Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The quality of the HBO commentary last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

I liked Larry, but senility had clearly set in. When he started commenting during the first round, he'd finish the sentence at the final bell.

Comment

I think Lampley is probably the biggest issue.

He doesn't tell you what's going on at all. Tedious cunt.

His job is simple. Mention when one lad has punched the other lad.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        Roy Is by far the worst. He had Canelos balls so deep down his mouth he still couldn't remove them even when it was painfully obvious That GGG was beating the **** out of him.

You also need to get your eyes checked out, no way in hell Canelo won or was it a draw. At the minimum GGG won by 2 rounds.
        lil g sux & is overrated with 2 losses in a row. You might want to watch them fights again in slow motion with a pen & paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I think Lampley is probably the biggest issue.

He doesn't tell you what's going on at all. Tedious cunt.

His job is simple. Mention when one lad has punched the other lad.
          This. By far.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            Kellerman and Jones are the only ones who know anything about boxing in the whole HBO crew. Just because they disagree with your biased DKSAB ass doesn't mean they're annoying.
            Come back to me when you've got something sensible to say, you silly little child.

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            not sure why posters make such a big deal about this?? yall watching the fight or listening to the commentator instead???
            This is the thing... I'm TRYING to watch the fight, but I've got ****s chatting shit in my ear non-stop while it's taking place. How am I supposed to concentrate on a fight when I've got non-stop squawking? It's like that time I tried to watch a fight when I was banging your mom. Anally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
              HBO commentators sounded like groupies. All I can remember is them taking Canelo's balls out their mouth to cheer for him.
              "I disagree that Canelo took a punch there, Max... he wanted to get hit in the face and deliberately let Triple G punch him, that's how he do how he do."

Comment

"I disagree that Canelo took a punch there, Max... he wanted to get hit in the face and deliberately let Triple G punch him, that's how he do how he do."
                LMAO! Yeah bro, Im there like really? You gonna take sides now? SMH.

Comment

... when Max Kellerman's the least irritating person behind the mike, you know it's gonna be a bad night. Lampley needs taking out like an old dog and given both barrels. Put him into pasture.

That bit in the first round: "JAB... JAB.... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB...."

What IS IT with these daft cunts that they seem to feel they have to fill EVERY second with NOISE?

If you haven't got anything to say then SHUT. YOUR. FUCKING. MOUTH. People are tuning in for informed commentary, not incessant bullshit. Lampley's obsession with the word "jab" had him calling left hooks "jabs" in round 9.

And Royston "Roy" Jones Jr. disagreeing with the other two on nearly EVERY point. Granted, they ARE cunts, and deserve to be disagreed with, but it's getting ridiculous now.

"And if you take a shit without dropping your pants, you'll get stained underwear."

"No, I disagree with that, Max, because if you done gone do how you do, then you do done gone do."

And "Triple G"? How many fucking TIMES did they say that??? Let's remind ourselves that "Triple G" isn't actually his fucking NAME. It's his nickname. It's like watching a Wilder fight, and repeatedly (and fuck me, do they repeat) saying "Bronze Bomber." Grow the fuck up.

In fact, they all need to fuck off. I saw another fight (Monroe vs Saunders) and I thought Richie "literally" Woodhall would be the most annoying cunt with a microphone last night. Sadly I was wrong. Because the thing about the UK commentary (and Showtime's, to be fair) is that they don't mind having SILENCE for more than two seconds at a time.

Shut the fuck up.

You completely nailed it. They are totally awful and need to be replaced.

At the very least 2 of the 4 (including Lederman) need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                    Max is so into demonstrating that he is a "historian of boxing" that he doesn't bother describing what is actually happening in the ring, he is so infatuated with name dropping boxers from the past.
                    thats max kellerman.

he knows boxing sure, but he REALLY wants to make sure that you know that

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                      thats max kellerman.

he knows boxing sure, but he REALLY wants to make sure that you know that
                      When Max is on the job with his wife he goes "that SHAG was LIKE rocky GRAZiANO versus Tony ZALE!"

Out of the four of them, Max is now my favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) which shows how far the standard has fallen. Lampley USED to be decent... but when all he says is "BOOM! BANG! JABBITY JAB JAB JAB! BANG! BANG!" someone at the very least needs to take his bag of green away from him.

As for Lederman, that squeaky-voiced cunt, I thought he was a cartoon character the first time I heard him. What I hate most is when he describes the judges (like who gives a fuck anyway?) and then tells you they'll do a good job despite his evidence to the contrary:

"OKAY JIM! Dis guy's been a judge in fifty world title fights, and delivered a fuckin' ******ed scorecard in all fifty of 'em... he can't score a fight to save his fuckin' life, the guy's simple in da fuckin' head and probably fell off a fuckin' wall when he was two. He'll do a real good job tonight............. JIM!"

Comment

Working...
                      X