No announcement yet.

GGG put in a solid performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG put in a solid performance

Intelligent pressure and he couldnt miss with the jab. He made canelo fight his fight at a high work rate.

I said in the build up that it was weird that canelo was being seen as the more skilled fighter. To me, i dont equate being skilled as being hit in the face with the jab every few seconds.

GGG also showed solid defence, just as he did against jacobs. Must of them punches were being caught on the gloves. He didnt look a fighter on the decline to me at all, fighting at a great intensity that the younger man couldnt cope him.

Canelo had his moments and started well but how anyone saw that fight for canelo i dont know. Might offend some people but you obviously dont know what you are watching or are trying to save face, if you watched that fight and thought 'yeah canelo won that, he was the better man'.

There was a real lack of consistent, good work from canelo and he looked like a beaten man for most the fight, fighting on the back foot but not in an effective manner. Golovkin set the pace and it was clear as day who the boss in there was.

Thats why the crowd booed and basically every media report had golovkin winning. This **** isnt hard to score. Obvious outrage about the 118-110 score but there should be more about the 114-114 scorecard too. These people should know how to do their ****ing jobs, they are meant to be the best judges going, there shouldnt be much margin of error at all.

And its laughable, people say golovkins one dimensional, relies too heavily on his power, but now he didnt knock him out we get the 'where was his power' lines coming out. Well there seemed to be enough of it to stop canelo coming out of his shell for the vast majority of the fight.

As for a rematch, i dont want to see one. Golovkins 35, lets see him against some other fighters. Whos to say he doesnt get robbed again, we got our answer as to who the better fighter was tonight, i dont need de la hoyas official approval to tell me who that was.

Stopped at "couldn't miss with the jab"

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Intelligent pressure and he couldnt miss with the jab. He made canelo fight his fight at a high work rate.

I said in the build up that it was weird that canelo was being seen as the more skilled fighter. To me, i dont equate being skilled as being hit in the face with the jab every few seconds.

GGG also showed solid defence, just as he did against jacobs. Must of them punches were being caught on the gloves. He didnt look a fighter on the decline to me at all, fighting at a great intensity that the younger man couldnt cope him.

Canelo had his moments and started well but how anyone saw that fight for canelo i dont know. Might offend some people but you obviously dont know what you are watching or are trying to save face, if you watched that fight and thought 'yeah canelo won that, he was the better man'.

There was a real lack of consistent, good work from canelo and he looked like a beaten man for most the fight, fighting on the back foot but not in an effective manner. Golovkin set the pace and it was clear as day who the boss in there was.

Thats why the crowd booed and basically every media report had golovkin winning. This **** isnt hard to score. Obvious outrage about the 118-110 score but there should be more about the 114-114 scorecard too. These people should know how to do their ****ing jobs, they are meant to be the best judges going, there shouldnt be much margin of error at all.

And its laughable, people say golovkins one dimensional, relies too heavily on his power, but now he didnt knock him out we get the 'where was his power' lines coming out. Well there seemed to be enough of it to stop canelo coming out of his shell for the vast majority of the fight.

As for a rematch, i dont want to see one. Golovkins 35, lets see him against some other fighters. Whos to say he doesnt get robbed again, we got our answer as to who the better fighter was tonight, i dont need de la hoyas official approval to tell me who that was.
      Yeah Golovkin got Whittakered tonight, which is when the non-Mexican wins 8-4 and gets a draw for his worries against the popular Mexican fighter.

This should have been Golovkin's night but those be the breaks.

I agree with most of what you said, Canelo looked confused and tired for most of the fight, he couldn't deal with the jab of Golovkin.

Comment

I totally agree with sentiment there!

Comment

If I'm Golovin I would avoid the rematch and just do my own thing. IMHO it's not like he barely won, I think he won clearly and comfortably. Nobody will view it as a duck if he doesn't do the rematch and it won't plague him. He should move on.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            If I'm Golovin I would avoid the rematch and just do my own thing. IMHO it's not like he barely won, I think he won clearly and comfortably. Nobody will view it as a duck if he doesn't do the rematch and it won't plague him. He should move on.
            yup.fight saunders then retire.Hes not getting a fair shake in the rematch either.

Comment

He wasnt expecting Canelo evading the fight as much (they admitted that) - but he looked good to me (7 or 8/10). Won 8-4 or 7-5 (at the worst).

I think if the rematch was to happen, he would be tactically better prepared.

Credit to Canelo, looked very prepared, but I dont think he can do better than that. If he runs less, he would get hurt and possibly stopped. If he runs as in this one his stamina goes away. IMO this is the best Canelo can do against this version of GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                I think the only fight that makes sense for him financially is a rematch with Canelo, I think a rematch with Jacobs would be great but it's a higher risk and lower reward for GGG who doesn't have that much time left. If I was his manager I'd try to get that rematch and maybe a trilogy, that's like 20-30 millions dollars to make fighting a light middleweight. As a fan though I'd bemore interested in a rematch against Jacobs and then the winner fights Saunders for all the belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                  I think the only fight that makes sense for him financially is a rematch with Canelo, I think a rematch with Jacobs would be great but it's a higher risk and lower reward for GGG who doesn't have that much time left. If I was his manager I'd try to get that rematch and maybe a trilogy, that's like 20-30 millions dollars to make fighting a light middleweight. As a fan though I'd bemore interested in a rematch against Jacobs and then the winner fights Saunders for all the belts.
                  The rematch is for sure the best option. Golovkin won't get any better now. Jacobs vs Saunders would be interesting. I'd hate to imagine Saunders emerging the king of the middles in the end though. He is pondlife.

Comment

Effective aggression, ring Generalship. He was on Canelo like glue. Often when Canelo would backpedal to get away, Golovkin literally jogged to him to stay right on top of him, not allowing him to breath. You could really see how fatigued Canelo was second half of the fight, as GGG forced him to fight at a pace he couldn't handle. Which is why Canelo would only fight in spurts and flurries. Great performance by Golovkin. Too bad the judges we're paid off (nothing new for Canelo, same guy who managed to get a draw on one card against Floyd despite being dominated).
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 09-17-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X