guys didn't represent what the fight was which was a close fight.
              Canelo had great moments. Golovkin had control for like 75% or 80% of the fight. Canelo never truly adapted to the pressure.

Comment

• What did Ring have for a score? Anybody that didn't favor the god child would probably have their desk cleared by Monday...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                  Canelo only landed 4 more power shots but was outlanded by a total of 50 shots. These ******s are making it seem like canelo had a huge advantage on power shots when they were almost even.

Comment

The judges don't gotta discern them in a 12 round fight. Just round by round. And Canelo did that in 7 rounds & landed the harder punches more often in the fight. Never seen GGG getting his head kicked back like he did in this fight. Respect to his chin, but those are scoring blows.
                    Ok, you're saying the judges don't have to discern 114-110 in power shots over a 12 round fight, they need to see who got the most power shots round by round. Correct?

in two of the 7 rounds, he outlanded GGG in power shots by 1. You honestly think a professional judge is going to score a round to Canelo because he landed 10 Power shots vs 9 to GGG in rounds 8 and 11?

There's absolutely no way they would be able to tell the difference between one fighter landing 10 power shots and 1 landing 9. That's just hysterical.

Do you even put thought into what your opinions are and what they look like once you put them down in a post?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      What casuals think about a boxing match is literally irrelevant.

I don'r agee that everyone thought it was clear, many thought it was close.

But I won't argue with anyone that thinks GGG won. Draw a fair result IMO
                      May thought it was a close fight that is a clear win for GGG, that's why 90% of all boxing thought GGG won.

There is such a thing as close but clear winner and GGG was the clear winner in a close and competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X